PC My God, Half-life Alyx requires 12GB of Ram

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by nawasaky, Nov 25, 2019.

1. nawasaky Moogle Assistant

Valve has revealed the minimum configuration to play Half-life Alyx on PC is a 12GB Ram. This is causing many gamers to shake their heads.

[​IMG]

According to specs, PC gamers will at least need an Intel Core i5-7500 or AMD Ryzen 5 1600 with 12GB of RAM. Valve also lists NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 and AMD Radeon RX580 according to the game's minimum GPU requirements. Unfortunately, there is no information on whether the game will support low-end APIs like DirectX 12 or Vulkan. With this huge configuration level, many gamers probably will not experience the next generation of this legendary shooting series. This is clearly shown in the results of the quick survey below:

Only about 45% of Steam gamers surveyed have 12GB or more RAM.
    Only about 35% of gamers own a graphics card that qualifies 6GB VRAM.
    25% of gamers still own CPUs with less than 4 cores.
    Half-Life: Alyx is set for a 20-year period between Half-Life and Half-Life 2. The game will use the Source 2 Engine and will have a linear FPS campaign based on a single player storyline. The game will also use lots of physics and will include a physical player body.

There is no official release date yet, but Valve announces the game will be released in March 2020. More importantly, it will only be available for VR devices. You can see the game minimum requirements below:

CPU: Core i5-7500 / Ryzen 5 1600
    RAM: 12GB
    GRAPHICS: GTX 1060 / RX 580 - 6GB VRAM

2. tawhid Moogle Assistant

That's 100% my kind of game and I can't wait for the release.

3. avensis Merlin's Housekeeper

I can't wait to play this game too.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2022