Anime Pokémon X and Y Anime to begin October 17th

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by Hiro ✩, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Hiro ✩ Guardian

image.jpg

Source

Honestly, at first I was really skeptical, but I have decided to keep an open mind and give this anime a shot. Ash looks a bit older in this image, so hopefully the whole "he's still 10" thing will disappear. For me, as long as the Anime keeps doing what it does while Aging Ash, he can be a fairly good role model for little kids.

What do you guys think?

2. CaptainMIG Gummi Ship Junkie

yea and maybe he will actually become a badass
    [​IMG]

3. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Oh sure, jumping off cliffs, getting yourself captured time and again, being put in life-threatening situations that you probably would never survive in the real world....that's a great role model for kids XD.

I do admit though, he does look older, if not just because of the new clothes. Except for the hat, that seems to be one of the most normal looking clothes they've given him so far......Wait, did they already end the whole Team plasma thing in the show? That was fast.

I'm really wondering if they're going to release the game on the same day as the show

4. Hiro ✩ Guardian

And maybe you'll learn proper grammar :3

It's not even Ash's fault or the show creators. When they returned to Viridian City in the first season, he commented on how it had been an entire year since they first visited, making him 11.

Then in the Pikachu short before Pokémon 3, he was celebrating the 1 year anniversary of his meeting with Pikachu, making him at least 12.

When the Pokémon Company (a branch of Cartoon Network) took over, they dubbed him 10 in the first episode of Black and White. He's like 16-17 in Japan.

5. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Seriously? When are they gonna ditch Ash? I really wish more of these nameless protags got the spotlight. The best they ever get is becoming semi-recurring side characters, if even that, and that ain't fair. That and Ash tends to use the same teams over and over, which gets really dull to watch before long. And he continually throws them at things they're weak to, WHAT A SCRUBLORD.

6. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

They need to just reboot the entire pokemon anime with a good protag who actually trains his pokemon well and accomplishes things because Ash is a terrible character and trainer.

7. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Even if he is indeed 16-17 years old in Japan, I really doubt that will be the case for the Western dub (keeping him at 10, or whatever his age is in the dubbed anime right now). Like GhettoXemnas said, the anime really needs a reboot. Or if not a reboot, then at least switch to a character in the same universe who's met Ash before (personally, I'd love to watch the anime if Gary Oak was the new main protagonist). Bottom line, I doubt Ash will actually accomplish anything in this new season (if history's anything to go by), and I'd rather just stick to the games, at least until the anime goes back to the former glory it once was in its early days.

8. PirateNinjaHanyou Traverse Town Homebody

This.
    100% THIS.