Marvel or DC?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Radiowave, Mar 2, 2009.

?

Which?

1. Marvel

22 vote(s)
    71.0%
  2. DC

9 vote(s)
    29.0%
  1. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

Which group of stories/characters/etc do you like better? Personally I find Marvel characters more interesting, and I enjoy their stories more, with my favorite character being Spider-Man. Although I do enjoy the Watchmen and The Spirit, both from DC, they are pretty much the only heroes I enjoy reading/watching. The older DC heroes (Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern) -with exception to Batman- are all boring to me.

2. Finale Wannabe Nobody

Marvel, i grew up on them

3. Johnny Stooge Traverse Town Homebody

Are you kidding me? Green Lantern has probably been the best comic book I've read and has been so consistently ever since I started reading it in 2006.

Daredevil, Captain America, Invicible Iron Man and Thor are some of Marvel's best books (Amazing Spider-Man being one of the worst.) and I loved the Death of Captain America storyline and I am looking forward to the Return of the King in Daredevil, but Green Lantern has trumped every book for the three years I've been reading.

Rebirth, the Sinestro Corps War and now Blackest Night. Why do you think the mere mention of Green Lantern anything is enough to excite a room at Comic-Con.
    If you think Green Lantern is boring then your opinion is void.

That being said, I do prefer DC.
    I probably read more Marvel than DC at current, because I like a lot of their street level stuff. Daredevil is a very good, very underrated book because it doesn't treat Daredevil as a superhero. Same goes for Captain America.
    But I enjoy DC more because it's characters are larger than life and easily relatable. Not to mention the huge epic battles in DC are enough to make anyone jizz their pants.

4. Monday Moogle Assistant

Can't choose >.<

5. Snow Princess King's Apprentice

all i have to say is i love spiderman and i really think that makes marvel my favorite... XD

6. Johnny Bravo Chaser

Marvel all the way!!

7. daxma Hei Long: Unrivalled under the Heavens

it has to be DC without even a question

8. Tana_Panda Traverse Town Homebody

Spiderman!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Fayt-Harkwind Where yo curly mustache at?

Marvel, the characters are more in touch with real life people and they seem to have a better balance of power unlike Superman who is invincible to everything except a small green rock and a rabbit getting pulled out of a hat (magic).

I do like DC but I prefer Marvel, the best thing DC ever did was Batman in my opinon.

10. Darkcloud Word of advice: Let the wookie win. He's Chuck N

My all time favorite superheroes are Spiderman and the X-Men...you can imagine how excited I get when they team up. ^_^

11. Bond of Flame I'm an alien

Marvel of course. My favourite superheroes gotta be Spider-Man, Incredible Hulk and Ironman :)

12. KaiXIII Traverse Town Homebody

Marvel, I heard there's a guy who was bitted by a spider. <wonder who he is>

13. Pirateguywithapplepie Twilight Town Denizen

I like them both for different reasons. Marvel has some great street level (Immortal Iron Fist, Daredvil, Captain America) books, along with its cosmic books (Nova, Guardians of the Galaxy). DC has it's grand scale events and the best standard superhero books. I can't wait til' Battle for the Cowl and In Blackset Night. Final Crisis gets a lot of criticism, though I enjoyed it.

14. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

I guess I respect your opinion (what more can I say?)

The major turnoff for me for Green Lantern was the whole "being afraid of yellow" thing.

15. Pirateguywithapplepie Twilight Town Denizen

That stopped a while ago, actually.

16. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

As a whole though, only one of the Lanterns managed to overcome the weakness that had been around for 20+ years...

17. Johnny Stooge Traverse Town Homebody

Well the yellow weakness has been around ever since Green Lantern was reinvented in the 60's. But part of the Rebirth storyline explained that this weakness was because the living, physical embodiment of fear, Parallax, had been trapped within the central power battery and was thus able to affect it. (Yellow being the colour of fear.) And so Green Lantern's would need to be able to overcome great fear in order to use the ring, thus making them stronger.
    And then after Rebirth the yellow impurity was pretty much done away with.

So if that's all that annoyed you, then you have no reason to dislike the characters. And surely, if you only hate one Green Lantern, well there's so many out there, there has to be one you like.
    Stop into a Borders sometime and check out some of the books. Green Lantern mainly follows Hal Jordan, but the Green Lantern Corps book follows everything else, with focus on a few charaters.
    They are, honestly, very good books and I assure will change your opinion of the characters.

18. Senbonzakura Kageoshi Kingdom Keeper

i dont we can really compare the two. each have their own pros and cons. but if i had to decide id say marvel.

19. Repliku Chaser

I've always preferred Marvel in the end since they seem to me to have more interesting and down to earth characters that I can relate to more or they stir up some good mysteries and such. I do like some DC but mostly it has been Batman or the Vertigo comics under the DC label which are for more mature reading. DC always has seemed to just be out there and some of Marvel is too, but I just like more of the Marvel storylines and characters. My favorite comic company though is probably Darkhorse, or was. I haven't really been keeping up on comics in the last couple/few years.

20. Radiowave ITSA PIIINCH

Well I'm not here to be confrontational, I never hated the Green Lantern or anything like that, I said he/they were boring to me. I will try to give him a second chance though. (Once I find the money, lol)