Kingdom Hearts III Returning ORIGINAL worlds?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Ars Nova, May 18, 2014.

1. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

We've all bickered for hours over which Disney worlds are gonna make the cut, but has anyone thought about which KH-exclusive worlds are gonna make a comeback? Any guesses on which parts of those worlds will make a return, or whether we'll get to see new areas (as with Traverse Town in KH3D)?

I for one would like to see every original world make an appearance... with the possible exception of Traverse Town, since it's questionable if it's actually still there or not. Castle Oblivion has an excuse to be there. Radiant Garden is a pretty safe bet, and I'll accept any excuse to return to Hollow Bastion proper. We've already seen Twilight Town, so we know that's in... I'd be interested to see The World that Never Was, simply because it's never been in a game where it wasn't one of the most important locales and it'd be kinda cool to just run around explorin' stuff. Will the Destiny Islands be playable, or just a set piece for the credits sequence? Who knows.

2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Destiny Islands will more than likely come back in some form or another. Excluding X, it's appeared in every Kingdom Hearts game as a part of the plot, plus we've got that nifty announcement trailer showing Sora there with Master Keeper...somehow. Castle Oblivion is in for sure—we have to wake Ventus up for the final 'Nort battle. Radiant Garden is pretty likely, as the home of a Princess of Heart and many an important side character (not just FF people, but also Merlin and several Organization members).

...Huh? What's that about Traverse Town? o.O

3. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

People acted like it was a temporary world, where non-corrupted remnants of destroyed worlds gathered and found refuge. Like a good version of End of the World. I thought the implication was that it dispersed after Sora restored the worlds and absolved the need for it. And if I'm not mistaken, in 3D , so that'd explain why it's there.

4. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Ah, I see. Here's what the KH wiki says, too:

5. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

That said, they could contrive a reason to bring it back; darkness is kind of making a comeback in a big way. But it still seems like it'd be out of the way plot-wise. Not that I don't wanna see it again, especially with the additions 3D made :F but I wouldn't want it just to have it.

6. Amaury Legendary Hero

I'd love to see Deep Jungle return, but we all know that won't happen because the idiot owners don't want to share their precious copyright.

7. cstar stay away from my waifu

Any world that isn't Wonderland. I know that sounds awful but I did not like Wonderland and I liked the rest of the worlds. I would love to see Atlantica without it involving musical number again... even if other people liked them that's how I feel about it.

8. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

I would like to see the Land of Departure because I felt that it was a great place for keyblade wielders. I could just see Sora walking through the Land of Departure with Mickey at his side.

9. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

No see, those are Disney worlds. I'm talking about stuff that originated in Kingdom Hearts.

10. Amaury Legendary Hero

In that case, Traverse Town because awesome.

11. cstar stay away from my waifu

Oh oops, for some reason I managed to read that entire thing and still thought you meant like, the original game.

I guess I would really love to see more of an exploration for Destiny Islands... I personally don't think I'd miss Traverse Town, but if it did come back I'd be happy to see it. The only world I think I wouldn't want to see back is The World That Never Was... I just don't think it has a point to be back.

12. Misty gimme kiss

Going to be like the fifth person to demand that Destiny Islands be explorable. We saw the islands part of it in Kingdom Hearts 2; it clearly has some kind of town that would be great to walk around. One of my favorite post-Kingdom Hearts 2 fanfics (it was started like right after KH2 came out) has the Heartless attack Destiny Islands, which I've always liked the idea of. In mythology the hero always needs to return to their homeland for some reason, it's a very symbolic and powerful plot element.

13. Plums Wakanda Forever

I definitely want to see Twilight Town come back. Assuming Roxas will be present in KH3 ('specially since Ven's heart helped to shape him), it would be nice seeing him be able to have a moment with Hayner, Pence, and Olette again (and I also like those three a lot, lol).

I would love for this to happen for that idea. The stakes have always been pretty high for Sora & co., but having an attack directly on their homeland (preferably near the end of the game!) would be a nice parallel to the KH1 Heartless invasion, and also hammer home that this is going to be the deciding moment, that this is the last beginning of their last battle against the Norts.

I would like this to happen too. When Aqua does wake up Ven from CO, I could definitely see her restoring the place at the end of the game and either her (or Riku) taking charge of some new Keyblade wielders in the end.

14. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

I actually touched on that in another thread, and how the "return" to Destiny Islands at the climax of KH1 was a strange sort of subversion, but this is what makes me wonder if we'll ever explore it or if it'll just end up in the last cutscene.

15. parabola Destiny Islands Resident

I'd like Destiny Islands to have some kind of greater meaning. Clearly, its name has cosmic implications, there was some kind of special door to darkness there, and it was interesting how Terra and Aqua wound up there without intending to. Sora picking up the Master Keeper in the trailer is a good sign. But I hope there's some tangible reason given for why keyblades or keyblade wielders are drawn/born there (I have a theory which probably doesn't belong here... or anywhere).

16. libregkd -

17. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

True, didn't think of that. And apparently , so that's a pretty good reason to do some exploring.

18. Antidote Façade

Destiny Islands. Seriously, don't bring it back as a cutscene-only world again. I want to be able to explore the original island from KHI and also the main island where the town is located.

Would also like to see more of the depths of Radiant Garden - it would be cool to have all of the new areas from BbS amalgamated with those from KHII and more. It would be huge.

19. A Zebra Chaser

but Sora has returned to Destiny Islands already, that kinda ruins the impact