Graphic Novel Marvel: Original Sin

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ghost, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Ghost King's Apprentice

Holy mother of Marvel! Have any of you guys heard about this yet?! This is going to be so freaking amazing and will literally change the Marvel Universe!

Okay first here's the description Marvel gave:

Earth's Mightiest Heroes discover Uatu, the Watcher, dead on the moon, a murder mystery ensues that will reveal shocking secrets about every major Marvel character! Jason Aaron and Mike Deodato lead the Avengers, Spider-Man, the Hulk and many more on status-quo altering eight-past adventure!

There are going to be five issues in three months, two in June, two in July, and one in August. Apparently they're also going to be Deathlok back and he'll end up getting a new series.

Iron Man's Original Sin affects Hulk, the Fantastic Four's Original Sin could split the team. And Deadpool's Original Sin will also be revealed. The main two suspects are Captain America ans Spiderman.

Here's the link to the Original Sin Liveblog by Marvel.

Here's a list of characters involved:
    • Spider Man
    • Uatu The Watcher
    • Thor
    • Captain America
    • Daredevil
    • Wolverine
    • Deadpool
    • X-Men
    • Doctor Strange
    • Invaders
    • Fantastic Four
    • Guardians of the Galaxy
    • Hulk
    • Nova (Sam Alexander)
    • Iron Man
    • Nick Fury
    • Punisher

So yeah. Any thoughts?

2. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I haven't really followed any of Marvel's big events (I want to, but I'm the kind of guy that has to buy all related issues and tie-ins and even though that's easy for DC, I'm not that interested or well-versed in all of the Marvel characters to invest that kind of money.) Well, I've followed events, but not read them. Battle of the Atom is the only one I can think of, recently, even though I started Avengers vs. X-Men when I finally decided to keep up with more than one Marvel series aside from reading select issues here and there. Regardless, Original Sin seems very interesting. Really curious to see how Nova reacts to the Watcher's death (wonder if he's the one that finds the body).
    I have a feeling the X-Men issues are going to deal with Beast in some way considering he was just visited by Uatu in the latest All New X-Men special.
    The teaser of the Fantastic Four's Original Sin with Ben tearfully beating up a depowered Johnny hit me right in the heart. I really want to invest in those issues.

I can't say I'll keep up with this, but I definitely plan on buying some of the individual issues. That said, I'm wondering if the Watcher's death
    is suicide. Maybe he's tired of watching such horrible events and not being able to stop them? Maybe he's disgusted by everyone else?

3. Ghost King's Apprentice

I just found this
    "When the heroes find the Watcher's body on the moon, his eyes are gone. Nobody is sure initially what that means, but we learn that the Watcher's eyes are the secret to unlocking everything he has seen over the years. Whoever holds those eyes is able to basically explode a bomb full of secrets." - Jason Aaron

So if it was a suicide someone would have to have taken his eyes

There's also a lot more information here that I just found.

Nova's also one of the last people to see Uatu before he dies, but one of the big things that would also affect him in this event would be his father's original sin. I'm actually not reading any of Novas comics until I get 1-9 but I know about what's going on with him a little so this event is going to affect him a lot along with the rest of the marvel universe.

And I also found some news about it and the other characters it affects.

4. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I just read Original Sin #0 and it was really good.
    I mean, it focuses on Nova and Uatu and reveals Uatu's past (why he Watches. Not sure if it's ever been said before). There's a connection between the two of them that really pulls at the heartstrings.

5. Ghost King's Apprentice

Well this hapopened at C2E2

[​IMG]

Apparently Angela from Guardians of the Galaxy is Thor and Loki's sister and there is a tenth realm. I freaked out so much that everyone I live with know about this.

6. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Oh, that's who Angela is. I knew that Thor and Loki had a sister named that, but I had no idea it was that specific character. I've only read GotG's "Trial of Jean Grey" arc so I had no idea who she was.

7. 61 No. B

well.. from Spawn.

Okay. I kinda don't like what they're doing with Angela. I was hoping that she would become a permanent member of the Guardians but instead she's just been wandering around. It made perfect sense to keep her there since all of the members are something of outcasts. When she appeared in the book all signs pointed to her eventually joining the team, and then she only came back for a few issues. I never finished the Trial of Jean Grey so I don't know if she ever appeared again, but from what I have seen it doesn't appear she did. I could be wrong though. I really need to buy those issues when I get the money and #14 ooh baby. I suppose at least giving her a place to be is good, but I still don't like that that place isn't with the Guardians, whose roster is not something I'm overly fond of now. Mainly because Angels is not in it. And it made perfect sense to have her replace Tony, who was only a temporary member from the beginning.

So none of that had to do with Original Sin ha. I only have this to say on it.

I'm kinda curious. I'm not going to read it because money is the deciding factor of how much I read and I simply can't afford it. I do like that Sam is playing a big part in this apparently, though. I really like his Nova book and I think he's well deserving of being in the spotlight. They set up his relationship with the Watcher in one of the earlier issues of this volume so this has been a long time coming and will surely play a part in that book's, one of my favorites atm, future. I'll read it eventually.

Last edited: May 1, 2014
  8. Ghost King's Apprentice

I actually wish she stays with the Guardians too. Her and Gamora make the perfect team by the way. And I haven't read the Trial of Jean Gray (back on the money subject ha. And I totally didn't connect the whole Angela, Loki and Thor thing, but hey who cares right?

Nova is actually the only comic that I'm successfully keeping up with, I borrowed money haha (Still wanna read the new Ms. Marvel with Kamala Khan :( ) But Sam's relationship with Uatu really got to me. One of the parts I liked was when he totally dissed Robbie and Lance, if you know who they are, and Uatu got him to join the New Warriors. That was off topic but you caught my drift. I was totally giving backstory so it counted.

9. Ghost King's Apprentice

Wow, according to the rules I'm pretty sure I can double post. Based on some recent news and some random suspicions I've had for a while it's (wait for it)...... THEORY TIME!!!!!

So we know that Nova (Richard Rider), Starlord, and Thanos were all stuck in the Cancerverse but they all somehow got out except for Nova (assumed). I think that in Original Sin they are going to reveal that Starlord killed Nova to get out and Thanos saw a chance a followed him. God, I hope I'm wrong. I imagined it would be something like Nova found a way to get out and Starlord wanted to leave but Nova said no since Thanos would be able to get out too. Nova wouldn't budge and let him out so Starlord killed him. I know that it's reaching and I hope it's not true but you never know. And it also appears that the Guardians will break up because of the even't in Original Sin.

Annnndddd, that's my theory!

10. Ghost King's Apprentice

So this cover was shown on the Original Sin #2 liveblog.
    [​IMG]
    Guardians of the Galaxy (Original Sin) #19

If this is what I think it is, I totally called it.