No Child left uncovered.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Rosey, Oct 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rosey Chaser

Here

President Bush just recently vetoed this bill and its properties. Why he wouldnt want poor children to have heath insurance?? I don't exactly know. But if he starts out with the no child left behind act for children, why isnt he accepting this bill??

Comments, arguments, critique...

2. Mirai King's Apprentice

I normally don't like Bush because he's just plain incopetant. But, this... I don't like him as a person now. All this because he doesn't want free health care?

What's wrong with free health care, anyway?

3. Inasuma "pumpkin"

Typical and completely predictable of Bush.

What a ******-****. Like Mirai said, I also dislike him as a person now.

If he had any drift of decency he'd allow free health insurance. It's not like it costs money anyway, our currency is practically worthless. -_-

4. Repliku Chaser

The reason is because it would jack the price up on cigarettes another 60 cents to a dollar for each pack and well, it won't be very productive as people are quitting smoking and also going to reservations etc to buy cigarettes to pay some less than they would have to at stores. Basically, a lot of people would -lose- money this way while other places that are tax free would make more by those who might want to continue smoking. Also the numbers of people who smoke drops each year.

Basically, it is not a well thought out bill, and if they wanted to do this bill, instead they could have just done it off of federal taxes instead so each person paid just a bit more, probably around 1 to 10 dollars for the year and then it would have covered the program, or raise some other national tax item tax that grosses more than cigarettes do so the price would be very minimal to change. I can see why he disproved it and well, people need to start thinking better about where money comes from instead of targeting one group that may not even last 5 years strongly. The bill to fund needs something stable to remove money from for 5 years. So as much as some people have a bias against smokers, it is not feasible to again dump the bill on them when already they pay for cancer research etc. Instead, it should be something regular that most people need so the cost is very cheap to say 5 cents to 10 cents increase on it instead federally.

If they would just think of another way to fund it easier, then I'm sure he would pass it. It wasn't thought out well. Also, the other reason he didn't vote it in is stupid. He doesn't want kids going to a 'government' hospital system but would rather people go to corporate operated hospitals. I would in a way rather see hospitals stop being so corporate because they have jacked prices ridiculously but oh well. I think if they just changed who funded the project, he could gripe all he wanted about 'where' the kids are getting treated. He is Mr. Corp but people would raise more of a stink if he had no other reasons at all to not pass it other than his wish to keep people stuck in the same programs that fail already.

[​IMG]

5. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

Money money money. That's all Republicans care about. Ironically out currency is practically worthless... Though Bush hasn't been TOO bad of a president (I mean come on, without oil, America's screwed), this is just wrong. **** him.

6. Mirai King's Apprentice

Err, that's not why Bush vetoed it. It was because he felt that it would federal healthcare. I do agree that it would make some people lose money. We should something like... ... I got nothin'.

But, yeah, he didn't veto it because he thought it wouldn't work well. He thought that it would TOO well (in his twisted mind).

Many in his own party are angry and urging him to reconsider.

7. Repliku Chaser

I did say that as part of it. It was both reasons basically but yes, probably more this one than the first. He wants to keep hospitals corporate, which is part of our problem in America with health care but Bush won't consider it. I brought up the other point too because it was a consideration as well that would harm another industry and if that was taken out of the options, the house and senate could revote that and remove the Veto power. He'd have no ground to stand on as to why it wasn't passed. Ah, well. Better to have sick kids and parents who are more broke. Good job, Bush!

[​IMG]

8. MasterNightmare Gummi Ship Junkie

i think he does that because he's greedy, selfish, and loves money, the love of money is the root of all evil... impeach bush.... he lied about the Hydrogen cars, what makes you think he'd better economy? it's gone down, not up, and isn't improving...our currency is virtually worthless.... he's just greedy, and loves to lie...the day a president doesn't lie, is the day i regain hope for the U.S.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.