Robin Williams Dies at Age 63

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Fellangel, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Fellangel Bichael May

2. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

He was my hero

...I'm gonna miss him.

3. Anixe Hollow Bastion Committee

Oh Captain, my captain. Rest in peace, Robin Williams. :c

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

We will never forget his Genie impression

5. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

This is shocking news to hear. I really liked Robin Williams, and to hear this really saddens me. It's so hard to think that the voice behind Genie is dead ;~;

6. Fork These violent delights have violent ends

Oh Captain my Captain...
    Robin Williams was my childhood hero. I'm incredibly shocked and sad about this.

7. Antidote Façade

Really sad to hear this. He was an incredibly talented actor & comedian. I was a big fan of his movies as a kid.

Rest in peace, Robin. :c

8. Hayabusa Venomous

One of the few celebrity deaths that's really meant something to me (not saying that any other person's death has no impact -- just not as much for me personally)

I can name so many movies I've enjoyed seeing him in. It's gonna be tough to go on knowing that we won't be seeing anymore after his current projects that he finished acting in are done.

9. Misty gimme kiss

Same. I've been sad about celeb deaths before but not quite like this. An absolute monument of I think most people's childhood. Incredibly sad to hear.

10. Labrys King's Apprentice

I find it hard to believe that the cause of death was suicide, nor the fact that he's depressed in the first place. May rest in peace williams.

11. Korosu Kingdom Keeper

So very, very sad. My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

12. ShibuyaGato Transformation

I was devastated when I heard about this. He played a huge part in my childhood, and it's such a shame. He will be missed.

13. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

This has been probably the first celebrity death that has truly affected me. I thought he was a brilliant and talented man, Jumanji, Mrs. Doubtfire, Aladdin were huge parts of my childhood. I can still watch and enjoy them but they have been tainted a bit with his death and it would sadden me greatly.

14. Krowley Moderator

Didn't even know about this until I got to work and opened up a newspaper. And there on the front page, it was. I just blurted out "Robin Williams is dead?!" because you know... can't internally except that. Robin Williams was one of the first actors I knew of. He was in a lot of movies I watched growing up and I just hate to see him pass away like this. He brought joy to a lot of people and was a good comedic and dramatic actor.

15. Mish smiley day!

This was literally the first thing I heard about when I woke up this morning. :C Like many, he was an icon of my childhood. I'm watching Jumanji right now and it's so nostalgic, I feel like I'm a kid again and everything is right in the world..

16. Jayn

All day yesterday I was telling myself I wasn't going to cry, and then it finally happened last night and it was awful. This is the third celebrity death that's really hit me but this one is ... different. He was such a huge part of so many people's childhood, and honestly, the WORST part about this, is suicide? If it was a heart attack or something it would still be pretty sad, but it wouldn't be so ... devastating to me.

I just can't believe it. I know he had his struggles, but I didn't think he would ever ... I'm just so distraught about it. I know a lot of people are thinking about Aladdin and whatnot, but my mind keeps going back to Hook. I think I've seen Hook more times than any other Robin Williams movie ( I used to know the whole thing word for word ), and I have a huge spot in my heart for all things Peter Pan, and I'm just ... I don't think I'll be able to watch that movie again, at least for a few years.

It's just so sad.

17. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

When I first heard it yesterday, I prayed it was only hoax of a gross assumption. He was someone who brought joy to others. He was a trailblazer as a comedian and redefined all of the rules. He always brought his all to movies he was in, and he was always relevent in the media one way or another. It's a less funny world without him and he will be missed.

18. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Of course his movies are iconic. I only watched his stand up a few years back, and I was surprised how good he still was at 50-something and how over the top he was in situations. He talked about death in it, and getting old. God it seems strange that the energy of him is gone.

Death of the childhood for many. It's a strange feeling. A new type of loss to deal with.

19. cstar stay away from my waifu

Here in New England there's been a lot of chaos going on lately, and I had not been knowledgeable of most of it because I have been cut off from civilization for about three weeks. But Robin Williams dying was one of the few things that managed to get to me. I didn't know how he had died at first for about... three days. I was still really upset and it really had gotten to me, because I was raised on Robin Williams movies. But on Wednesday someone told me the cause of death, and I just couldn't stop crying.

I really hadn't know about his depression issues, I think I had missed that. But it's just heartbreaking that a man who's put so many smiles on his face... just couldn't really smile to himself in the end.

R.I.P. Robin Williams.