Kingdom Hearts Sephiroth Battle Help

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts Help' started by Zer0-Vestige, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Zer0-Vestige Merlin's Housekeeper

In the first Kingdom Hearts, i was facing Sephiroth...when i notice he was not taking any damage...i need help to defeat him, anyone got good tips to defeat him or a strategy?

2. Cloudrunner62 Twilight Town Denizen

He actually is taking damage, he just has more health bars than they had colors for in KH1.

3. Zer0-Vestige Merlin's Housekeeper

I attacked him likes 100 times and he still have same color ._.

4. Cloudrunner62 Twilight Town Denizen

What level are you?

5. Zer0-Vestige Merlin's Housekeeper

I am currently level 67 with Oblivion Keyblade in Normal Mode

6. Cloudrunner62 Twilight Town Denizen

Hmm...how are you managing to survive long at all against him. Full disclosure, I haven't beaten him myself yet, got him down to the yellow though. I'm at lvl 87. Oblivion ain't bad, although I highly recommend the Lionheart as it has more MP bars.

7. Zer0-Vestige Merlin's Housekeeper

8. Cloudrunner62 Twilight Town Denizen

And you weren't doing ANY damage!?!

9. Zer0-Vestige Merlin's Housekeeper

Thats what i think, he had the same color

10. redhairedking Traverse Town Homebody

I am calling BS on this statement. To my knowledge Sephiroth only had one, maybe two, extra HP bars. At level 67 you should easily be able to get rid of that in two hours. I have seen people at significantly lower levels beat him in just a few minutes on hard mode.

11. Mixt The dude that does the thing

You could stand to be a bit nicer about it, but yes. It is hard to imagine making a run for two hours, especially when you don't see damage being done. To be clear we are talking about a single run, no retries.

If you seriously did spend two hours in there and actually were dealing damage rather than continuous dodging than bravo but I regret to tell you that your game is broken. Sephiroth has a sixth HP bar that you can't see, but even fighting defensively it should not take you more than five minutes to get past it. If you just need to see where it starts then equip strike raid and maybe some MP increasing equipment. Strike Raid makes you invincible while dealing some pretty easy to do attacks so, while you won't be able to sustain that for the whole battle, it should give you an idea of about how much damage you need to do before he is on visible bars.

12. Cloudrunner62 Twilight Town Denizen

The pink neko is correct. As I mentioned, the Lionheart or whatever Leon's keyblade is called in KH1, is a great choice there and Strike Raid is your best best.

13. Zer0-Vestige Merlin's Housekeeper

I was rechecking, the reason it took me so long it because i was mostly dodging and atttack like 5-7 times :/

14. Cloudrunner62 Twilight Town Denizen

There you go. Just keep hitting him and DEAR GOD hit him fast when he says "Come!". That means he's about to cast a spell that will bring you down to 1 hp and ZERO mp.

15. Zer0-Vestige Merlin's Housekeeper

:O same move that he used on kingdom hearts 2? uh oh...i am in trouble

16. Mixt The dude that does the thing

A few ways to deal with Descend Heartless Angel. In order of efficiency...

1) Run up and smack him. Superglide is your best friend for this.
    2) Strike Raid. The arena is small enough there is a good chance of you being in range, and even if you fail you will be invincible for the immediate follow up, thus usually giving you a larger window to use an elixir.
    3) Wait with an elixir and then throw it just before the move actually connects. The item delay will cause it to land just after the attack connects and you will be able to sustain getting the hit.

The first time I beat him I used tactic 3. Since then I can usually use a mix of 1 and 2 depending on where he is. Obviously, as with all things Sephiroth, practice practice practice. It took me several days to beat Sephiroth, you will mess up a lot before you come out on top.

17. Zer0-Vestige Merlin's Housekeeper

I just glad he was easy in KH2. So far, he (and another boss of another video game series) are the only ones i havent beat yet

18. NamineArtistOfLove Destiny Islands Resident

I used Oblivion, (not sure what level I was, like 63 or 64 I think) on Normal Mode and I beat him relitively easy, but I set up a whole sytem and pattern with specific controls, items, and abilities specifically for the battle. (I'm talking the KH1 Sephiroth) I didn't just over-stock like I usually do for boss fights. It's weird you got stuck that long. Probably a glitch. :/ If you can defeat the ice-titan in 5-10 minutes, then Sephiroth should take you 15-20 at the most on a single run-through.

19. idark Merlin's Housekeeper

takes time to beat him..must have the right moves and damage/defense..and play smart countering attacks.

20. sora the explorer Destiny Islands Resident

like me for example