listenings

Discussion in 'Music' started by 61, May 10, 2016.

1. 61 No. B

lazy title bc creative juices aint flowin atm

cuttin this short - i started walking again because i need some way to keep my fabulous body (lol) in shape since i wont be walking around campus during summer. since walking is boring ill be listening to a backlog of music ive been meaning to get to. it works out to about 1 album per day. the past two days I listened to Californication and By the Way by Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Basically the point of this thread is post what new music youve been listening to recently and what you think about it. i get a lot of people consume music passively, and not to sound pretentious, but i like listening to music the same way that i read or watch things. calculated and religiously. with an album being the base unit of audible art, not the single. obv this isnt the only way i listen, but you get the point hopefully.

so to get things started.
    I loved Californication. It's brilliant. It's the first RHCP album ive listened to from front to back rather than select songs here and there.

By the Way was pretty boring. I like funky RHCP and By the Way is mostly long drawn out mellow songs. If youre into that thing I guess its good but I didn't enjoy it. I liked the By the Way and Can't Stop and that's about it.

if theres a thread already exactly like this delete this or merge it or something idgaf