Anime List your top 5 animes

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by Sadden Blood Warrior, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Sadden Blood Warrior Lost in the mind! Help help me god!!!!! Their afte

Exactly what the title states... What is your top 5 anime and give reasons to support your answer..

1.) Dragonball Z - Omg, I just love this anime. I remember staying up till midnight when I was younger just to watch it with my dad. He loved it just as much as I did. Even though he has lost interest in these days of his old age, I still love it as much as I used to when I was younger. The Cell saga was my favorite saga, and Gohan from that saga is my favorite. Altogether, just a great anime.

2.) Death Note - The reason why I chose this is because, well first it has an original story, I mean come on who else has used an idea like this before? Plus, the characters are pretty unique.

3.) Clannad - Very Very good anime, Has it's funny momments, has it's sad momments, and it's just the type of calm anime everyone would need once in a while.

4.) Popotan - Man this anime is freaking funny!!!!! I can catch my self laughing at this show way too much. It's unique, I mean what other anime can you catch people talking to flowers?!?!? Lolz, I don't know it's just good.

5.) He Is My Master - Just to point this out real quick, I AM NOT A F**KING PERVERT!!!!!. I just think it's really good, the story is actually pretty confusing, but it makes up for it by having those perverted but funny as hell scenes. Poor poor, Yoshita.

Other animes that I love that Isn't on the list is

Bleach
    Naruto
    Blood +
    TrinityBlood
    Inuyasha
    Ghost in the Shell
    Tales of the Abyss
    Yu Yu Hakasho
    Pokemon
    Yu-Gi-Oh
    Shin Chan
    Hamtaro
    .hack // Legend of the Twilight Bracelet
    Azumanga Daioh
    Chobits

And thats just a small list of the other animes I like.

2. Sanya Orussia’s 586th Fighter Regiment

Not in any particular order...

1. Claymore: Amazing series that desperately needs a second season. Claymore is about the only series where I had to keep watching it to find out what happens next, each and every one of those 26 episodes were great. It does have a lot of blood, but hey... when you have battles as awesome as those you need blood, lol.

2. Serial Expermients Lain: = Can't really explain it, it's just good.

3. Black Lagoon: This series was just awesome, there's no other way to say it. If you are into underground gang/mafia fights and gun battles, this is the show for you. Has a good story, funny characters, everything.

4. Death Note: As overrated as it is, you can't help but pick Death Note apart from other animes in terms of originality and power struggles. The story does give everyone something to think about, though I had to say the ending was pretty predictable.

5. Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~: As much as I hate beetrain, they did a good job with this anime. I think of all the animes I've listed this one will mess with your head the most, what it's like once you've killed your first person as an assassin and how killing becomes second nature to someone. It may bug you, it may not. The ending was pretty reasonable for this one, it's pretty much how you would have wanted it. Has good characters though, similar to Black Lagoon.

Other good animes: Chobits, Hellsing, Jigoku Shoujo, FLCL and Full Metal Alchemist.

Story wasn't that confusing lol, but yeah it was a pretty funny series.

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  3. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

1. Mushi-Shi ~ This is ultimately the most unique anime I have ever seen. If there was an anime therapy series, this is it. It is so unbelievably calming, it feels like I just meditated after watching every episode. I'm not exaggerating. I very highly recommend it. It makes me cry every other episode. I really love that every episode is its own story, you don't necessarily need to watch it in order (or at least as far as I know, I haven't finished all of the epis yet). You can find the English sub on YouTube. FUNimation's channel used to have the English dub, but they took it down when I was about 6 or 7 episodes in.

2. Wolf's Rain ~ I LOVE the storyline and the concept, and I LOVE the characters. The goodies and the badies.

3. The Wallflower (aka Perfect Girl Evolution) ~ This is the most adorable anime I have ever seen. Again: unique. It's easy to follow, it's not like "OMG WTH IS HAPPENING". It's so cute. And it made me cry. :=D:

4. Fullmetal Alchemist ~ I love the time period, and the concept. I nearly died of sadness and awesomeness while watching Conqueror of Shambala.

5. InuYasha ~ This was my first anime, and I still love it. It does get a little confusing, and the ending of the series was bull because they didn't resolve anything, even though the manga continues so much farther. I still love it. :>

4. Juicy Chaser

Elfen Lied - Absolutely beautiful story, compelling and actually made me cry. The characters become extremely lovable and there is just the right mix of gore, action and love. (although I wouldn't say the first episode is much of a mix, lol). The ending frustrated me though.

@ rvr- ahflah I never knew there was an ova.

Vampire Knight- Got me into vampires again. I really adored the main characters and the storyline had juicy plot twists. Maybe I'm bias because I'm a sucker for a love triangle, but this is very almost my favourite anime. Also currently obsessing over the theme music. <3

Fullmetal Alchemist- I thought it was an extremely original storyline, and I really like the drawing style. Although the series was long (I prefer short anime) there wasn't many unecessary fillers and I could definitely go back and watch this all over again.

Ouran High School Host Club- Seems an unlikely choice for me, since I prefer more serious anime. This one was just a delight though, and the humor was well chosen. Some of the characters were annoying but in a laughable way.

