358/2 Days Oblivion or Oathkeeper?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by Loriah, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Loriah Banned

This has been bothering me quite a bit when I came to the middle of the ending of Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days when Roxas became dual blade Roxas and I was wondering--which of the two keyblades, Oblivion and Oathkeeper are the strongest. For my part, I think Oblivion is the strongest.

2. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I always assumed they were equal in strength

3. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

Well based upon what I remember from he games where Sora uses them I believe The Oblivion is stronger than Oathkeeper.

4. KHRocker8495 Destiny Islands Resident

Oathkeeper is more magic oriented, while oblivion is more strength based. Their supposed to be the embodiment of light and darkness and balance each other out.

5. Loriah Banned

Well--for my part, I saw Oblivion because--I don't know? It looks a lot cooler... :3
    [​IMG]

6. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Alright, I've been comparing their stats from khwiki.net, and here's what I got:

KH1: Oblivion- Strength (+11) / MP (-1)
    Oathkeeper- Strength (+9) / MP (+1)

verdict: Oblivion the better one for strength, Oathkeeper the better one for magic

KH2: Oblivion- Strength (+6) / Magic (+2)
    Oathkeeper- Strength (+3) / Magic (+3)

verdict: Oblivion the better one for strength, Oathkeeper the better one for magic

358/2 Days: too many stats, so I'm not gonna list them, but Oblivion is equal or greater than all of Oathkeeper's stats

Final verdict: Oblivion is better

7. KHRocker8495 Destiny Islands Resident

Depends on your fighting style. Me, being a magic user, actually prefered using oathkeeper over oblivion

8. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Now that I think about it, Oblivion and Oathkeeper not only symbolize the balance between light and dark, but also the balance between the usage of strength and magic

9. 61 No. B

I like the design of Oathkeeper more, but Oblivion is so much better for gameplay.

10. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

Oblivion's stronger, in my opinion, if you prefer just attacking, but if you like magic more, then Oathkeeper gives a better balance.

11. Loriah Banned

Well recently after I brought Zero Gear from the shop and equipped it with Ability Unit, I didn't actually find any difference between the two. I think that when Roxas wielded both of them, two of them were better for power than just one.