Kingdom Hearts II Recently started lv 1 game, really hard!

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts Help' started by DanceWaterDance, Apr 3, 2014.

1. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

I recently started a lv 1 critical mode game, it's really hard! I died 3 times against Hayner (lol) and I'm currently stuck at the missions in the Land of Dragons. Any advice?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  2. Shuhbooty moon child

I believe eve this thread belongs somewhere else o:?

3. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

? It's KH2, so KH2 and KH2FM threads goes here, no?

4. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

Any help on the third door on timeless river? I really don't understand how you are supposed to do that. Those damn cars kill you in 2 hits, and then there are those flames

5. Amaury Legendary Hero

Stay back and use magic and Trinity Limit.

6. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

The problem is also the flames, or I'll end up killed by the cars or I lose because I don't destroy the flames in time

7. Shift Chaser

Trinity Limit and Ethers spam should make it a easy win, takes out flames as well as Heartless.

8. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

~Moved to Kingdom Hearts help as you are asking for help in the game.

The cars are really hard to kill until you have reflect magic (which you won't have in Timeless River) so other magic is your best bet, learn their movements so you can dodge the oncoming hit and when they stop charging then hit them with strings of combos until they begin their attack again, then move away as quickly as possible.

9. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

Except that when they got berserk hitting them is almost impossible as they are always attacking you. I guess that spam trinity limit and magic and stocking ethers is the only solution

10. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Yes, only hit them when they aren't berserk, sadly I think that only really happens at the start of the battle with them as when they start to charge they keep doing it so when that occurs move to a safe distance ans cast magic and trinity.

11. Amaury Legendary Hero

Guarding at just the right time when they're charging at you also really helps. When they're in berserk mode because their health has fallen low, they'll charge at you three times and then take a "breather." That is your chance to attack!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  12. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Yeah, unfortunately my two favorite ways to deal with them (Reflect and Wisdom Form) are obtained shortly after you leave.

I would say to set every spell so that it can't eat the last of your MP (except cure, because you can't) and spam whatever until it locks up. Then polish it off with the limit. Ether to repeat as necessary. It isn't a stable solution, but you can money grind elsewhere if you need it.

It should be possible with the guarding method above, but it can be easy to end up in guarding locks and run out of time.

13. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

You could also use Valor form, that's how I did it.

Also, I recently beat KH2 on Proud mode, since Critical mode is not available in the original release (I'm gonna assume that this will be remedied in 2.5 HD Remix), and I don't remember any of that being as difficult as you described. What level are you at?

14. Mixt The dude that does the thing

He's at level 1, as said in the title. Part of critical mode is that you get an ability that stops experience gaining. I've only managed to play with my level restricted to something like 2/3 of expected, but some people can make it through the game at level 1. That is what he is trying to do.

15. Glen Returned from the dead

Most enemies in the KH series, if not all, have a specific pattern of attacks. Pay attention, play cautiously, and avoid attacks/block when necessary. That should help, and it'll improve your chances quite a lot if you study your opponents first.

16. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Im gonna do my first lvl1 playthrough when 2.5 comes out. I never done it before

17. Cherry Berry Chaser

Power grinding usually does tend to help in any kind of situation, but it would be great do take notice of the patterns of boss battle spells and moves/skills used, and from there you'll hopefully know when to dodge/use trinity/summon magic etc. c:
    They're pretty predictable after a while uwu