Pokemon- How could this not be on the list!?

5. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

1. S-CRY-ed: Definitely my most favorite. Short and could be deeper, but it's still one of the greatest, if not the greatest. Kazuma is my favorite anime character to date. It's also the only anime I know to spawn a manga instead of the other way around. Great action, great characters, it's just the definition of awesome.

2. Death Note: I mean, duh. I loved it. Light was magnificent, so was L. Plotline was greatly done even if the ending was predictable, like RvR said. Everytime something went according to Light's plan and that music would play, my heart would speed up. It's ashamed it had to end.

3. Code Geass: For the same reason I love Death Note. Lelouch was a genius. Everything went according to his plan, even in the end. I wasn't too keen on the animation or the mechas, but it grew on me.

4. Bleach: May not be Dragonball Z action wise, but it's sure as hell epic. And I rarely use the word epic.

5. Ronin Warriors: I can't remember much about this, to be honest, but I remembered I loved it like crazy as a kid.

6. Spike H E R O

1. Cowboy Bebop
    2. Samurai Champloo
    3. Baccano
    4. S-Cry-Ed
    5. Bleach

I don't see a need to explain myself.

7. Darkcloud Word of advice: Let the wookie win. He's Chuck N

Not in any particular order:

1. FullMetal Alchemist. I loooove how scientific they made alchemy appear, not to mention how they tried to make it as accurate to real-world science. As a science major in college, I can almost stay one step ahead of the heroes, and make a pretty good guess to what the bad guys are planning, as well as see their flaws in procedure.

2. Sailor Moon. An odd choice, I know, but it was the first anime I had ever seen, and followed it on Toonami while it was on. I always loved it when Daren called Serena a 'meatball head'.

3. D.N.Angel. I read the manga first, and followed the anime soon after. Rather impressive storyline, but I'm disappointed the anime ended in only 26 episodes. There were moments of absolute hilarity for me.

4. G Gundam. My favourite of all Gundams, especially the Shuffle Alliance. I especially love the last few episodes, where a huge amount of gundams appeared to fight.

5. Transformers: Armada. It was the first time I had seen Optimus in years, and I about fell out of my seat when I saw combine with Jetfire. I had only seen Transformers a few times during G1, so this series just blew me away. Plus, awesome theme music!

8. Day~Dream Kingdom Keeper

1. Card Captor Sakura
    Its my favorite because it was one of my 1st anime's I ever saw and it brings back good childhood memories. I remember getting up on saturday mornings (or whenever they gave it XD) to watch it. I've seen CCS 4 or 5 times. That's how much I love it. XD

2. Inuyasha
    This is my second because it also brings back good memories. It's because of this anime that I started loving japanese music. I love the violence, the humor, and the romance in this anime. XD

3. Kamichama Karin
    I absolutely love this anime. I love the humor, the characters and the story line. I also love writing fanfictions for this story. :)

4. Vampire Knight

I'm a sucker for vampires and love triangles. XD

5. Pokemon
    No need to say why. >>

9. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

1.) Sailor Moon: It was the first anime I ever saw! I still watch it from time to time ^^

2.) Inuyasha: I like the story line and the art style of it!

3.) Pokemon: It feels so nostalgic and when you reference back to it, you get this nostalgia about it.

4.) Ouran High School Host Club: I love the characters, the art style, and the comedy of it

5.) Free! Iwatobi Swim Club: Cx......do I need to explain my reasoning behind this xD

10. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

No real order

1. Puella Magi Madoka Magica - This is probably the most emotional I've gotten over an anime series, and for good reason. The plotting was really well done, the idea and themes were well explored, but what keeps me loving this show is the characters.

2. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - To me, this is KyotoAni at its finest. The show (as well as the film) embraces the craziness, but also the heart of what it is. It feels very genuine in what it's trying to say. This was also one of the first few shows that I watched when I first got into anime, but I will always call this one my favorite of the early years because something about it made sure I would stay a fan.

3. Log Horizon - I won't lie when I say that part of the reason I love this show so much is because it is Anti-Sword Art Online in characters, plotting, story, and just about everything else(and I do like SAO, although it may not seem like it at times). Unfortunately, it didn't have the same kind of budget or popularity as SAO did either. Still, even if it wasn't a factor, it won me over with a well thought out story, amazing characters and just how fun it felt.

4. Romeo x Juliet - I like how this takes a lot of creative liberties from the source material while also paying respect to it. It makes the family politics a whole lot bigger, and takes place in a very amazing world.

5. Usagi Drop - A very simple anime, and different from everything else on this list. However, it's the simplicity that I love. It's a calming show that is drastically different from everything that's out there.

11. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

1. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood -

2. Puella Magi Madoka Magica -

3. Ouran High School Host Club -

4. Angel Beats! -

5. .hack//Oblivion -

I'll update with reasons some other time.

12. parabola Destiny Islands Resident

1. Neon Genesis Evangelion: Probably the most influential and genre-defining anime of all time; it completely revolutionized the genre and the way that an animated story could be told. There are no heroes but vulnerable, imperfect, complicated human beings. The most gripping, visceral and moving take on depression in any TV series I've ever seen. It's anime's Watchmen.

