Implemented Remove Double Post Merging In The Roleplay Arena

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by Aelin, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Aelin Best Waifu

Would it be possible to remove the merging of posts in the RPA. When making an opening thread, OOC, or posting a numerous characters, putting everything that needs to be put in one thread can look crowded. We could use the tab system but it still makes it over all easy and visible. I have tried putting each character in tabs as well as OOC's but I find that the coding can mess up sometimes if you add too much and in general it can be a bit of a pain in the butt.

By allowing double posts I could made separate spots in both the main thread and the ooc for things such as profiles, story, current day, time and weather, notices and updates, and so on. I have seen this implemented on another site and like the style, it keeps things more organized and looking neater. It also makes it easier to edit only one section. For example when I edit a profile in, I don't have to scroll through all the reserves, rules, plots, setting, updates and news, just to find the section I need to edit the profile into since it would be in it's own post.

I would ask you to please consider this for the sake of the active roleplay community.

2. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I don't really Role-Play much these days, but I used to have this problem with starting posts with my own RPs so...+1.

3. Glen Returned from the dead

If I'm understanding it correctly it would also help with the actual creation of a thread itself, as currently when creating a thread if you refresh the page the information is lost with no way to recover it. That, on top of the points already mentioned is why I am heavily in favour of this. Would love to see it implemented!

4. Amaury Legendary Hero

It should be automatically saving a draft every X seconds, X being whatever the option is set to here. You can also manually save a draft:

Draft.PNG

A small popup appears in the lower-right showing that the draft has been saved or deleted depending on what you choose. When automatically saving, that also appears.

5. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Draft saving is not a foolproof procedure, in my experience. There are plenty of times I've lost drafts.

Also +1ing this.

6. Glen Returned from the dead

No, what I meant is actually CREATING a thread. As the thread is not created, if you refresh the page there's nothing to go back to at all.

7. Aelin Best Waifu

For reference to what I am thinking could be done with ooc threads by removing double posting I made an example of what an ooc could look like on another thread with a little explanation to each section I would add.
    http://www.kh-flare.net/threads/roleplay-ooc-layout-example-thread-1.2458/
    When you put it all in one post the post end up looking clustered like so
    http://kh-vids.net/threads/forum-wars-civil-war-ooc-sign-ups.152292/
    On top of that you don't end up adding as much details because it becomes too much for one post, too much to look at. No one searching for a rp wants to read through all of it to see what is going on. You end up either having tabs for information sections and not doing so with the profiles, generally leaving those floating around in the ooc thread that get posted between conversation and hard to look back on.
    Or you have all the information in front of you in various spoilers but creating a really long looking introduction post, but you can add in profiles to it in order to make it easier for people to look at.

8. Blaine Destiny Islands Resident

Do me a favor, try a double post one more time in the role-playing section and let me know if it still merges the posts.

9. Aelin Best Waifu

It still merged my posts

10. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

libregkd tried to turn off or even lower the post merge threshold in specific sections and found that no section-specific changes worked.

11. Blaine Destiny Islands Resident

The issue is that the node permissions keep reverting back to the usergroup setting which is not what we want. We will get this resolved I promise.

12. Aelin Best Waifu

I am just wondering if this is still being looked into or not. Is it even possible to do given the last two posts say two different things? If not I can make do without, but I would like to know the likely hood so I can plan the way I create the ooc thread for my new rp around it.

13. libregkd -

So there are still a few problems with disabling double posts in the RP Arena completely and according to the developer of the Double Post Merge add-on we have, this is a known issue with the add-on. In the meantime it is now setup so that any post that is at least 350 characters in length will not be merged to an earlier post. This amount can be adjusted within reason, but I do feel it is a fair number to hit to prevent posts being merged. I am marking this thread as implemented as a solution has been reached for the time being.