One Direction - Love or Hate?

Discussion in 'Music' started by MandyXRiku4ever, Apr 12, 2013.

1. MandyXRiku4ever Twilight Town Denizen

This is thread is about in which do either love or hate one direction and please do explain why you have these powerful feelings towards them.

If you do not hate them nor love them, you can also say you are neutral towards them. Also, if you don't have a passion like others do like for example you just don't like them or you do like them, then explain.

I will start:

I am neutral. Why? Because while I do appreciate their music, and their humor, I don't really care for their drama nor do I care for the fact that they encourage ten year old girls to fall for guys who are all in their late teens or earlier twenties. I also don't like the fact that their fan base has a hold on them as well too. They have to act a certain way to try to attract the younger crowd and also, 'directions' are like mosquitoes or bees. Constantly an annoyance. I'd like to think I was never like that but I was (N'SYNC) but I wasn't extreme because celebrities aren't Gods, they are people.

Just like you, and me. :)

Remember, play by the rules, and I wasn't sure if there was a One Direction thread....well remember, we are on here because it's fun!

2. Amaury Legendary Hero

I don't particularly like that they partake in the "sagging pants" trend -- at least it seems that they all do it and that it's intentional to me since it doesn't look like their pants are just simply too big for them or something -- but their music is pretty cool.

Put me on the positive side for the most part.

3. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

I'm neutral in this matter because when it comes to music it is the song lyrics that matter. A song can have awesome lyrics but be sung by the world's worst singer and I would still like the song. One direction has had some good songs so I don't mind them.

4. LARiA Twilight Town Denizen

I am neutral because I have heard maybe one song by them, and that has not been enough to spark an opinion. Generic pop. Generic boy band. What'm I missing?

5. Krowley Moderator

I actually recently watched a review on one of their songs, and he made a pretty valid point on what makes them unappealing. My distaste for them are summed up here.
    Also, whenever that "You don't know you're beautiful" song plays, I keep thinking it's going to transition into "Summer Nights" from Grease... Not a reason that I dislike them, just another thing that bothers me about them.

6. Hiro ✩ Guardian

They are a generic pop boy band. While i usually don't agree, they are good singers. Not enough for me to listen to them by request, but meh.

It's them crazy "Directioneers" I can't stand... some of them do crazy stuff >_>

7. 61 No. B

Why is "indifferent" not an option?

They're a modern boy-band so I won't be listening to their music though.

8. LARiA Twilight Town Denizen

It is an option. Neutral.

9. 61 No. B

I know, but the title doesn't say "love, hate, or neutral."

10. Razgriz Thirteen Traverse Town Homebody

Well, there's good and bad to them. Being the older brother of a Directioner, I see how they do need to keep up a certain image for their fans, but then again maybe that's exactly how they are anyway. Song messages are always top priority for me, so songs like One Thing and Little Things I appreciated quite a lot, the likes of Live While We're Young, not so much. And well, they do use their celebrity status to give back too so I respect that.
    They're an alright bunch of guys and sometimes I like them, sometimes I don't. So perhaps neutral?

11. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

I think I'm neutral. Their songs are ok, in my opinion. Some songs are good, but others I find a tad bit annoying. The thing that really annoys me though are the fans. The directioners, who treat them like they're gods, really annoy me.

12. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I think I dislike them because they are a popular boy band and, for some reason, my brain just turns against popular things of the time. This does change a lot but I've always got a sense from them that they just like doing this for the fame and being adored which isn't wrong per se I just don't like it. It could be because they also came from Britains got talent or X-factor (can't remember which) and I also dislike those programs for exploiting and making entertainment from people's dreams, nerves and misery (not exclusive to those 2 shows btw). They have also been shoved down my throat by various friends which has just pushed me away.

I can't deny that they are good singers and some of their songs are good but I just don't like them very much. I also have to agree with Krowley's post- I just don't like their intentions I suppose. I have nothing against people who like them though (who don't shove it down your throat) as it brings them happiness but I personally don't like them.

13. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I guess I'm neutral. I don't really have anything against them. It's the fans (I mean the extreme ones, not regular fans) that I have an issue with. Their actions remind me a lot of the Twihards.

14. xXHumanoidLoverXx Destiny Islands Resident

i like them. their songs are ok. but i dislike Directioners. sometimes they're kinda annoying

15. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

Hate the One Direction fangirls/fanboys. They talk and rant nonstop about One Direction...

16. xXHumanoidLoverXx Destiny Islands Resident

yeah & they always trend something on twitter which is annoying

17. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

The fans are only annoying in my opinion. Their songs are okay though. But on an unrelated side note, I will prefer My Chemical Romance or Tokio Hotel any day. :P

18. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

Personally i've only ever heard one song of theirs (that's what makes you beautiful), and i thought it was alright. Not particularly good or bad. So my opinion of them is somewhat neutral.

19. Hayabusa Venomous

I hate their music, not so much them, as I've yet to hear how they act or speak.

Reason I hate their music is the fact that they sing about romance in a way that says literally nothing deep about it: they take the matter of love, which can be such a complex and meaningful subject, and make it feel cheap and manufactured, an issue I have with a LOT of popular pop/R&B/hip-hop songs. Their lyrics are so bland, their vocalizations are nothing special, they lack a unique style (how many artists have done the young cute guys bollocks?), and they strike me as being more focused on their image and fan base instead of the actual content of their "music."

Also, I generally have a disdain for artists that focus almost exclusively on the vocalists rather then the entire group (who ever praises the people who make the instrumental backing for their songs? Not that even that stuff is good, but still.)

I don't care if people enjoy it, but these guys specifically have some of the most obnoxious and annoying fans in recent memory, that it makes it hard to even try seeing what's good about their music (which, in my explorations, is...I don't know)