Audio My Soundcloud+A Special KHV Cover

Discussion in 'Production Studio' started by parabola, May 12, 2014.

1. parabola Destiny Islands Resident

Just wanted to plug my SoundCloud, which can be found at www.soundcloud.com/parabola1236. It's almost all originals, with a smattering of all kinds of genres, including my experiments with industrial metal my freshman year. I've also been working on an acoustic(ish) cover of "Sanctuary" which I just wanted to record and share here, if that's all right with y'all.

Without further ado:

2. Laplace TSUKI NO SHIHAI

Wow, pretty nice stuff.

My only complaint on all the songs I listened so far is that the vocals, they seem to be... Too unclear? I mean, the stuff you are pronouncing, I kinda know what you are prronouncing, but it could be more pronounced with more articulation on your mouth. Unless it's meant to be done on purpose. The vocals could also stand more clearly through the mix.

But maybe it's just me unable to appreciate this, really, it sounds beautiful, KIND of Led Zeppelin-like, but the vocals kinda ticks me off.

But really, it's really nice stuff, and you are on the right track with the guitar playing, so keep on composing!

3. parabola Destiny Islands Resident

Thank you so much; I've been meaning to comment on your thread as well, you're a production genius. I have no idea how you do it (no, literally, please tell me how haha)

I completely hear you as to the enunciation problem, that was a real problem that I think was symptomatic of my own lack of confidence in my voice. Here's a newer track which I think corrects the problem at least partway:

Last edited: May 12, 2014
  4. Laplace TSUKI NO SHIHAI

It's okay, you can still comment on it if you'd like.

How do I do it? I can't even play a guitar, but when it comes to catchy sounds I have heard a lot of amazing tracks, so I use "Inspirational tracks" and base them slightly off them, I also follow certain structures for my songs. But really the big secret is practice, practice, practice, I've had a year of musical composition behind before I started posting my own tracks.

I'm terrible at giving songs a constant "Mood" or "Feeling" though, but I base myself on my strengths and try to ignore the weaknesses.

For the voice thing, I feel you, I also had a severe lack of self-confidence in my voice, until I applied the above and learned my voice is very versatile for some things and a kind of jack-of-all-trades, you just need to know what your voice is good for.

If you'd like we can keep on talking about this on Soundcloud or PMs here. I still have a lot to learn but I like to share what I learned haha.

Like for example I struggle a lot with singable melodies, which is why 90% of my stuff is instrumental.

Also, that track sounds pretty good. c:

5. parabola Destiny Islands Resident

Just wanted to share another KH cover. I want to start posting stuff from the OST in this style as well.

6. parabola Destiny Islands Resident

7. Misty gimme kiss

I can't claim the sort of audio & musical skill that Laplace has, but I am really enjoying your KH-themed stuff! Will definitely have a look at the original stuff as well. You're a lovely guitar player, I do agree with Laplace that the vocals aren't quite on par with some of your instrumentation, but that will definitely improve as your grow more confident in your voice and singing in general. With All That I Am def has some Dylan to it, heh.

8. parabola Destiny Islands Resident

Thank you for checking out the page, and for the kind words! I love songwriting but I don't think I really have the voice to sing leads; I'm gonna try experimenting with multiple tracks so that I can give the vocals a fuller sound that might be more pleasant to listen to, but the next few projects I have lined up are all instrumentals (including some Yoko Shimomura covers).

9. Misty gimme kiss

Your KH instrumentals are really incredible so I'll be excited to hear more. Have you thought about collaborating with some people? I know we have some singers here and I'm sure they'd love to work with you, doing a duet of some sort or some other arrangement.

10. parabola Destiny Islands Resident

Thank you again. And yeah, a lot of the originals I have are just demos that I made as a reference for when I can actually get around to renting a booth (and getting my bandmate off his butt) and making an EP. Duets are a lot of fun, too. My policy is essentially that I'll collaborate with most anyone as long as I have the time and it doesn't involve Green Day.

Anyway, new instrumental cover:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  11. Laplace TSUKI NO SHIHAI

Question, would "Most anyone" include me? I've been wanting to do a collab with somebody but the somebody who I've been doing a collab went into a hiatus. :l

Also, I swear your music has a Led Zeppelin-like feeling in that is extremely soothing, your new cover that you just posted shows that.

12. parabola Destiny Islands Resident

I'm certainly no Jimmy Page, but I listened to a hell of a lot of Zeppelin in my formative years, that's for sure. In all seriousness, thanks for listening and commenting, etc.

13. parabola Destiny Islands Resident