Square-Enix Rise of the Tomb Raider

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by libregkd, Aug 12, 2014.

1. libregkd -

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  2. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Glad it's only timed. I loved the last game, and of course am getting an Xbox One- but I want as many people to experience this series as possible.

3. Misty gimme kiss

I panicked a little when I heard "XO exclusive" but I'm glad it's just timed. I probably wouldn't be buying on release anyway, but I did really love the first one I'd naturally want to play this one. **** MS for the shady wording.

4. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

That's a bit harsh yo. It got cleared up. They didn't hold the info ransom or wait until after launch (Capcom + RE4). This happened with them before and Metal Gear Rising.

Anyway, glad I wasn't the only one who loved the original game. SU GOOD

5. libregkd -

6. Misty gimme kiss

This is what gets me about it:
    Saying it's "exclusive on Xbox One for Holiday 2015" is a fairly straightforward statement and one that at least hints at it being a timed exclusive. The quoted statement though makes it sound like they have no intentions of bringing Rise to the PS4 and PC, which we now know they are. Timed exclusives are a reality in the gaming market today and it doesn't bother me too much, but at least be upfront about it.

7. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I freaked out too and almost had a riot. I really enjoyed the first game, and I was not going to let this go only making it available on Xbox

8. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

It's cases like this that really show what some developers think about their customers. Throw some money at them and they'll slap their fans in the face, no bother. Pretty disappointed in CD for agreeing to this, but with some of SE's decisions in recent years it's not at all surprising. Still very disappointed in this xbone "exclusive", even if it is timed.

Call me petty, but I do hope game sales on the xbone bomb. It's really no way to treat fans of the series.

9. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

I am relieved, but If we lose Lara, we still got Drake

10. kitty_mckechnie I want to hug you like big fuzzy Siberian bear!

11. Fellangel Bichael May

I almost flipped a s*** when I heard about this. It's a relief it's only timed.

BUT

At least treat your fans with respect. Saying "Oh sorry you guys can't get the new Tomb Raider game, but don't worry! You still have the new and more polished version of our last game you already played! That totally means we're not abandoning the PS4 at all!" It was a slap to the fans' faces. Same when Don said for those who don't want the XBone, they can get a 360 instead. SE complained about their "lack of sales" for Tomb Raider when it actually sold fine. Companies need to treat their customers better.

12. libregkd -

13. Misty gimme kiss

14. libregkd -

15. Misty gimme kiss

why is jonah standing so close to her omg lol

The hood looks good to me, bear seems a little... off, but you're also not really getting up close and personal with the animals in this game (I hope). It's a weird thing to notice but I like that they seem to be varying her outfit in little ways, there are some with the hood up, some where she has a hat, etc. -- little things like that go a long way for me. Very curious as to what the (seemingly) glowing fluorescent light rod hanging off her pants is.

Do we know where these screens are coming from? Are they off the XBO or PC?

16. libregkd -

17. Misty gimme kiss

18. Misty gimme kiss

New E3 preview trailer:

Nothing really special or exciting shown.

19. libregkd -

20. libregkd -