Traditional Art Razzy's Woodworks

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by Razgriz Thirteen, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Razgriz Thirteen Traverse Town Homebody

So I got into woodworking about a year ago. It started since I had no money and no gifts for friends and family, so I had to be creative. Here's some of the things I've made, hope you guys like 'em. And tell me what you guys think! Constructive criticism is encouraged. :)

DSC_75512.JPG DSC_75522.JPG

These ones are modeled after the wand designs on Pottermore. Tried to stay as true to the art as I could, with the bends on the shaft and all.

DSC_75552.JPG

Now this one's based off Sirius Black's wand. It's not jet black like it should be, but it's made from Kamagong (no idea what the english name for it is, if there even is one), which is a pretty dark hardwood and I thought it looked great. :)

DSC_75542.JPG

This lovely one was a sort of team up with Dinny, she designed, I carved. :D

2. Sumi suicidé

These are absolutely gorgeous!! Where did you learn to carve like this? I'm super jealous.

3. Razgriz Thirteen Traverse Town Homebody

Thanks! Well I got pointers from my dad, but I mostly did it on my own. He has a little shed with tools so I had some things to work with. My Dremel drill is incredibly useful. :)

4. NightCrisis Twilight Town Denizen

Wow--awesome wand designs. I like the first and second one the best. The black wand is absolutely gorgeous.

5. Yozora Archer

Pretty cool knowing you made these, which makes me want to ask, how did you do it? We have wood shop over here, but Im interested in hearing from you.

Neato wood art dood

6. Razgriz Thirteen Traverse Town Homebody

Thanks a lot! Well my Dremel is like my best friend, couldn't do anything without it. XD It's this drill with different sorts of applications and stuff, most if not all the lines drilled downwards there were cut with it. I got the curves on the pottermore wands mostly with a knife so I could slowly etch out the proper shape, then fixed it up with the sanding band application for the Dremel. Got the two toned pottermore wand down with stain of course, oh and I use a block plane for some things, like the way Sirius Black wand angles down and comes to a point at the tip. A file for polishing some bits, sandpaper, then sanding sealer and satin varnish to finish it off. :)

The things I use work for me, but I've no proper training whatsoever so maybe there are other things more suitable? I really wouldn't know D:

And I've actually deviated from wandworks and explored other things, other fandoms. I think I'll post some soon!

7. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

Wow, those are absolutely fantastic! I especially like the Sirius Black wand. Those are all terrific, you are an excellent carver. If I were to see these in person, i'd more than likely believe they were real HP wands. Great job ^^

8. Razgriz Thirteen Traverse Town Homebody

Made a couple more things over the last two months or so ^__^ Been really busy with school so production slowed a little, but here, have a look!
    IMG_0116.JPG IMG_0117.JPG
    I don't suppose it needs any further introduction, right?
    19122012333.jpg
    A friend asked me to make Eleven's Sonic (Doctor Who) so I did. I think it could've turned out better .__.

9. T A F F Y シ Hollow Bastion Committee

These are incredible and beautifully carved! :''D​
    Wish I had one of them wands.​
    I have a friend who is into wood carving as well and I can tell how you made these.​
    Great job!​
    Takes alot of work and patience ^^/​

10. Razgriz Thirteen Traverse Town Homebody

Thanks! Heheh I love that you know how I made them. Does your friend use a Dremel too? I swear I wouldn't get anywhere without it I'd probably curl up and cry or something. HAHA

11. T A F F Y シ Hollow Bastion Committee

Yep, I always saw him working with that (he carried it around with him everywhere calling it his child xD) but he also had these other tools which were not really high tech but were probably the traditional tools for craving wood.​

12. Razgriz Thirteen Traverse Town Homebody

I'm married to my Dremel :') I actually need more practice using the more traditional tools and such. I'm sure they can help me make a fair bit of things I can't with the drill, just a little more mastery on the use is what I need I suppose.