Kingdom Hearts II Meet Sepiroth again... and again

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts Help' started by steve999, Oct 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steve999 Moogle Assistant

I need some help on the fight with Sepiroth. I couldn't beat him even when I reached level 60. It's too late anyway, but in case I decide to buy the game used at Gamestop for around $20, does anyone have any tips?

2. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

erm...try getting to at least lvl 80. Use the trinity limit, make sure you have the glide ability, plenty of Potions. If you do not have these things, Sephiroth will make your Hp 1 and Mp 0 with his heartless angel attack. Good luck!

3. soras kingdom Merlin's Housekeeper

one you need to bee lvl 80 and above and max out all drive form abilities by geting them to lvl 7

ultima wepon
    last chance

if he turns purple and he flotes in the air use dubble jump ability from master form and attack him before you get oblitorated

ask me if you need any more tips

p.s. if you beat him you get braging rites

your welcome

4. Fallen-Serenity Merlin's Housekeeper

I must admit sephiroth literally hands me my *** everytime i try, i last tried at lvl 83 and i sucked comletely i was never able to do him on the first on 1 either isnt there an easier way to do it! i need to kill him for my mission lists so i cant leave it ARGH!

5. DarknessKingdom The Kingpin of the TV

You don't need to be LV 80, man. I beat him on LV 69. Make sure you alot of Hi-Potions and Ethers. You'll need Cure and Reflect, (I used Reflect for Sephiroth but you don't need to) to survive the battle. Use a Keyblade that does the best damage for you. I had Ultima Weapon.

By the way, Trinity Limit is a godsend.

6. Jiηx You're such a loser.

Twisting like a flame in a slow dance, baby.
    I did it level 65, Ultima weapon and 3 hi-potions and 3 elixers, saved my life, and of course Trinity limit saved my ***, also make sure you got Final Chance or your screwed.

7. DarknessKingdom The Kingpin of the TV

Dang, you beat him with less then 4 levels than mine. :p

Yeh, Final Chance. Try to have a decent defence, too. If you don't, you'll get slaughted and find yourself healing alot. Which can get really annoying.

8. Sorax SPAAAAAAACCCCCEEEEEEEEEE is a triumph.

okay.....this is how i beat him.....use oblivion, it's much better or decisive pumpkin........then since you need the growth abilities from the drive forms.....level up all until your reach it to a maximum.....then....equip the following:

all combo abilities
    all growth abilities
    all green labled abilities except:
    all magic boost....magic dsoesn't affect sephi
    beserk charge
    and negative combos

okay now for health preparations.....if you don't have any elixirs.....mega and hi potion is okay......ether is not much usefull as you really need to be fast.......use customize to use potion as a shortcut

now for the fight.....at first, the surroundings is all dark.....press triangle imiediately....now since ou have slide dash fastly lock on sephi and and attack quickly simple do combo's on him use upper slash (but note: use arial dodge as he can do serious damage in the air)......try and use retailing slash against him to counterattack against him

when reach ground as he will dissapear in air.....use guard on him and press attack to do a counterattack to stun for a second.....and simply do another combo on him......now he'll probably release black deadly orbs....when he get's near attack quickly....when the surrounding goes dark....use block and all the orbs will dissapear....repeat this until he realeases fire the will absorb you use quick run to easily dodge this fire...then he will dissapear and the surrounding go dark....block....do this same process....and when he raises in the air glowing red.....he will deplete your mp and hp, use your shortcut to use hi-potion to recharge health.....do the same process until he will realease meteor strikes at
    you use long jump and glide to dodge these......after that he will go beserk keep counterattacking to stun and end his combos and attack him....do this until he's dead....woot you won!

9. ryan9234 Traverse Town Homebody

I have a Sephiroth Boss Battle Guide, I'll post my guides on this site and make a new topic for boss battles and stuff soon but here is the Sephiroth Boss Battle guide:

Not all Bosses are like Sephiroth, he is both agile and strong and will easily kill you in a second, so be prepared. You should be at level 87 or above before fighting him, also make sure to have lots of item slots and fill Mega-Elixirs with in all of them. Sephiroth is at the Dark Depths, passed where the 1000 heartless battle was, I’m telling you now to save at the Crystal Fissure because you are going to need it, don’t say I didn’t worn you.

Once the battle begins press the triangle reaction command immediately. He hits you with a quick multiple hit attack which you can block with a Reaction here or sit there and get the crap beat of you. He does this many times so always be ready to hit triangle at a moment's notice as well with other reaction commands. As expected, it's devastating and can be outright lethal. The second he is done with this attack, move in and start attacking him and use many combos. Using a ground combo ending with Explosion it's possible to juggle him for a few seconds before he recovers and starts to attack again.

He will be teleporting around a lot, within close range of you. Don’t ever stop moving during the battle for anything. Try to keep a lock-on on him at all times. Like I said, he teleports a lot during the battle, so keep an eye on him at all times.

He has an extended melee combo that will do extreme damage and without Second
    Chance and Once More, you will be dead in less than a couple of seconds. He likes to teleport to you while doing this. You can use Guard and Counterguard against his melee attacks but your timing needs to be perfect. If you see the combo coming and feel you can pull it off, then go right ahead and use Guard. There's 2 parts to the combo so you would have to guard twice. This would actually take awhile to get use to and needs a lot of practice to accomplish. Alternatively, just jump out of the way, using Aerial Dodge. If you time it right, you can swoop back in at the right time as he is ending his combo and get in a combo of your own. Another way of avoiding this attack and retaliating is to use High Jump + Aerial Dodge to jump straight up into the air as he is coming in, then use Glide ability without moving so you float in the air. Once he is at the very end of his combo, drop down and unleash an air combo. If you are able to time it right, it works perfectly.

