Police Shooting in Pasco, Washington

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Amaury, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

I'm not gonna pick a side or form full opinions until there's more information available and we have the whole story, but the guy had been throwing rocks at people; sometime after the police arrived, he assaulted two of the officers. They deployed their tasers and stun guns, but they had no effect, and the guy started running and would not listen to commands to get on the ground before being shot.

From the looks of the video in the source below, he was definitely getting ready to attack the officers. It looked like he was reaching for his waist, I'm not sure, but he definitely had something in his hand -- likely a rock, which can kill or severely injure people depending on various factors, such as size and force thrown at -- when he turned around with a threatening stance.

2. Amaury Legendary Hero

There are protests going on, which doesn't surprise me, but the residents of Pasco seem to be handling it in a mature and civilized manner. I haven't heard of any other protests in Washington nor of any rioting going on.

3. Amaury Legendary Hero

A family, which I assume was the homeless man's family, has sued the city of Pasco for $25 million.

• Source: CNN
    • Published: February 14, 2015