Anime Pokemon Generations.

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by Shuhbooty, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Shuhbooty moon child

2 days ago, pokemon released an article and a short clip lettings us know they would be making a short anime called "Pokemon Generations" where the focus will be on the famous video game moments, throughout each generation.

Starting September 16, 2016 they will release the videos on their youtube channel ranging from 3-5 minutes long and end December 23, 2016.

You can watch the episodes here.

Read the article here.

2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

First two episodes are live!

3. Shuhbooty moon child

The opening for episode 1 gave me chills it's such a rush to hear and see that pokemon opening from the games!! And how they and literally picked out those moments throughout the games that I always wanted more info for! The Hoenn region at the weather institute and everything after that listed left me wondering why they couldn't give me more in the games! (i'm jumping up and down in my seat, christ)

EPISODE GOT ME SHOOOOK OMG! The details are so impressive, and I love how the used their pokemon in general. (like magonite unlocking the door, and machomp smashing the walls, and arcanine omg and that baby growlieth) I'm just in love with the details. -heavy breathing- I honestly, need more I need a full on series that are 30-60 minutes long!!!

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Okay, that was cool to watch. It's neat seeing that Red actually does travel further than Johto and meets all the legendary pokemon.
    And with episode two, it's cool seeing Looker actually do something, even if it isn't much. It just always seemed like he was one of those police who is said to have done a lot, but you never see anything. Though I guess in the anime he did. Even still, I guess now we know that he was active even in the first pokemon game, and it's cool knowing what happened after Giovanni gave the gym badge to Red.

5. Pinekaboo Chaser

6. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Okay, episode three was really good. Seeing how Blue beats the pokemon league with no effort actually makes him seem like a legitimately strong trainer, unlike the game where he just felt strong because he was the last in a gauntlet. Plus I guess when they say that he had only just become the champion when you beat him, they quite mean it. Oh well, that's his 15 minutes of fame done and over with.
    It was also nice seeing his reaction to being compared to Oak. He never really acted like he didn't want to be compared in the game, so that was a nice addition. [\spoiler]

7. Shuhbooty moon child

I was SOOOOOO looking forward to some killer pokemon battles, even just for Lance, honestly. I agree with @Iskandar Blue came off so strong here, then in the games. Where I felt that, in the game he was that kid who felt like he was in the shadows because of his rival (Red) and because of Oak. I'm in love with the style of the anime also, I wish they gave us more. :( But again, that was defiantly his "15min of Fame" and honestly I figured it was an easy challenge for Blue?? I mean even though he acted like he sucked in the game he was able to beat everyone before you did.

8. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Episode 4 is here with a pleasant surprise!

9. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Something about the animation of episode 4 seems different than the other 3 for some reason.
    Also, why does it feel like Lance does all the work in the episode compared to the game, where you do all the work?

10. Pinekaboo Chaser

Probably because in a game, just watching an NPC do all the work would be boring. And because if they involved Ethan more, they'd have to characterise him, which is something that the series has always tried to avoid doing to player characters.

11. Shuhbooty moon child

for the record Dragonite is my favorite POKEMKN and I always have him as a main during the game and competitions. So seeing how he came to life, with his emotions and how scary he looks made me so happy.

I loved how they also made the Team Rocket members walk. Because it's how they looked in the game when you battled them.

I do think it defeats the purpose here? Because the series is about the small "back story" or events during the games. And even tho DT is right, it still is a bummer how they made this episode, but happy over all too!

12. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

13. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

14. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

15. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

16. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

17. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

18. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

19. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!