Massive El Niño Growing in California

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Amaury, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

@libregkd

Well, California certainly needs it this upcoming winter. Maybe the rest of the West will get some of it, too.

Photos in the source link below.

2. Sara Tea Drinker

That's not a good sign for the east coast, though... Which is affected by the storm.

The last time this sort of thing happened, my state lost power in a massive ice storm for a month since it stalled and knocked out their power that long. A lot of kids missed school and all of Northern Maine basically shut down for a month because of how many people lost their power. It was debate on what to do with the schools since the kids literally missed a whole months worth of school.

It took 60,000 workers from five different states three months to give 325,000 people back their power. Google Ice Storm of 1998 Maine for more info.

http://bangorinfo.com/Focus/focus_ice_storm.html

Here's a small article about it.

3. Magick ~Meaner then my demons~

It seems like the east side of the continent has been taking the brunt of most of the weather, (global warming anyone?). I think the rest of the continent could use the snow and storms except for the east coast. New York took most of the north side's snow this year, and Canada has had some real problems with wildfires close to the border. Here's to hoping it gets better for everyone.

4. Amaury Legendary Hero