Anime Pokemon Sun and Moon

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by Shuhbooty, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Shuhbooty moon child

A few days ago, a Pokemon Sun and Moon official trailor was released.

As you can see, Ashe looks younger here then from the previous season of X&Y.

image.jpeg

The new series, is based around Ashe going back to school, with the hope of him actually finishing it in the Aloha region.

It will be aired in Japan, sometime in Novemeber. While the games will be released November 18, 2016.

2. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Wow, he really does look younger. Is that even possible? Though it looks like the art style changed a little again.
    Also, there's no way that kid is in High School, so how does he plan to finish? Or do they get to graduate early because they waste their years....or months in Ash's case, just traveling around? Though it's interesting how it's becoming more like a slice-of-life show with this new season than adventure.

3. CaptainMIG Gummi Ship Junkie

i can imagine that ash will end up like this:

4. Shuhbooty moon child

From the information given, it seems they want Ashe to have a "fresh start" and this time, he'll be attending school like all the other children. it said something alone the lines of "instead of Ashe traveling the regions, he'll stay in one spot to attend and finish school". So they made him younger on purpose and definitely changed the art style. I think a different team is producing this also, unless the quote I read was just a quote from the Anime Network.

5. Iskandar King of Conquerors

From the way you put it, it sounds more like a reboot of the series with him going to school in another region than anything.

6. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Ash isn't literally younger, lol. I think it's just as much a reboot as every other new region has been for the anime--just a soft reboot. Though I agree that the slice-of-life direction it seems to be going with could be really interesting. The writing for XY/XYZ is said to be the best in all of the Pokemon anime, so let's hope that that continues.

7. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

The kid who has traveled through 6 main regions, has ranked in all of their Pokèmon Leagues, saved the world from how many villainous teams and Legendary Pokèmon, experienced Pokèmon that most people don't even know exist responsible for the worlds creations and maintenance, time traveled, and caught countless Pokèmon is going back to Pokèmon school? Okay. Makes as much sense as his Pokèmon losing to starting trainers every region lol

8. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Having checked it out early due to curiosity (after not watching the show in more than a decade) I do feel that the XY series had a very, very promising start. Unfortunately, I felt the show veered right back into mediocrity after a while and stopped paying attention to it. And from what I heard of the outcome of the Kalos League in the anime, I am really glad I abandoned ship early and not end up being more disappointed than I already was. As far as I'm concerned, the anime for me ended a long time ago, and I have no desire to watch the Sun/Moon anime despite the admittedly interesting change to a slice of life direction.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016