rise against

Discussion in 'Music' started by Shinichi Izumi, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Shinichi Izumi Totally Pink and stuff

they are awesome just listen to this

[video=youtube;lC-jJln8058]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC-jJln8058[/video]

[video=youtube;rkPCb-uEjaI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkPCb-uEjaI[/video]

2. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

Love their older stuff.
    Appeal to Reason and onwards though...not so much. Didn't even bother with their newest album.

I mean I'm fine if you want to put your band's beliefs in a few songs per album, but AtR was pretty much just about what they believe in, whereas their older ones weren't as politically/socially oriented. That honestly turns me off of a band.
    I love pretty much everything from Revolutions per Minute, Sufferer & Witness, and Siren Song though. They're also incredible live, I saw them when they played at Bamboozle back in...2008 or 2009 I think.

3. Styx That's me inside your head.

I'm going to see them this year, for the second time. Their live gigs can only be described as awesome. I do agree that they spout their political views too often, but it doesn't affect my musical appreciation of them. Then again, I don't think I have even heard work from their newest album yet.

4. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I do really like their music, I have recently gained a lot of their stuff on my iPod as it keeps popping up everywhere. One of my favourite tracks has to be Injection I just love the beat and it's one of those songs that I can't get bored of.

I've also taken note of their lyrics and I really like them quite catchy, I've found myself singing them on a few occasions.

5. T3F Chaser

I have to admit, I discovered them through Guitar Hero, but it doesn't mean they're not awesome. I haven't listened to their new album yet, but everything f theirs I've listened to is pure awesomeness =)

6. Shinichi Izumi Totally Pink and stuff

you must tell me now! what guitar hero has them?!?!

7. Misty gimme kiss

I used to be a very big fan, I still enjoy their music but I don't listen to them nearly as often as I used to.

My favorite album changes, but I always come back to Revolutions Per Minute. Like the Angel is one of my favorite songs in the world, and even though the songs can get a little same-y sometimes I really love them. c:

The Unraveling is really excellent, it seems to get under-appreciated sometimes, but it's got some solid songs. Everchanging is excellent. <3 Siren Song is really good too, it's got the more catchy tunes but some it sounds a little washed out imo. Sufferer I'm not a huge fan of, a bit too emo. o: Appeal to Reason was okay too, nothing really stuck out to me though. Didn't listen to their last album.

I saw them in November of 2006, that was my first and only concert experience so I really have nothing to judge it against. o: Plus I was pretty young, haha.

8. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I love Rise Against. First discovered them Sophomore year when I met the new girl from Florida in class. Added her on myspace and Prayer of the Refugee was her profile song xD Fell in love instantly. I love all of their albums, but I don't know if I could pick a favorite. Either Sufferer and the Witness or Endgame, their newest. I love Endgame. I was so excited when I heard about it that my girlfriend surprised me with it when it came out xD Unlike other people, I love the political tone they take probably because I agree with their views.

9. Misty gimme kiss

I for the most part agree with their political views as well, and I'm fine with it being in some of their songs, but when it's the subject of every single one it just bothers me a little. :/

10. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    Well, that's punk rock in a nutshell. Punk tends to be a very bluntly political genre. Because of this, Rise Against's only view that bugs me is their support of PETA for various reasons that have nothing to do with sane animal rights activists.

That said, I just saw Rise Against at Summerfest the other day as they're one of two bands I like enough to see live at Summerfest this year (the other one is Sevendust, who will be playing on Friday) and they were pretty damn good.

11. Hayabusa Venomous

12. Shinichi Izumi Totally Pink and stuff

13. T3F Chaser

I just realised I never replied to this. Their song "Saviour" is in Warriors of Rock

Also YAY FOR THE NEW ALBUM COMING OUT! I'm actually pretty excited! I've been listening to their teaser trailers of it and it sounds pretty cool so yeah, bring it on

14. Shinichi Izumi Totally Pink and stuff

you're saying one of my favorite songs is playable in guitar hero? im so getting this game ASAP

15. Hayabusa Venomous

It was also DLC for Rock Band 2 & 3. Dunno if you can still buy it, since Harmonix don't support those games any longer (licenses expire and all)

16. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Not sure if you meant to link to the other Rise Against thread, but that's what you linked to. I was expecting an article or something? lol

Anyway, been listening to their new single and ohmygod, I love it. The way the tone changes for the chorus really hits it. Can't wait to hear the rest of their songs.

17. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

18. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Wow, I haven't properly listened to a new song from these guys in years! It's nice to hear some of their new stuff and this song is very enjoyable. I do love their distinct style and his voice because you can immediately identify the band and sometimes that isn't a good thing but I like it here.

19. parabola Destiny Islands Resident

Used to love this band when I was in my teens; Tim Mcllrath's voice is undeniably powerful. I still really enjoy Revolutions Per Minute and Sufferer & the Witness, but Endgame was just... bad. Lots of lame and unmemorable songwriting. This new single sounds even worse, just completely flaccid and lacking in motivation, like RA on autopilot. Hopefully they can turn it around and either go in a more experimental, Fugazi-like direction or go back to hardcore punk. This middling TRL crap will not do.

20. 61 No. B

oookay I'm listening to Appeal to Reason now and this is much better than I thought. Like, this may be up there with Sufferer for me now.

I thought the only songs I liked on here were Collapse and Savior, but having given the album another listen I have no idea what I was thinking last time I listened.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014