Raury

Discussion in 'Music' started by Ty, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Ty Traverse Town Homebody

Raury is an experimental singer-songwriter who's basically popped up out of nowhere. He is only 18-years-old an already has the attention of major acts such as OutKast and Kid Cudi, whom he'll performing alongside at OutKast's show on September 27. His debut album, 'Indigo Child,' comes out tomorrow.

2. Misty gimme kiss

NO JOKE TY I WAS JUST ABOUT TO POST THIS THREAD

Just downloaded his album after falling in love with God's Whisper. I have to say, he chose the absolute coolest way to drop an album -- it's absolutely free, you just have to play a little game to unlock the download. Check it out here.

Really nice stuff, I agree with the frequent critique that it's a bit... messy, in that it jumps around a bit, but I think that's alright for a first release. He's definitely still finding a sound but it's pretty fun getting there.

3. Ty Traverse Town Homebody

I agree. It's a free debut album, and most in this genre aren't mind-blowing, but he's got some jams on this project. His future is bright and I'm really excited to see where he goes.

4. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

Raury is pretty cool, but I like the idea of him more than I actually like him.

What I like was the sound of God's Whisper and Cigarette Song, and SuperFly as well. Those were all cool to me. The rest of his album was eh, but he's young and still working on things. From what I heard he used to be just a straight up rapper so I'm guessing this direction is still a bit new for him. Also his skits needed to go. I loved the whole game thing with his album even though the **** was a ***** to beat for me (I don't game much). I'm all for innovative album roll outs like this, Beyonce's self titled surprise album, Yeezus, and Because The Internet. Music needs more of that. He also definitely has good video directors too, God's Whisper video was cray mane. Also he follows me on the tweeter so that makes me enjoy him a bit more too, but he needs to refine his skills, which I'm sure he will.