Persona 4: The Animation

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by jojoj13, Apr 16, 2011.

1. jojoj13 Hollow Bastion Committee

2. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

Very much want!
    Persona 4 was such a great game! Making an anime of it is a hell yes in my book!
    But I feel they should also make a Persona 3 anime if they are doing this.

3. StardustXtreme Chaser

Well, they'll probably have 12 or 24 episodes hopefully but persona Trinity Soul was it's own timeline with surprise cameo from Akihiko Sanada.

I wanna see what choices Souji would do naturally instead of us picking them, will he tick off King Moron? Will he form Social Links with every character and finally, will we see the Galactic Punt of Chie!?

4. K u r o g a n e Traverse Town Homebody

Hope we see the daily stops to that ramen shop and into the meat dimension . . .

I for one am very excited! Shoji Meguro composing music is . .it adds onto this amazing. * u *

5. C This silence is mine

It's a bit of a shame that the artstyle isn't as unique as the games tends to be, but I'm really rather looking forward to this. I started replaying Persona 4 not so long ago and I must say that it's still buckets of fun. What I'm most intrigued about is how they're gonna do the social links though, would be a kinda hard thing to do when you can't just decide randomly yourself. Either way I'm hyped.

6. Cherry Berry Chaser

Oh god now I really want to see if this turns into an animation. Loved the game and the plot's always awesome.
    The protagonist's new name is Yu :3

7. kingdom_hearts_loverXX Gummi Ship Junkie

Definitley going to see this, too bad I've never watch the first Persona anime, Trinity Soul, I heard it was quite good.

8. Cherry Berry Chaser

I've noticed since the beginning that there's a pattern in which the producers are cleverly releasing in chronological order the trailers. So the first trailer popped up round April, when the game initially begins, which is followed by seeing trailers directly related to different characters you meet on the way. If you know the date where the characters get trapped, that date you'll probably see another trailer :lolface:

Kanji's came up recently:

9. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

[video=youtube;3Ts_RJSDmNo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ts_RJSDmNo&feature=player_embedded[/video]

New trailer out O:

10. Styx That's me inside your head.

I rejoice at this. I never got the chance to play the game. Assuming that it plays more or less identically to its predecessor, I haven't been missing much gameplay-wise. I always felt that I missed out on a potentially great story though. I'll definitely watch this.

11. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Oh wow, this looks good! I have never played the game but it has caught my eye a few times. We'll have to see though if it will be a good anime. I'm hoping it won't be like the games turned into live action films, that would probably ruin it- but I talk only from experience.

12. Aura Goddess

I've never played the game, but I really want to. Became a really big fan of the games because of friends and I've really been wanting to play P4. I already know the basic storyline so I'm definitely going to be watching this. I kind of already know the characters too so hopefully the anime is good.

13. StardustXtreme Chaser

O.o Rise-chan! -thumbs up- Lookin' Good!

14. Ichiya_Yuka Merlin's Housekeeper

The way they put the graphics from the game (that face that crossed in the screen when they summon their persona) is a great idea. But I'm not really happy with the new protagonist's name...I like Seta Souji better. But, well, it's already decided.
    I'm waiting for Naoto to show up xDDD

15. C This silence is mine

Dayum this is looking so freaking awesome. I've never been hyped for an anime before, but now I am! Might just be because the game it's based on is one of my favourites of all time, but y'know, who's counting?

Well, the protagonist doesn't actually have a name, these names are just some suggestions as to what one could name him. They are not official in any way, therefore it would be wrong to call him the same name as was used in the manga, that would give a feel as to that they had given a nameless character some sort of official name. I could call him Charlie Tunoku and it would be just as official as Souji Seta or YuYu Hakasho.
    It makes perfect sense ™

16. Ichiya_Yuka Merlin's Housekeeper

Isn't Sogabe Shuji (persona 3&4 mangaka) an official illustrator and mangaka from atlus? Because his artworks are used for the game too...

17. C This silence is mine

... And? ._. I actually have no idea where you're going with that, even though he's official doesn't make his P4 Protag's anime name official, he doesn't have a name officially.

18. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

Technically the protagonist of P4 doesn't have an official name because he's suppose to be a blank slate for the player so they can kind of put themselves into the game and make him whoever they want him to be. This is reinforced by the fact that his Arcana is The Fool which represent infinite possibilities. Now this obviously wouldn't work for a TV show so they gave him a name and personality to make him more interesting. And quite the interesting name too in my opinion. Narukami can mean "lightning god" which Izanagi is aligned to in the game and it can also mean "To become a god" which makes sense if
    you consider his ultimate Persona and the mythology behind it.

Just making a little bump to post the new trailer that came out

[video=youtube;v3v-QP6MCAA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3v-QP6MCAA&feature=player_embedded[/video]

19. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

~bump~
    It's finally subbed guys. Just thought I'd let those of you who don't know... well, know. XD
    *goes to watch it now*

EDIT: I'm gonna wait a bit to watch it actually.
    The video has such a severe frame-skip. I dunno if it's intentional or the one who subbed it messed up or what. But I'm gonna wait for another sub to find out.

I noticed so far though that they use the exact same music from the game and the art is very true to the original (slight differences, but meh) From what I did see before deciding to wait, it seems very faithful to the game so far. XD And Nanako is so cute! :D

Personally, I'm impressed, and that is without having seen ALL of the first episode. So yeah.
    I'll add more later once watching it properly.

Meanwhile, an amusing image I found:
    [​IMG]

20. EvilMan_89 Code Master

i actually decided to check this out after seeing it on youtube last week. i'm not sure if i like using in-game music as part of the show, i really like the soundtrack but it feels weird with it in the anime. but i like that there is actually some fighting action, it's like Pokemon, except the trainer gets hurt :)