No Thanks Live shout boxes

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by wakingleaf, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wakingleaf Traverse Town Homebody

I've seen this used a lot in other KH sites. One example is in kh-ultimate.com.

But with the mass amount of members here, I guess this'd need more than one for loading.

2. Rosey Chaser

We have the IRC chat. Sticked in the spam zone.

And this site would freeze with as many members as we do. It just wouldnt work O.o

3. wakingleaf Traverse Town Homebody

How about in different "zones"?

4. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

No, no no. Noooooooooooooooooooo. No, nonononono. Nnnnnnno. Nuuuuuu! We've had this suggested before, it sucks. The IRC chat and MSN are good enough.

~LOCKED~

Don't even PM me with objections, shout them out in the shoutbox... ohh wai-...

5. Rosey Chaser

Too much Server space.

Again...IRC Chat... >.>

6. Noise For Love and Justice

A Chat Room for KH-vids?

sorry if this idea has already been asked but here i go...

i think it would be neat if this site had a chat room were MEMBERS could go in and chat with other memeber...idk it sounds like a good idea...more bonding and such

i dont think it should be anything too specail just haveing 1 room (lobby) and the members names no pics ....this way its not that confusing to work with...

i think it would be fun

but if guys dont like its ...lol whatever xD

7. Rosey Chaser

Dont we have the IRC....?

Sticked thread in Spam zone >_>

But that is down right now <_<

8. C This silence is mine

There is already a chat room stickied in the spam zone...

9. Ratchet Bah weep graaagnah wheep ni ni bong!

10. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

We DID have one, the IRC (as mentioned above) though that isn't actually connected to the site in any way (as is so often emphasised when there are arguments).

Hmm so whilst there is the IRC, I think it would be nice to have an actual chat room FOR KHV that IS connected to and seen as part of the site. Another point being the number of members who don't like to use the IRC because of arguments etc etc (I wouldn't know because I never use it).

I actually think this could be worth looking at. I am sure there are a lot of members who would use it.

11. Roxas is Hot I'd lick his Sea Salt stick anytime. ♥

We already have a chatroom. T_T

12. cronoking Chaser

Well this is a site for kids, and the IRC would let people curse, potentially getting many people in trouble. Even the censors only block out 2-3 words. Too many arguaments would escalate in there. Plus the rep system would once again be screwed up because people would be repping due to things that happened in their as opposed to things that happen here.

13. ♥AL90♥ Hollow Bastion Committee

Why is it about where I live? Where do you live?
    I think that if we want to chat than we could use like Runescape or Endless online or habbo hotel (probably not habbo because that place sucks) but anyway yeah there are like a lot of chat rooms we can already use.

14. La Sofa ('_')-l3 No worries

We have one in the IRC. But its pretty stupid. It SHOULD be connected like this one site were its still on the site. But works almost the same. :/

15. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

That already happens because of the IRC as it is anyway, the rep system was whored in there and the IRC is responsible for several big arguments on the site. At least if there was an OFFICIAL KHV chat, it could be monitered better (because it would be an ACTUAL part of the site).

True I will admit I am prejudiced against the IRC channel that there is, and I do have my reasons for that, however, I do think a Chat Channel that is PART of and CONNECTED to the site, rather than being loosely associated with it, could be a benefit.

16. Laurence_Fox Chaser

There is the IRC room which is down I think. >>;

But I know Proboards has several options for on-site chatting. I don't see why vB should be any different. It could bring the members closer together but it could also create rifts.

I'm neutral.

17. Soushirei 運命の欠片

The IRC channel's been up for days. =\

Anyway, I was the one who suggested it a few months back but didn't really get good reception, so I started my own via IRC--thus why the channel isn't officially associated with the site/forum.

The only really good way to have the chat you want is to get a Java applet plugged directly onto the forum interface. That requires DS' time and effort, so until you can get him to devote time to make that happen, probably won't be happening anytime soon.

18. Noise For Love and Justice

ah ha ahahahaha i didnt know... -_-' i feel stupid now...but yea! im happy there is one...thanks guys!!

19. Cia (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧*.✧

Well, this is done with...

(-locked-)

20. Mish smiley day!

Well, like they said, it's not an official chatroom.

Whether a chatroom will be actually added to KHV in the future is uncertain, but most likely not. n_______n

-closed-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.