Mom Arrested In Case Of Toddler Tortured By Hot Oil, Dryer

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Sexy Sheva, Jan 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sexy Sheva Banned

APOPKA, Fla. -- The mother of a 17-month-old child was arrested on Friday after her boyfriend was accused of pouring hot cooking oil on the boy and using a hair dryer to burn his skin off because he apparently would not stop crying and whining, Apopka police said.

[​IMG]

Marlita S. Stokes, 23, faces charges of child neglect and providing false information to police.

Stokes' boyfriend, Darlanne Toussaint, was charged on Thursday with felony attempted murder on suspicion he abused the boy in an Apopka apartment.

According to a charging affidavit, Toussaint poured hot cooking oil on the boy, shook him for 10 minutes and burned him with a blow dryer to the point that his skin fell off.

[​IMG]

"It is alarming to think that an individual can cause this type of harm to a human being, let along an infant of 17 months old," Apopka police Officer Steven Popp said.

Investigators said Toussaint abused the infant "because he was tired of his crying and whining."

"The majority of us officers have children, and it is hard for a case like this not to affect you emotionally," Popp said.

The child remains hospitalized in stable condition.

Toussaint was being held without bond at the Orange County Jail.

That is one of the worst things anyone could do to a small child. =/
    I feel so bad for that kid T^T

your thoughts?

2. Mish smiley day!

Ewww. That's ****ing sick.

Why would anyone even think of doing that to a toddler? What a nutcase.

I hope he gets life.

btw, this should probably be in Current Events.

3. .Kairi. Kingdom Keeper

What is wrong with them? That is just sick beyond belief. I hope the kid is ok.

Yeah, this should be in current events.

4. Stardust Chaser

There are no words to describe how much this sickens and overall pisses me off...=/ To think anybody would do something so terrible to someone so defenseless -- anyone at all, for that matter -- it's just disgusting.

5. Repliku Chaser

Wow, how lovely =:/

The woman must have just stood by and watched too if she was arrested. Some people are like that and are so co-dependent that they would watch something dreadful like that instead of beating the person down or running out of the house with the kid. Very tragic. I hope the child will be alright. There just isn't much to defend a person who would allow such a deed to happen. Of course, I truly hope the man gets some considerable time, as it seems the focus here more applies to the woman instead of the guy who actually did the crime. She's guilty of neglect and doing nothing but he's the one we should also have gotten more information on as he's the actual person who did the deed. Hope he gets some good time.

6. The Twin My, what a strange duet

That's just disguesting. How can you do that to a child? I'm pretty sure if a child starts crying, you're supposed to figure out what's wrong and correct it, not take it to extreme measures and punish the kid.

At least he's in stable condition...that is kinda good, right? i mean, it's better than critical, but it's safe to say he's going to be okay after a while.

7. Sexy Sheva Banned

I agree with Repliku =/

I wanted to know why they only posted a story on the mother, when it was her boyfriend causing the problems =[

I found this to be a very horrible case because my ex-step aunt sent me this and her mother thought that the boyfriend should be hanged 0.o

I hope that they will lock them both away as long as it takes for them to be there for making that poor toddler suffer =[

8. ♥AL90♥ Hollow Bastion Committee

Why is it about where I live? Where do you live?
    Yeah. The mom probably didn't help the kid. That's sad. It's like evil too. I can't believe that you could live with yourself after doing that. The poor baby...T_T

9. Solid Snake Kept you waiting, huh?

Yet another person who has bought a One-Way ticket to Hell -____-

10. Sexy Sheva Banned

Okay, I discussed this in class with my World Geo teacher because they were talking about how long ago blah blah people would be tortured, then I brought up how the small toddler was tortured and only one person in the class knew about that other than me, and she said that the Mother's boyfriend got sentenced life in jail and the mother was undecided at the moment.

11. Crumpet In your shadow, I can shine!

Omfg How Can You Do That To A 17 Month Baby

He'd Better Get Life

That's Sick

12. Sexy Sheva Banned

When I first heard about this, i knew i needed to find out what was going on, so I got the story and it really did break my heart to see what sort of man would do this to a 17 month old child D:

13. Gravity Chaser

That's horrible! I can't believe that guy was actually sick enough to do that to a baby...no matter how annoying they can be, they don't need to be tortured!

I can't help but wonder about the kid's skin when he/she grows up...

14. Hakurei Reimu Take my hand. And then I'll fly with you right up

Wow...That's just wrong. And we thought punching a baby is bad...

I hope they put that guy in his place...he deserves some time...

15. SoKuRi777 Destiny Islands Resident

they should execute that mother F@#$&R "Ciao"

16. Sexy Sheva Banned

to tell you the truth, they shouldn't do that, they should torture him like how he did that child and make him suffer the same fate

but sadly, the U.S government system forbids torture (which idk if thats a good or bad thing in this case b/c its bad that the child had to suffer, but the person who done it should suffer the same thing)

All in all, I do still believe that they have death sentences here. Like a poison they put in your bloodstream if you've done something terrible, but not even homicides are punished by that =/

17. XxRukiaKuchikixX Merlin's Housekeeper

Sorenara yatsu naore. (That guy is a disgrace(in Japanese))

18. 11jones2 Traverse Town Homebody

what sick and if he does go to hell hes going to be tourtured their

19. Sanda Kingdom Keeper

Homophone abuse D:

Um but yea, what has the world come to? That's just terrible; it's really good that they caught him before he had a chance to do even more harm. How can anyone torture something so pure? And talk about innocent! Babies just want loving, they don't know how to lie or cheat or steal yet...
    This is just so wrong :'P

20. Crumpet In your shadow, I can shine!

I do agree with you there... if someone does something wrong to another human they should suffer the same fate, though im not a fan of torture, but doing that to a 17 month BABY, well he should face the consequences of which you've put on someone else

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.