Sony PSN - The current state

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠, Apr 26, 2011.

1. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

2. ShibuyaGato Transformation

This is scary... I use PSN a lot on a normal day... i just hope nobody's account gets stolen, though it will probably happen anyway... :(

3. Lite The Future

I knew I should've used fake info...

Seriously though, Sony should have prepped the PSN for this a while ago. I know, I'm repeating whats already been said, but it's true. At least I didn't have any credit card information on my account.

Hopefully this "better and stronger" PSN they are speaking about keeps stuff like this from happening...For a while, anyway.

4. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

Accounts are one thing.
    Credit Card numbers are another. They are obviously going for person gain now.

5. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

Question. Who are "they"? I've not been following anything about this PSN thing I've only heard speculation from people. Can you give me a brief summary of the whole PSN Downtime situation?

6. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

To be honest we are not really sure who they are exactly and it is NOT anonymous.

and here is what sony has to say about it
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/04/26/update-on-playstation-network-and-qriocity/

7. P Banned

lol. This is not going well for Sony at all. Personal details stolen, possibly credit card info.

Gives a nice contrast with Geohotz. Makes you wonder what he -could- have done if he'd wanted to. I wonder if Sony's going to back off from him for a while now?

8. Kubo Kingdom Keeper

@P: They agreed on some terms.... not sure what exactly, not much information has been given. I'd post a source if I could now, might do it tomorrow if noone has done it yet.

9. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

I thought they dropped the Geohot case all together

10. EvilMan_89 Code Master

the case with geohotz has been long over by the way. they banned him from ever hacking their products and if he's caught doing it, he could face prison time and get fined. i feel bad for anyone who actually donated for his legal fees, lol

anyways, with the topic on hand, that is very unfortunate. especially because i used all my real info when signing up because i did not foresee this happening. i hate these stupid hackers. stealing personal information, and causing the PSN to go offline.

11. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    Anonymous is a completely unorganized group that consists of 4Chan users, so its never Anonymous. Its likely a hacker that's a part of Anonymous as 4Chan is popular among black hats, but the group itself is not the cyber terrorist organization that they want you to think they are. If you use 4Chan, you're a part of Anonymous. The greatest extent of their organized activity consists of organizing protests against Scientology.

Anyway, this PSN fiasco is proof of Sony's complete lack of care toward their customers. If they actually cared, they'd have issued a statement much sooner than a week after the attack.

12. libregkd -

13. The Fuk? Dead

Credit information was probably stolen, they just don't want to say yes, or say no and try to cover it up. This is why I didn't put my credit card info on PSN. The only DLC I buy is disc based, or with codes.

14. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

I only ever use the PSN cards, so I'm not concerned about money. I'm just concerned (Like mopst people) about my account in general, despite my last time playing online properly was just after BOps came out.

15. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

16. libregkd -

17. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

They made a statement specifically saying that they are not to blame.
    And a video actually.

I know who anonymous is btw I used to lurk /b/ all the time.

I don't mind hacking to a point.
    Anonymous shutting down the playstation website for a few days to me is fine.
    Even having psn shut down for a week or two isn't as bad, but when i found out that "someone" is taking personal information like that, well they crossed the line.
    Sony should have seen this coming honestly, because of everything happening and it not slowing down. What confuses me is they go on a power rage because of their root key getting hacked, now I understand how important that is but if I was in their position I would be mad that most of my customers are hating me right now.

18. Kubo Kingdom Keeper

Sony's shares have falled due to this incident. Not feeling so great now huh Sony.

19. Jin うごかないで

I'm still not fully aware of what has happened..can someone elaborate..?

20. Lite The Future

Here's a quick version: Wedsnday last week PSN was shut down due to an "external intrusion". Sony notified everyone about it, but no info was given pertaining to Credit Card info or account info being compromised. A few days later, Sony notifies everyone that their info was in fact compromised. I think thats about it so far...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.