Rooster Teeth

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Ars Nova, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

[​IMG]

Yup, these guys are still a thing. Except they don't just make Halo Machinima! I know, crazy right? They also make RWBY /brick'd AND MANY OTHER FINE WEB SERIES. Here are some samples of their other series:

And that's not even CLOSE to all there is. Most of it is on Youtube but if you want it quicker you should check out their site.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  2. Ty Traverse Town Homebody

minecraft episode 100 this week yay

3. Basilissa Moogle Assistant

[​IMG]

4. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I haven't watched any of their other stuff, but RWBY is FANTASTIC. Can't wait for Volume 2 to start this summer!~

rwby.gif

5. CrownMoksha Decimo

I might've never knew about these guys if it weren't for my friend telling me about RvB, specifically where Tex kicks everyone ass in season 9

6. Hiro ✩ Guardian

I seriously love these guys, they're all great! Not into RvB though that's just me. RWBY kicks ass even if people need to stop going crazy with shipping characters, and I cannot wait for Volume 2 on July 4th. Based on the leaked opening I saw on tumblr, it's gonna be FABULOUS

7. Spike H E R O

Yeah, they've done alright by me. I haven't been into RvB for a while (though I do plan on getting back on that train sooner or later) but I do enjoy RWBY, RT Shorts, the Podcast, Animated Adventures, and Rage Quit (#surgeonsimulatorFTW).

I really miss the comic, though. It gave me a reason to actually visit their website instead of bumming off the YouTube channel.

8. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Yeah that's where I picked it back up, haha. I've tried to get into the earlier seasons but it's a little too much standing around. I appreciate the slapstick of the later seasons.

Have you checked out their Let's Play channel? It's got a ton of content with Michael, Gav, and the rest of the AH crew.

9. Ty Traverse Town Homebody

Kinda disappointed with episode 100 of Minecraft, honestly.

As someone who's watched every episode since the day episode 1 came out, I thought starting with the planning, building, and anticipation of Plan G was a good way to start it off and reflect back on the last two years, especially for someone like me who has watched every week. However, I thought teasing the tunnel over the last couple of months was an attempt to build hype for episode 100, but come to find out, it's not even part of it. I personally thought the tunnel was going to lead to a clone of this community video someone did a year or so ago - which was an underground maze and scavenger hunt with smaller recreations of past Let's Plays - especially when they said they've been working on it for about a year and a half. As much as I like the nostalgia, I thought a scavenger hunt inside of Achievement City was lackluster when you think about the hype surrounding the episode. Plus, we've seen Achievement City time and time again, and some of the clues revisited more of the low points of the series, such as Geoff's Anatomy and No Glory Hole.

As the Let's Play progressed, I began to figure out that it was all going to end at the Altar of Pimps, remembering how weird Geoff and Gavin would get about it getting broken. If I remember correctly, we even saw a little bit of the gold within in an episode, or Things to Do. However, I'm still not sure how this took a year and a half to create, even for Geoff and Gavin. Obviously they're busy with other ****, but that build shouldn't take up that much time. Honestly, I was let down after the way they built this up at PAX East. They made it seem like this Let's Play was going to be on a much bigger scale than the 99 episodes prior, but instead gave us something that most likely required less work than Clouds/Cloud Down, #DanTheMan, Dig Down, etc. I don't buy that this took them a year and a half to create.

Maybe I'm just picky, but I really felt let down. I doubt they'll make it to March 2016 for episode 200, but if they do, hopefully it's better than this.

10. parabola Destiny Islands Resident

I'm a pretty fastidious viewer of most things Rooster Teeth, except for its signature series. After watching five episodes of Season 11 of RvB I gave up. In some sense, it felt like the show had essentially run its course, so I'm not sure how good it would be even if Burns was still the head writer, but it's still kind of disappointing the way it's gone. Maybe I should try to pick it up again someday. Definitely looking forward to Season 2 of RWBY; I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt and assume that most of the problems in Season 1 were just growing pains. And as always, Achievement Hunter is entertaining and hilarious.

11. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Now that I've seen it, I get that. It was a lovely idea but maybe not quite special enough to be a 100-video special. Though the hint at the 200th video special was... interesting. Maybe that one will be stronger.