Question Photoshop brushes?

Discussion in 'Help' started by shmilo, Oct 2, 2009.

1. shmilo Traverse Town Homebody

i didnt know where else to put this so...bear in mind im a beginer at PS

ive been downloading theese c4d brushes things.
    so i get the file and put it in my desktop andit comes up as an ABR file
    (picture of a brush saying brushes underneath)
    and i double click the file and it opens photoshop elements 6.0 (the one i have downloaded)

so then i got to my brushes and start flicking through them.

i cant find them anywhere in my brushes? do they get put somewhere diffrent,do i have to do something first?

and also could someone please explain the diffrent types of photoshop
    i see people saying Cs4 and other stuff or are they all the same?

2. Misty gimme kiss

I'm not sure how to install brushes in Elements, but I do know about the versions.

Elements was basically made for quick photo editing. It has basic tools and is targeted towards people who take family photos and want to do things like fix the light, remove red-eye, etc. It's not really for signature making or heavy image editing. For that you'd want to go with regular Photoshop. The first real version of Photoshop I used was CS2 which I liked a lot, it had a easy and familiar interface and only took a week or so to adjust to. Right now I'm using CS4 but I'd only recommend that to someone very familiar with Photoshop. If you want/need to get older versions, I've heard Photoshop 7.0 or Photoshop 9.0 are the ways to go.

Keep in mind though that Photoshop is very expensive, and the only way to get it free is illegal. There are however great substitutes that are completely free. Gimp is probably the best of them. In my opinion it's not as good as Photoshop, but I think everyone should start out on it before they commit to Photoshop.