Nintendo Pokémon Sun/Moon

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Meilin Lee, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

[​IMG]
    Already mentioned here, but I feel it deserves its own thread. Could Gen VII finally be here (it's been three years since Gen VI was announced, which is the average time set between new generations. Plus there was the Magearna reveal), or is Game Freak throwing us a curve ball and it ends up being a spinoff set in space?

Source

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  2. 61 No. B

i mean if they were just registered for tm today i doubt theyre the games being revealed tomorrow. i could be wrong, idk how this works, but we know that magearna was revealed with a connection to volcanion and that the new zygarde forms were released for the xyz anime, so im not ready to believe that we're not getting a z just yet. kalos holds a handful of mysteries still yet. that said, all of my gen vi speculation comes back to the guy in kalos hotels who gave you the strange souvenir and masuda saying that theyre trying to be unpredicatble this gen. my best hypothesis is that from here on the lines between gens start to blur. maybe z leads into sun/moon. maybe they all come out at the same time. idk. and lets not forget oras and hoopa stuff. its impossible to call at this point but all i can say for certain is that if z doesnt exist on any level i will be truly surprised and admittedly disappointed

3. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    They could be a second set of Gen VI games. A Gen VI.5, if you will. Introducing new Mega Evolutions is not unprecedented. As such, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect new Gen VI Pokemon, especially since the previous games can be updated to allow trading between them.

Another thing to note is that while trademarks for versions that never come isn't unheard of (Grey and DeltaEmerald were trademarked), this is the first time we've had logos to go with those trademarks.

4. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

The games have officially been announced! They will launch worldwide this holiday season, and be playable in nine different languages--English, Japanese, French, Spanish, German, Italian, and Korean, as well as Traditional and Simplified Chinese. They will, of course, also be compatible with Pokémon Bank.

Trailer below:

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  5. Cloud3514 Kingdom Keeper

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    It looks like we're looking at Gen VII. I'm OK with that. I'm a little disappointed we're not getting a Z version since I do think Kalos could be greatly improved with a third version expanding it, much like Unova did in Black and White 2.

6. 61 No. B

I think that trailer supports my idea before about how they're trying to blur the lines between generations. I don't think you can call this Gen VII and I hate the term Gen VI.5 so I think this is something totally unprecedented that will change the future of the franchise forever. Not giving up on Z.

7. Hayabusa Venomous

So....what da hell is gonna happen with Zygarde and its forms? No inclusion into Gen VI?

8. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

The official website says "new world, new Pokémon, and new adventures". Putting that with the way the trailer was framed, reviewing the debuts of all past generations before revealing Sun and Moon, it looks a whole lot like Gen VII to me.

9. Pinekaboo Chaser

It's been confirmed that Sun and Moon are an entirely new generation, with a new region and new Pokémon.

10. Iskandar King of Conquerors

We should just try to get another generation like the 2nd, where we can go back to a previous area and do the gyms again. That way they can make use of something like Kalos, which had plenty left that could be done, which never made use of it

11. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Just because it's a new generation doesn't mean we're completely done with Kalos. I'm hoping for something like how Gen II was a sequel to Gen I.

Though I just learned this, "generation" is a fan-made term, not an official one so them blurring the lines between gens like 61 says is entirely likely. Especially since the re-releases of RBY can transfer Pokemon to SM via Pokebank.

12. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

This month's CoroCoro magazine has confirmed that we'll start seeing new info on the game in April. Stay tuned!

13. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Footage of the game is coming on April 3 in a Japanese variety show! Two of the game's staff members will also be on to discuss the game. [x]

14. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Hopefully we get more improved graphics, or at the very least, another customized character. I was disappointed that we couldn't customize in ORAS, but I hope we can again this time. Also, for once since Generation IV, can we please get a region that doesn't have the cities spread out in a near circular pattern so the travel is incredibly boring and one sided. And maybe a team that doesn't a little more than Team Flare, because they didn't do much of anything.

If you can't tell, I had a slight issue with some things in X/Y.

15. Hayabusa Venomous

To be fair, none of the villain teams have been interesting since Gen IV, with Galactic and Flare being equally forgettable, and Plasma only being interesting until being revealed as complete hypocrites.

I do think character customization will return for sure, and I echo your wish for a non-circular region.

Also, I'm very happy that XY added Super Training, but I hope they make Reset Bags a LOT more common. Better yet, let us buy the bags we want. And bring back rematches with Gym Leaders too.

16. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I actually liked team Galactic, because outside of fighting both Aqua and Magma, they seemed to have the most amount of screen time, and they actually managed to do something with their plot, even if they were silly.

I'm not too much a fan of the super training, since it takes too much time as well. I found myself using hordes a lot more than the super training. It was neat being able to get evolution stones from it, but they never came when you needed them. And Gym rematches sounds lovely. Heck, not just gym rematches, but how about gym battles where they have more than 2 fricken pokemon or three. I have yet to see any gyms be of any interest since Generation II and Generation III

17. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

So it turns out what they meant by "never before seen TV footage" was the reveal trailer from the February Direct. Guess we'll have to wait for CoroCoro leaking to get news.

18. Pinekaboo Chaser

Honestly extremely disappointed, but should not have been surprised.
    The only other information we got is that there will be "More than 10" new Pokémon, which... isn't really information at all.

19. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

CoroCoro has leaked! And with it, the news that...the magazine will have a big scoop on the games next month. Sigh.

That being said, it does officially confirm that Magearna's typing is Steel/Fairy.

And here's...sort of the box art.

[​IMG]

20. Pinekaboo Chaser

And so we've been had again.
    This time I honestly was expecting more information. If the first reveals come next month, then that will only leave 4-6 months between that and the actual release of the game, depending on when during the "holiday season" they mean. That short of a wait is really unusual for Pokémon. If I remember rightly, X & Y's release came an entire year after the first trailer had aired, giving us our first looks at Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie.

I hope this isn't a sign that there isn't much to reveal. I definitely want more than 69 new non-event Pokémon. I understand that 7 generations of the game across 20 years is a lot, and that there comes a time when ideas aren't as plentiful, but this world has so many animals and other things that have never been used as inspiration for a Pokémon. Even ones that seem as though they would be obvious choices. It would be a shame if 70 or less became the standard from now on.