He has a ground combo that hits you into the air. If this happens, immediately (and I mean like lightning fast) press square for Retaliating Slash and mash X for a combo. If you're lucky, you can get off a nice string of hits.

If at any time you see him rise up and say "Descend, Heartless Angel!" you need to get close to him and up to him as soon as possible and hit he to interrupt (then lay into him with a combo while you can). That attack will drain all of your MP and take you to 1 HP. He can do this at least a couple times during the course of the battle; don’t say I didn’t warn you. But if you’re really stocked up on mega-elixirs then use it right after he casts the spell on you, but you have to be really good with your reflexes to pull it off since he attacks you right after he casts the spell so your timing has to be perfect.

Once you've managed to damage him, he will start using some more attacks in addition to his combo attacks, and around this time he is in the state that many like to call “Panic Modeâ€.

He has a sort of extreme fire spell, where walls of fire will erupt from he ground. They do a lot of damage and seem to have a gravity effect so they suck you in. Use Glide to try and get away from them and really just run in the opposite direction.

He can summon several balls of energy and when they get close start chain casting Reflega.

When he rises up and is covered in a purple aura while invincible that means he is in his final stage. He becomes a lot more difficult.

He will keep doing the above attacks, just a lot faster.

If you see him rise into the air and beyond the platform, take to the air and get as far away as you can. He will be casting meteor shower and it will come in at a descending angle from just beyond him. Being on the other end of the platform and gliding back and forth is a sure fine way to avoid this attack.

The best time to attack is while he is executing "Descend, Heartless Angel!" or right after his slashing attack which requires the Reaction command to avoid. Also, if you manage to get Retaliating slash off while he begins his combo which knocks you into the air, you can use that as a great time to damage him. If he uses his ground combo, jumping straight up and floating till it ends and then attacking is also great. It sounds simple but really it's not. The key is to be relentless; you have to take advantage of every single one of his weaknesses at all times.

In order to finish him off, you need to deal at least 2 finishing blows in brief succession or he will remain at 1 HP and be extremely aggressive. He seems to have some kind of Second Chance and Once More abilities. Targeting him and using Trinity Limit while he is on his last bar of health (or half bar) will finish the job for you.

Like any enemy he has weaknesses, exploit them at all costs. Otherwise, stay on your toes and keep moving. You don't want to get caught standing still. Be prepared at all times because he is a relentless attacker and if you aren't ready to deal with something, he will punish you for it.

10. kairi_namine__sora_roxas Traverse Town Homebody

Wow. O.O No matter how many times I try I still can't beat him...
    Even after following the guides...
    The farthest I got was he had like 8 lives left. :D
    Hmmmm....
    Maybe I should get double jump 1st...
    *ponders*

Anyways, good luck! Those loooong posts should really help ya!

11. Arc Kingdom Keeper

I was 56 on proud mode with kingdom key and i beat him no problem...

12. jacquelinenguyen1067541 Twilight Town Denizen

When you hear him say sin harvest try to attack him to make him stop.

13. Sorax SPAAAAAAACCCCCEEEEEEEEEE is a triumph.

double jump may help....most of the times at least, as sephiroth fights fast in air.......you'll have to air dodge and retalliatig atack to counterattack and evade some of his attacks in air.......

14. KingMickey Gummi Ship Junkie

I beat him on lvl 50 too with kingdom key. I played it str8 away on proud mode. Didnt bother with normal

15. sailorvenusownz Banned

thats not true, i killed him at level 61 with only maxed master and high jump level 1 quick run level 1 and glide level 1. you just need to keep your eye on reaction and attk(with def and str equment) i also killed him level 99 w/kingdom key.
    just get trinity limit and def and str equment. also get you reaction fingure ready or you'll die within seconds.-lots and lots a ethers and magic restoration is also needed alonge with hp stuff.-just keep trying you'll get him!

16. Cody Chaser

17. Axel Bloodburn Twilight Town Denizen

Stop posting that in all the Sephiroth help threads. That person is level 80-90, that's why it was so easy for them.

18. Cody Chaser

No....I have done that at a lower level myself...

19. Axel Bloodburn Twilight Town Denizen

Just because you did doesn't mean everyone else can.

20. C This silence is mine

First off, you need the following skills:

-All the ariel attacks (The attacks that expand your combos)
    -Guard
    -High Jump (You get High Jump when you turn lvl 4 for Valor)
    -The last chance thing (Sorry can't remember the name)
    -(OPTIONAL)Ground combo moves

I wouldn't fight Sephiroth untill you are at least lvl 50.

Alright now how to beat him...

First off, when you first start the battle you must always remember that he does that special attack. When he does this press "triangle" to block. After you block Sephiroth will pause. At this moment you want to attack him. After you get a combo on him he fade into darkness and teleport. Right as he does this hit "Square" over and over again (Square is guard). Somtimes Sephiroth will still hit you. Occasionaly when you get hit you will fly into the air. Sephiroth will keep teleporting when your in the air. What you want to do when he does this is hit square over and over to make a combo. After you take down four or five health bars Sephiroth gets new moves. One of the moves is he summons a whole bunch of dark balls that surround you in a circle. When this happens you want to attack the balls (Still be aware of Sephiroth). The next move is Sephiroth raises a whole bunch of fire. During this time you just want to run away but be aware that the first pulls you in. The next move is the most deadly. Sephiroth will float in the air and turn pink. When he does this you must try to attack him as fast as you can or else you will die. You won't die unless you put on the last chance thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.