Kingdom Hearts II Proud Mode

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts Help' started by Amaury, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

I was thinking about going through Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts: Re:Chain of Memories, and Kingdom Hearts II on Proud Mode, but I thought I'd get some opinions so I don't get my ass completely handed to me.

Thanks in advance.

2. EvilMan_89 Code Master

it's really not that difficult, you'll be fine. it really doesn't feel that different besides losing more HP with each hit.

3. Plums Wakanda Forever

Pretty much this.

To stop taking so much damage, I would suggest getting better timing with blocking/Reflect, and also using items more when you need them (specifically Ethers and such for a constant supply of Mp when you need it).

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

not too bad. In KH just keep yourself a high enough level, in Re:CoM keep you cards at a good amount, and in KHII just keep blocking when needed. I hardly block though, I just basically attack and attack, before they can attack me at least

5. Amaury Legendary Hero

Tell that to Guard Armor and Trick Master, both who kicked my ass two or three times in the walkthrough that I did of Kingdom Hearts on Standard Mode.

Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts: Re:Chain of Memories are the I'm most concerned with in terms of Proud Mode difficulty.

I've actually done it before for KH and KH II, but I used cheats for max. stats to get through,

I'm not so concerned with KH II, as it seems relatively easier compared to the first game. The only bosses that gave me major problems were Demyx II (mostly when he did the 10 water clones in 10 seconds), Xaldin, and the final Xemnas.

Anyway, for KH and KH II, what abilities should I use and what abilities should Donald, Goofy, and the other allies have?

For Re:CoM, what cards should I get / have?

6. Iskandar King of Conquerors

well for me, All I did was make a deck for Sonic Blade, and then get 4 high Cures, some Fires, and maybe Blizzards, get 4 or 3 Cloud cards and you should be fine, because I never had a single problem with that. I made my deck so that I would always use Sonic blade every time I made a sleight, even after the first time, and with the Clouds they help when I was in a bit of a bind, and the Fires and Blizzards are for those that are weak to magic. Oh, I don't remember the skill, but there was also a skill that used like Stops and a keyblade, and when you used it you should take like a bunch of hits on the enemy. That's not very helpful, but you'll know when you get it. And I also made a point to focus a bit on the deck so I can have more cards, and work with HP, then Sleights last, because unless you really take the time, you might not get very important ones

7. Amaury Legendary Hero

Should I focus on increasing my HP on each level up?

8. Iskandar King of Conquerors

no, definately not. Because I tried doing that, and by the last battle, I was really struggling with the cards I could put in. If I had to say, do a 4/1 ratio for the deck to HP. Maybe more than that, because I found it a bit difficult even than to get the cards I needed because of the points they took

9. Amaury Legendary Hero

So, HP on one level up, CP on the next, and so on?

In other words, HP, CP, HP, CP, and onwards.

10. Iskandar King of Conquerors

no, CP, CP, CP, CP, HP. Something like that.
    If Sonic Blade is good because the cards you need for it can be around 7-8 a lot of the time, but make sure you level up the sleights so you can use Sonic Blade

11. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

with the stop and keyblades i think you talking about lethal flame. that is a really good sleight and the only reason i beat vexen. it uses stop, keyblade, keyblade

12. Amaury Legendary Hero

That's one thing I still don't understand, though.

Isn't more HP, in any game, always good?

13. Iskandar King of Conquerors

yes, but in this game, you have the choice, and I actually tried doing HP, CP, HP, CP, etc, and I ended up getting schooled early on. So I decided to change my tactic. Also, if you have enough cures, you'll be fine, even if your HP isn't high. The last time I played, my HP was maybe 60 or something, and I did just fine

14. Amaury Legendary Hero

Well, if it makes Proud Mode easier, then I guess I'll have to do that, haha.

I'll be going in order, though, so I'll have time to think of what else I'm going to do in Re:CoM before getting to it.

15. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

To be honest, KH2 especially, isn't that difficult even on Proud. My coping tactic was usually go up 5 levels between worlds so that I could have a load of levels under my belt so that enemies were a lot easier. However, this came at a timely cost and it got boring rather quickly. In KH2 I decided to just be 3 levels above the recommended boundary so it was still a challenge but I could do it with confidence (as levels always gave me confidence).

With the other games, I've just been learnnig and teaching myself how to evade each enemies attacks so I didn't take damage.

16. Te Deum Hollow Bastion Committee

KH2 on Proud Mode is a walk in the park.

Re: CoM on the other hand, is a pain in the ass. I didn't even get that far on easy/beginner.

17. Iskandar King of Conquerors

seriously? I'm not kidding, you should do what I did. It got pretty simple after getting the hand of it.

What I ended up doing was training Roxas in the Awakening place till he was something like lv7 or lv8 and I was always like 4 levels ahead, even without trying. Just fight every enemy that comes your way

18. P Banned

The KH series is generally easy enough, as you can always powerlevel and the like. It's only in Critical mode that it becomes difficult.

Oh, and RE/COM. That has the potential to be very difficult, as it relies on the levelling being handled in a certain way. It's easy to screw up and pump way too much into health, screwing you over permanently, as level grinding later on is incredibly time consuming.

19. Iskandar King of Conquerors

that's why the last time I played it I decided to just grind a little bit in Traverse town in the big room. Pretty helpful for a little while. And there's also the Dark room or whatever where it's only shadows, but you can get a lot of shadows

20. P Banned

The thing is, not even grinding helps if you keep picking the wrong thing to level up. In the end, you're just making it harder to level up what you really should be, so when you realise, "Hey, I need more CP", it's too late to easily get it, because you're a high level.

I always used a level-up guide for COM. Made everything so much easier. Had to restart my first attempt.