Secretariat

Discussion in 'Disney Galaxy' started by Sara, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Sara Tea Drinker

Apologies to staff if there's already a thread. I haven't seen one, and yes, this is a Disney movie.

I know it's next week, but I saw a preview of it tonight. I was impressed.

I haven't seen a movie on the big screen in ages. I haven't honestly been impressed by any movies coming out and the ones I seem to keep an eye out for have gotten some of the worst reviews I've ever seen. *coughs*LastAibender*coughs*

It wasn't as good as Seabiscuit. I didn't expect it to be, that movie was something that could bring in any audience who was looking for a good human interest story that will make you cry and cheer all in one moment. If you haven't seen that by the way, you should if you like those movies.

It was a little too "campy" for me about the family and the owner's struggles between her family and the farm. But the rest of it is excellently made to bring in a battle of a farm under massive debt back to glory days and a chestnut racehorse who could do it for them. And all the struggles the one horse has to bring not only the farm, but horse racing back to it's glory days of the triple crown.

If you have seen Secretariat run live in the Triple Crown, I'm thrilled for you. Moments like that are a classic treasure that will never be forgotten most likely. People like me who were not even born at the time and either seen it on YouTube like me, or not even have seen it will see the first time the massive achievement this little red horse had accomplished against a rival horse who could have probably won any other year, and a female owner who competes in a male-dominated sport.

Words can't describe the final scene and moments of the movie, and if you can tolerate the campiness that comes with it, it's a must see.

2. John Clay Rice Hollow Bastion Committee

I'm gonna see it cause it's about a triple crown winner and me being Kentuckian. I'm proud to be from this great state.

3. Sara Tea Drinker

Do note for some of the non-race people. Some of the terms aren't explained. For Secretariat's accomplishments, they're dead on every way, they couldn't have done it better. For some of the smaller things, like his breeding especially, they don't cover as well. But they give enough so you don't need someone sitting next to you explaining whats happening or why it's significant.

It's more like for me, something that's not too technical so if you're interested, you can read more about it later on. There is more to the story that isn't explained well in my Point of View, but its very minute details that for me as an avid horse fan who has read everything about Secretariat and the subject of horse racing would pick up compared to someone who is interested for other reasons.

Just a note, it's still a must-see.

4. Churro Merlin's Housekeeper

I've seen all of the previews. Can't wait to see it. *-*