Old story I thought I would share.

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Aelin, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Aelin Best Waifu

As the title said this is an older story I wrote but figured I would share it anyways. I will be posting it in pieces just because it is a bit lengthy for one post and I don't want to continue posting it if people don't want to read it. CnC is appreciated but please don't bother with grammar or spelling error, I honestly don't care and it isn't like I am using it for anything. It was just a summer project from a couple summers ago. So yeah I will post the first part and please comment if you want me to post more.

Chapter 1

Glancing around the vast barren dessert I could see dust sweeping past the giant sand dunes. I didn't know how far I have walked nor do I want to know; all I knew for sure was that I was hot, tired, and thirsty. In the distance I noticed surreal sight; a fresh water oasis lay about 100 meter straight ahead. I gathered the little energy I had left and sprinted towards it. As I gained distance, the water began to dissipate. It took me a minute to realize it was all just a moorage but it ended up being a minute too long. Before I could even stop running I collapsed into the hot dry sand.

I awoke to the strange but pleasant feeling of air-conditioning. I tried to open my eyes and look around but I was too tired and week to do so. After dozing off for about 5 minutes I had an itch. While attempting to scratch my itch I realized that my arms and legs were bound to a long metal table by leather straps. I open my eyes to see that I am in some sort of laboratory. Warm thin strings lay across my face. I figured out that there were probably wires attached to my head. My mind raced with questions like where am I and what am I doing here.

As I looked around the room memories started flooding back like a dam that had recently broke. I remembered that I was a prisoner slash lab-rat at an unknown location. I didn't know who the man that was holding me was. A tube inserted into my arm sent a tranquilizing drug through my body. They would remotely knock me out before approaching me to ensure that their identity was sealed. That was the reason I have never seen my captor.

Before the haze completely cleared I could feel the tranquilizer rush through the tube and into my body. Next thing I know I am in a white padded room; no wires, no needles. There was a Plate of food sitting on the ground in the middle of the room. The meal consisted of a plain bagel and a single slice of cantaloupe. I honestly wasn't able able to tell if this was suppose to be breakfast or dinner. It didn't matter anyways because this might be my only meal for a couple of days. All my meals were hand held because they feared that if they give me utensils that I might try to kill myself with them. The only other thing in my room was a sink and toilet. There was no windows not even a door from what I could see. I was their rat confined to my cage till it was time for another experiment. There was nothing to do in the room except sleep. So that is how I spent my days, sleeping when I'm not in a drug induced coma.

2. Hiro ✩ Guardian

I remember reading this a while back when you weren't sure you wanted to post it. It's as amazing as it was back then and I'm glad you decided to post it!

I literally don't recall asking you to change anything, and that still stands to this day. Good work.

3. Glen Returned from the dead

Hey look it's that story I read a little bit of when you showed me earlier. Read all of what you've got posted there, and it's something I would honestly like to read more of. Can't wait!

4. Aelin Best Waifu

Here is the next two chapter. In a couple more chapters the post will start getting long. Please comment if you want to read more

Chapter 2

I woke up the next morning in my same white jumpsuit and in the same white padded room. By this time I had lost count of the amount of days I've been here. It didn't help that I was in a coma half the time. Sometimes I just wanted to curl up in a ball and die; but of course they took every precision to make sure I can't. You can't starve yourself because if I tried they would insert a feeding tube. As far as I can tell I was the only prisoner here but who knows there might have been others. As I just sat around in my room I came up with a plan.

I knew that there had to be some sort of door somewhere in the room. So I examined every wall thoroughly looking for a crack or something indicating a door. I hadn't thought passed that point yet but I would. After a half an hour of searching I felt a slight change of fabric and a couple of bumps. There was a door behind the fabric but it was only accessible from the outside. Before I could finish my examination I heard a noise. Three small ceiling tiles detached into the roof, and they were replaced by circular nozzles with small holes throughout it. A brown smog leaked from the nozzles. I immediately realized that it was time more experiments.

Chapter 3

This time when I woke up I was in a small black room with banners hanging on a wall with Japanese writing on them. I figured that this might be a dojo. A young Japanese boy no older than 12 entered the room. Without saying word he handed be a long black stick and exited through the same door he came. I heard a deadbolt lock behind him, trapping me in the room.
    "Oh great" I thought. "What is it this time?" just as I finished that thought a rope swung down beside me. A ninja was sliding down the rope. As soon as he reached the ground he tried to punch me. I immediately block the punch. I didn't know that I was able to do that. A second ninja appeared and both the ninjas attacked at once. I was able to block both somehow. It came as a natural reaction, like I have been doing this all my life. My falter never gave me any extra powers before so I was unsure I this was a skill I somehow already knew or if they decided to give me this skill for now. Every time I block a ninja another one was added to the group. After there was about 15 ninjas in the room I started to question how long I could keep this up. After a blocked a couple more ninjas I fell to the ground in exhaustion. Before I knew it ten or more ninjas were on top of me.

I suddenly jerked awake; I was back in the lab. My arms and legs were bound to the table like usual, wires were attached to my head, and a small tranquilizing tube was in my arm. Nothing different here except that I could hear two voices drifting in from another room. It was a man and a woman's voice I heard and they seemed to be arguing. I couldn't make out what they were saying for the most part but I did hear them say something about the subject which I assumed was me. The only other words I heard were "wait he's awake,” then they tranquilized me again.

