No Thanks Raising the Rep Needed for Premium

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by reptar, Aug 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reptar REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

This might sound ******ed, I think we should raise it back to the old rep needed
    i mean so much people give rep like its the end of the world so should we?

2. SplitOverload Chaser

Uh. Make it 2000. It'll be easier that way.

3. Sexy Sheva Banned

I second this xD

but seriously, either raise it or make the post count higher o_O there's too many prems now

4. SplitOverload Chaser

i have 867 rep anyways. so i won't be premy.

5. Laurence_Fox Chaser

And then what, you'll be complaining that there will be too many premiums when those requirements are met. And then they'll be raised again. And then when those requirements are met, you'll be complaining again.

I honestly don't see the point.

6. Rosey Chaser

Well the site is just growing, obviously there are going to be more premiums.

If the premiums want another step up, maybe there should be a higher group above premium, below staff.

7. SplitOverload Chaser

uh no LF wut u talking about

2000 is high as ****. i dont think ill ever reach it XD

8. Rosey Chaser

Annnnnnnnnnd quoted for truth

9. Sexy Sheva Banned

i remember someone talking about "Platinums" once, maybe that?

10. Misty gimme kiss

Laurence is right in the aspect that there will always be too many Prem's. Also, what will happen to the newer members who want Prem? They're going to have to strive for insanely high standards that will just be jacked up because there were too many Prems a long time ago.

If you want to suggest Platinum members, make a topic plz.

11. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

Plat was already talked about a while back but I don't know what the rainbow brigade said about it.
    BTW, I'm cool with raising he rep needed. By all means, make me non-prem. Prem is the biggest disapointment since...since...since I don't know but you get my damn point.

12. Sabby Sleepy Panda Assassin

If anyone raises stuff for prem, Then I quit. K thx. KHI has like everyone prem.

13. SplitOverload Chaser

But KHI has more categories. GFX staff, a RPG staff and even RETIRED staff =\

After Premium, there is platinum. And as the sites expanding, that idea's looking nicer and nicer.

Premiumship was a big disappointment.

14. Haseo Knight of Light

Prems aren't really much different from normal members, are they?:huh: Only have custom usertitles and their own section that no one cares about. Well, and a different colored username.

15. SplitOverload Chaser

You get some advantages. But they aren't as good as people though.

16. cronoking Chaser

I dont think Prem reqs need to be raised any more. As it stands, they're high enough. Although I do think another user group would be cool sometime in the future. And that one could actually have advantages as opposed to just changing the limits to things.

17. Repliku Chaser

I do not think the Premium status requirements will be raised really from what they are now. However, there is discussion on making a Platinum level which would have higher requirements so we'll have to wait and see on what that turns out to be. It's being talked about so once things are made up I'm sure you guys will know about it. I can see why you say to raise the standards to Premium but this is just a forum and taking away people's premium status would be harsh. New people come in and older members leave etc so things cycle around any way. Hopefully the Platinum will help with things to keep things more 'color balanced' around here.

18. Chevalier Crystal Princess

What, should I stop posting so you can feel unique? I don't think so. KHV doesn't owe anyone anything, it was your decision to stay and become premium.

But as to my opinion, I think it's fine the way it is. Of course, since everyone wants to be higher than everyone else here then there's not much I can say, but a making a big deal over the premium thing is harsh....

19. Princess Luna Supreme Co-Ruler of Equestria

The only reason people think they are in need of a higher requirement for being premium or of a higher rank is merely because of the members who go nutso by posting in any and every thread that would give them post counts, not caring whether if their posts are meaningful or not...All that just to reach the requirements to get a pretty pink name, and because of that there are a LOT of spam in the threads...But that's not the point here. Really, it's not the fact that premiums hate being premiums, or hate the fact that there are way too many premiums. It's only because of the members who become premiums just for the sake of being of a higher rank than normal users, and not EARNING their premiumships like it was supposed to be. Making a rank higher than premium will only result in the same thing in future. Now we have way too many premiums, and then we'll have too many platinums or whatever. Then people will complain again about how there are too many platinums. I honestly don't see the point of yet another rank when it'll only be seen as another "goal" to whore your way into. However, if that's what everybody wants, then I've no say here anyway. Lastly, raising the requirements for reaching premiumship would be a good idea, but it'll just piss the people off, and it'll definitely take the post whoring to a whole new level.

20. Destiny's Force Mess with the best, lose like the rest...

Really, what would be the point in all of this? So what if it looks like there are too many Premiums? That just means that the people who reach that rank are active members of the forum. And Premiums are pretty much like regular members with just a bigger Inbox, Sig and Avy limit, a couple more User Name changes and the custom user title.

Raising the requirements screws the people who are either already Prem or the ones who are BARELY there. It's not being fair to them.

And seriously, there's already talk about changing the color of the Premium color. We change it, and then we get a Platinum rank? What's it going to be, Teal? Magenta? Bold and Green? Olive Yellow?

Like others said, the forum is just growing. And the more Premiums there are means that the forum is basically enough of a success for members to actually stay active in the community.

So, no the requirements are fine. Being forced to have 1000 posts AND the 100 rep is good enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.