Question Need some tips :D

Discussion in 'Help' started by ▪Jay▪, Apr 17, 2011.

1. ▪Jay▪ Banned

Hello guys (first post/thread btw), ive recently gotten intrested in graphic art but i just can't seem to get my project to stand out or fit what i want it to look like.

[​IMG]

Above is the image im working on. Ive got the base pretty much done but i need some tips on what i could do to make it look better such as lightening and layer effects. I am a noob so i still dont know how to make use of all the editing options photoshop gives you. I could really use some tips and guides on how i could improve my image above and overall abilities.

Thankyou.

2. Misty gimme kiss

Well it seems that you've mostly composed the background of splatter brushes, which is fine, but I think you could use a bit more umph to it, if you know what I mean. Have you tried using C4Ds/fractals? I think they could look nice in here; if I'm ever lost, that's usually what I play around with.
    If you don't have any, this guy has some godly packs: Greentunic on dA--contains download link & link to packs 1, 2, 3, and 4
    Try just putting them in on Screen or Lighten (or whatever else looks good!), erasing what you don't like, and so on.

Secondly, some color might be nice in here! You've got Sonic's blue, but the background is just plain black and white. Try adding a few adjustment layers to spruce things up a bit.

If you're new to Photoshop or sigmaking, tutorials will definitely help you.
    This one is excellent for both newcomers and experienced designers: A Guide to Photoshop & Sigmaking
    And we've got our own collection on KH-Vids; you can view a directory here: List of Tutorials