More Details on KH3 Game & Watch-Style Minigames + Possible Return of Twilight Town Trio

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Meilin Lee, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Update:
    They released the trailer!

During the Kingdom Hearts Union X[cross] Fan Event currently taking place at the House of Blues in Anaheim, California, some details on 'Kingdom Hearts III' emerged, specifically in regards to the Game and Watch style minigame teased during D23 two months ago. It has been revealed that in addition to a Giantland-themed minigame, there will be over 20 Game & Watch minigames in KH3 inspired by old-school black and white Mickey Mouse shorts, and the attendees of this event were able to play some of those minigames:
    In addition to minigame news, there were reports from those in attendance that a KH3 cutscene related to the minigames was shown taking place in Twilight Town, with what appears to be the return of Hayner, Pence, and Olette with new outfits:
    The event is still ongoing, so we'll be sure to report any major news relating to 'Kingdom Hearts III' or 'Kingdom Hearts Union X[cross]' should they come.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2018
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Meilin Lee, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Mixt
      Mixt
      The trailer for this is now posted on YouTube.

2. gersomvs
      gersomvs
      And the graphics just keep looking better (mouth-watering)
    3. Ability King KK
      Ability King KK
      Well there was an official Mickey Mouse Game & Watch game, released October 9, 1981 and simply titled Mickey Mouse, where he had to catch eggs. That was probably the inspiration for these minigames.

Secondly, was confirmed how these minigames will work? Will they be their own world or will you have to find and collect the games during the adventure before you can play them?
    4. . : tale_wind
      . : tale_wind
      If I remember correctly from what I read while the event was still going, Sora's given the game console in Twilight Town, and you unlock minigames as you progress through the game.
    5. Krowley
      Krowley
      I like that even though we're getting all these pixar and new disney worlds, we still get a bit of the classic history.
      Also really like the twilight town trios' new clothes.
    6. Day~Dream
      Day~Dream
      Really glad to see Hayner, Pence, and Olette back. They look so good! I really hope to see Roxas interact with them once more.
    7. Ability King KK
      Ability King KK
      Okay, so it'll be like how 100 Acre Wood and Atlantica were handled in KHII then.
    8. Iskandar
      Iskandar
      I'm sure I won't be messing with this part of the game. I've never done any of the mini-games through the series unless it was 100 Acre Wood or Atlantica since they gave rare items
    9. just a casual Demyx fan
      just a casual Demyx fan
      oof, I usually -despise- mini-games... but if it's Twilight Town... that's a whole 'nother story XD If Twilight Town even shows it's face to be a playable location in ANY way, shape, or forme, even it is by mini-game... you can guarantee I'ma be spending 20+ hours there. guys, Twilight Town is baaackkkk!!! :D