Digital Art Random Dump

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by Technic☆Kitty, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

I'm finally making one of these, mainly because I just discovered the wonders of Illustrator. This is just going to be a place to dump all my random work for reference and for you guys to look at. So, um ... yeah '^.^

So I made this in about thirty minutes (first time working with illustrator) and I thought it turned out really great. Feedback is appreciated.

Pinkie Vector 1 Before.png

Pinkie Vector 1.png

2. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

So I finally decided to start using the pen tool and I'm disappointed I've waited this long. The pen tool is amazing! I picked out an image so I could get a little practice. I chose that one in particular because I really wanted to see it in color. This is the result ...

heidi_lineart_trace.png

It took what seemed like forever. I actually left for several hours to come back and finish it later.

I also decided to start messing with Illustrator more and I'm disappointed ... Why doesn't it have a normal paint bucket tool? Seriously. I've never had so much trouble finding what I need in a program >.> Here's the result for that mess ...

pony-test.png

Take into account that was all done with a mouse and it means I'm slightly better than horrible. Through all the anger and frustration I actually had an epiphany ... All art tells a story. Some tell pieces, some tell wholes, but they all tell. Strangely enough it inspired me to do more in the art department, which I've been slacking. Maybe in a year I'll be able to figure out the stupid live paint bucket tool ... or maybe I'll just do lineart and use photoshop for the rest.

Anyway, feedback is appreciated. I'm particularly proud of these two works. The first one for my first time using the pen tool and the second for my first time free mousing a picture in Illustrator. Let me know where I messed up and how I could do better.

-Nights

3. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

Update: Here's two new pieces. Both were done in Illustrator, with a mouse, and neither were made with lineart. It took a total of roughly three hours for each one.

This first one was done with my own personal touch in place of show accuracy. I'm not that great on shading but for the style I decided to use it.

pony-test-2.png

The second one was a hassle. Illustrator kept crashing on me and I'd lose all kinds of progress. Quit crashing after I started saving after every line. Anyway, this one is closer to show accurate but still with my own personal touch. No shading.

sparks500x500.png

Both were designed in Illustrator, colored/shaded in Photoshop.

-Nights