Television Marvel's Jessica Jones

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Boy Wonder, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Part 2 of Marvel's/Netflix's Defenders series:

[​IMG]
    Main Cast
    • Krysten Ritter as Jessica Jones - A former superhero suffering from PTSD who opens her own detective agencies, Alias Investigations. Jeph Loeb has described her as "based on a much more adult comic. The source material came that way. She has real problems with a number of things that she abuses! And we're not shying away from that. There's no tidying her up!" Showrunner Melissa Rosenberg says that Jones is much different than Daredevil and is just trying to pay rent, get the next client, and move on with her day as opposed to saving the city. She's "a brawler. She gets drunk, she gets pissed off and boom, you're down. She doesn't wear a costume. She doesn't have a mask. She's just who she is. She's an extremely blunt, direct person, and that applies to the action as well."
    • David Tennant as Kilgrave - A man from Jones' past whose reappearance shakes up her life. He's been compared to Fisk from Daredevil where sometimes you rooted for Matt Murdock, other times for Fisk, it'll be similar with Jessica and Kilgrave
    • Mike Colter as Luke Cage - A man with superhuman strength, unbreakable skin, and a mysterious past that Jones encounters in the course of an investigation who changes her life immensely. A "neighbourhood hero, very much linked to New York and Jessica Jones... darker, grittier, more tangible character than Iron Man or Thor.... He has these abilities, but he's not sure how and when to use them."
    • Rachael Taylor as Trish "Patsy" Walker - A former model and child star who is Jones's best friend and now works as a radio host.
    • Carrie-Anne Moss as Harper - An authoritative person and potentially powerful ally to Jones.
    Recurring cast includes Eka Darville as Malcome, Jones's neighbor with a personal journey intertwining with hers; Erin Moriarty as Hope, a client of Alias Investigations; and Wil Traval as an NYPD officer who's very serious about his job. Rosario Dawson will reprise her role from Daredevil as Claire Temple in a guest role.

All episodes will be released on Netflix on November 20th.
    1. AKA Ladies Night
    2. AKA Crush Syndrome
    3. AKA It's Called Whiskey
    4. AKA 99 Friends
    5. AKA The Sandwich Saved Me
    6. AKA You're a Winner
    7. AKA Top Shelf Perverts
    8. AKA WWJD?
    9. AKA Sin Bin
    10. AKA The Kumbaya Circle Jerk
    11. AKA I've got the Blues
    12. AKA Jewel and the Power Man
    13. AKA Smiles

2. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Two things on my mind with this show...

Will Jessica Jones get her powers similar to how she got them in the comic book, or will she be an Inhuman who got her powers from those Terrigen infected fish oil pills from the AoS S2 finale?

Also, considering this show went into production around the time the big Spider-Man deal was made between Marvel and Sony... is it possible we may finally get hints of the web crawler's presence in the MCU (especially since it was confirmed he would have started fighting crime around a year prior to 'Civil War')?

3. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

-I doubt she'll be an Inhuman since the AoS S2 finale feels too recent for Jones to have gained powers and retired in that amount of time. Plus, I feel like Marvel would make it more of a mystery of her figuring out what she is and AoS is, as of yet, staying away from the Defenders.

-I hope so! The chances of her and Peter Parker being classmates are extremely low, but maybe there'll be a mention about her "old high school" or she'll visit a school and there's a reference to Spider-Man's "urban legend" by the students or something.

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I think I might just watch this to see David Tennant as a "bad buy" to our "good girl". First we get Matt Smith as a fun bad guy, now David Tennant, let the fun continue. And yes, he played an evil guy in Harry Potter, but we didn't to see enough of his face for it to count.

Also, does this take place in the same continuity as Daredevil? If so, I might want to watch those 13 episodes soon

5. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Both series are part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and lead into the upcoming miniseries The Defenders.

6. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Same as Daredevil, Iron Man, Avengers, Agents of SHIELD, etc, but ties in most with Daredevil.
    It also takes place in the same area so where we might not see Matt or Daredevil, she might go to the same police station seen in Daredevil

7. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Notably, as stated in the OP, Rosario Dawson will be reprising her role from Daredevil in this series (and also in Luke Cage, incidentally).

8. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

New preview:

Is it me, or was that the same bar from 'Daredevil'?

9. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Another new preview:

Sorta reminds me of this Daredevil preview. Also, Avengers tower in the background!

10. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Awesome! I was wondering if they're going to include her flying!
    wonder what the chances of her office being in the same building as Nelson & Murdock?

11. Patman Bof

Apparently it' s not the exact same street :

12. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Marvel released a (canon) tie-in comic for free.[DOUBLEPOST=1444317986][/DOUBLEPOST]Another new preview, and this time, we get a clear voice of Tennant as Kilgrave:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  13. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Here's a nice looking poster that's been leaked:

[​IMG]

And just like the recent Daredevil poster, this poster will be available to NYCC attendees.

14. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

15. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

New poster featuring David Tennant as Kilgrave:

[​IMG]

Also, here's a new still featuring Jessica Jones and Kilgrave:

[​IMG]

16. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

New trailer:

17. Ghost King's Apprentice

This series was amazing, but it really messes with your head. At least it did for me. Anyway, the way they portrayed the relationship between Jessica and Trisha was one of my favorite parts. Not to mention it has some pretty funny quotable moments.