Next thing I know I was back in my room. A plate of toast with peanut butter and jam on it and an orange sat on the floor in front of me. I sat and ate my meal and thought through my escape plan. As I was going through my plan I started to thinking through my life. I had no friend or family, I lived alone in a one bedroom apartment with no pets, there was no one to miss me. The only person who crossed my mind was this girl Katia at work. She was the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. She had delicate features, ocean blue eyes and straight dark brown hair. She had the cutest smile I had ever seen, but she probably never noticed me much less miss me. On that note I decided to give up finding an escape I could learn to make this home I guess. So I went about my regular routine Which consisted of eating then sleeping.

I wasn't up for long before they gassed me in order to knock me out. This time were I woke up was the weirdest place I has ever woken up. I was in the lab. I couldn't tell if this was one of the places they sent me while in a coma or the real thing. A man strolled into the room. He was a tall clean-cut man with short combed back hair and he was in a lab coat.
    "Hello Alex " the man said. "I bet your wandering why you aren't in a coma? Well that's because I need you awake for his next test."
    "Why are you holding me here" I screamed at him.
    "Didn't your parents tell you that your family is special?"
    "My parents died when I was four." I responded.
    "But do you know how they died" he man spoke calmly back.
    "A car crash" I told him with a glare.
    "Wrong, they just told you that. Your family has extraordinary powers that I am yet to discover. Any way your family died from over use of their powers when saving the world. That is why I need you. We want to duplicate your powers, but first we need to know your limits."
    "That’s all a lie. You don't know me or my family. “I was screaming now.
    "Any way today we are testing our pain limit break." he replied
    "Doctor Carter" a young woman entered the room. I presumed that she was his assistant. "Are you ready?"
    "Yes" he replied. "Attach the wires. These wires" he turned to me and continues. "They send electric currents throughout you body. We are doing this test last because you may actually die during it." that comment changed my entire thinking, instead of staying here and treating it like my new home I needed to escape. I started yanking against the restraints but it was no use.
    "You don't want to make us to have to make you calm down with this new drug I invented do you?" despite the warning I continued to struggle. Doctor carter nodded at his assistant then she left the room. I continued to struggle and yank against my restraints but it was no use. The young woman reentered the room holding a syringe with a needle as long as my hand. The doctor to the syringe from her and was examining it.

"this drug I inject straight into your brain. It slows you brain activity to the point where you still have your five senses. You are able to hear, see, feel, smell, and taste but you aren't able to move." He moved the needle close to my temple getting ready to insert it into my head. Right before he plunged the needle into my head. I heard the door being thrown open and a man yell stop put your hands up.

5. Glen Returned from the dead

Really liking the descriptive wording of things in those chapters, still enjoying reading it. Want more!

6. Aelin Best Waifu

Chapter 4

I wasn't able to see the door but I could only assume it was the police. Then I heard my name, the voice that called my name wasn't the police officer the broke open the door. It was a female voice, a very familiar female voice. It was Katia. She ran up and hugged me then attempted to remove my restraints.
    "I looked everywhere for you." she said, her voice was shaky and it sounded like she was going to cry. She was about to continue when doctor Carter approached from behind and hit her in the head with the metal tray that was beside me that should have been holding his medical tools by now. She immediately passed out falling onto my chest. I heard a gun being shot I look over at the doctor he had no gun nor was he shot.

Doctor Carter scanned his lab trying to figure out where the bullet when we both heard a quiet groan he turned around to see his assistant collapsed on the ground clutching her chest. She had gotten shot. Doctor Carter ran to her side but there was little that he could do she died within seconds of him reaching her. Carter looked up from his faithful assistance dead limp body and looked straight at me with a flare of anger in his eye. He ran straight for me picking up the syringe on the way. He inserted it into my head pushed the plunger. The drugs work instantly. The police seem confused about what just happened. Before they could collect themselves and decide what to do he was gone. I heard a groan and could feel Katia stirring. She was beginning to wake up. The to policemen rushed over to make sure we were all right and they let doctor Carter escape. Katia stood up and continued undoing my restraints.

When she finally managed to get the restrains off she looked at me expecting me to sit up or a least say something but I couldn't I was completely immobilized. I heard one of the policemen take a step away an radio for an ambulance.
    "Please say something don't die on me Alex." a tear slowly ran down Katia's cheek and onto her chin where it feel to the cold metal table which lay. I looked at her and attempted to speak but I could not move my lips. I wanted to hug her and assure her that everything would be ok but I couldn't. I started to cry myself partly out of sympathy and party because I was humiliated.

In the distance I heard sirens from what I assume was the ambulance that the policeman called for. Two ambulance attendants came into the room one of which walked Katia out to the ambulance to examine the bump on her head. The other one walked over to me bent over and carefully picked up the needle. He gave it to the police officer who then placed it in an evidence bag. Next he stepped over to me and started listening to my heart. Next he listened to my lungs and then did a full over examination. Just as the ambulance attendant finished his examination, the other one entered with a stretcher. I could feel their warm gloved hands lifting me off the table and onto the stretcher. As they rushed me to the ambulance I heard footsteps running towards me, it was Katia. She stayed beside me even in the ambulance. I could hear the attendants mumbling they seemed baffled by the drug that Doctor Carter put in my brain. They had no idea what to do about it.
    "Excuse me Katia." One of the attendants said. "We are unable to identify the drug used on Alex so we decided to keep him overnight and keep constant watch to make sure nothing goes wrong. We are hoping it will wear off on its own but if not we will have to do some serious research in order to figure out how to cure him." Katia answered with a simple

"Ok." It was painful seeing Katia sad like this because was unable to help her at all. More than that I was the cause of her pain.