Film Scooby-Doo Reboot

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Boy Wonder, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I'm looking forward to this, but I'm wondering about the emphasis on "live action" and whether or not it means Scooby will be CGI again or an actual dog with voice over. The former seems the most likely, but the emphasis on live-action makes me wonder.

2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Based on the original 1969 cartoon? HECK YEAH

Their last two live action movies were...uh...a thing. I'll be interested to see how this one's gonna be different from those two.

3. ShibuyaGato Transformation

I used to love the Scooby Doo + Monsters Unleashed movies as a kid, and even now I'll watch them on occasion. I'll admit that they weren't the best, and the stories were pretty dark for Scooby Doo. The thought of a reboot with the original cartoon's plot seems interesting, and I'm curious.

I just hope they can get the original cast. I really can't picture anyone else in those roles for a live action film.

4. Antidote Façade

I really can't be anything other than positive about this. I loved the live-action movies as well as the cartoons as a kid. The live cast was perfect, and Scooby as a CGI just...worked. They got everyone down to a tee.

I hope they don't get an actual dog and provide a voice-over for it - I find that cheesy as hell. Never been a fan of those 'talking animal' movies. :X