2. Serial Experiments Lain: Beautifully animated and intellectually complex; Kurosawan perspective shifts make the show occasionally frustrating to watch but fascinating to consider. Really ahead of its time with its consideration of the internet's growing dominance in human experience.

3. Fullmetal Alchemist (2003): It's completely insane that I had to put this at number three, given how much I love the show and the characters. It's ending is notoriously weak, but not nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be (in fact, there's very little I don't like about it other than the surprise villain). Gorgeous animation, exciting and interesting action scenes, great characters and some of the most emotionally engaging dialogue and storylines in TV history.

4. Cowboy Bebop: It's got all of the assets of a classic anime (excellent animation, memorable characters, interesting storylines), but Cowboy Bebop is one of those special shows that has a greatness that's sui generis. Other than Samurai Champloo (which I feel was in large part an attempt to re-capture the magic of Bebop), I've never seen any show with such an intimate connection with its soundtrack. Yoko Kanno is listed as one of the core creators of the show, and rightly so. The woman is a goddess of modern jazz and blues. Bebop is just a once-in-a-generation kind of show.

5. FLCL: Maybe it shouldn't count because it's really a miniseries, and maybe it doesn't deserve it because one of its six episodes is only ok. However, FLCL has the unique ability to evoke a special kind of feeling: a nostalgia for unhappiness. It so vividly captures the feelings of awkward adolescence that it makes you want to go back and relive those moments for some reason. All of the madness and complicated plot stuff and phallic imagery seems overwhelming and bizarre, but really, I don't think any other show has come nearly as close to recreating what it's like to be a neurotic adolescent boy.

13. PirateNinjaHanyou Traverse Town Homebody

1. One Piece
    2. Shiki
    3. Death Note
    4. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
    5. Steins;Gate

14. Mysty Unknown

I have to pick only 5? This is gonna be more difficult then you think...

1. Yu Yu Hakusho - I watched this anime as a child all the way through. You'd think its dark aura and other suggestive themes would taint my innocence but I was so young I never caught on. After rewatching it years later, I had the sense of nostalgia with the added understanding of what was actually going on. I love the battle scenes, the characters are just beyond likable, every arc leaves me wanting more, and I just love the idea as a whole.

2. Madoka Magica - I'm kind of a sucker for cute girls with magical powers running around blowing everything up. That wasn't really what I got when I watched Madoka. Watching the anime for the first time left me in a mind boggling what the fu*k sensation. The series has characters that I feel attached to thinking back on it has a really well done plot... I'm still furious with Rebellion's cliff hanger, but at least I get more Madoka.

3. Sword Art Online - I know a lot of people either love it or hate it; I love it. Its the concept that mostly gets to me. My only issues were the fan service that was put in. I'd rather them take the fanservice out, make the anime have a 16.5 OVA and then call it a day. Regardless, I enjoyed the adventure of Kirito going off on his grand VRMMORPG quest. The concept of love conquers all hits real hard for me ya know?

4. Little Busters - THE FEELS! An anime that has made me emotionally traumatized from all of the crap that happens to the characters. I love each and every character. The story is near flawless, I'd like to have this anime on a higher spot, but I just admire other animes so much more for little things. Oh, and the dub is really really bad.

5. Magical Lyrical Nanoha - Props to DarkTraitor for showing me this one. Ah the story is just wonderful. The characters have depth. The universe and idea of multi-universe theory that is put into play is well done which I find is a hard concept to achieve. The manga is pretty good too, actually is one of the very few anime's I went back and read the manga for.

Other notable animes aaaaare

Angel Beats
    Death Note
    Zatch Bell
    Claymore
    Fullmetal Alchemist (NOT BROTHERHOOD)
    Soul Eater
    One Piece
    Spice and Wolf
    Symphogear
    Medaka Box

15. CrownMoksha Decimo

• Strike the Blood
    • Blood +
    • Fairy Tail
    • Rave Master
    • D. Gray-man
    In no particular order, just some newer and older anime that I've love.

16. Glen Returned from the dead

• Fairy Tail
    • Sword Art Online
    • Soul Eater
    • Naruto
    • One Piece

The last two I don't really follow right now but I do still rather enjoy watching them from time to time, Soul Eater I reeeeeeally wish had continued, and the other two are just simply amazing. Both absolutely blew me away when I watched them (well, the first arc of SAO did, the second was pretty...meh, compared to the first)

17. Aelin Best Waifu

1. Death note- This has to be my favourite. When I started watching I could not stop. It messed with my mind slightly and made me think a lot. I really enjoyed it
    2. SAO- Really interesting and fun idea of a videogame world gone wrong. I love the character development that Kirito has. It makes him more interesting of a character.
    3. Soul Eater- I love the interaction between Maka and Soul. They are funny and epic at the same time.
    4. Fairytail- I haven't finished this one, but each arc brings something knew and it doesn't get repetitive like a lot of the longer animes do.
    5. Kuroshitsuji- This one was certainly an interesting concept. One I didn't think I would enjoy as much as I did.

18. Jin うごかないで

#1: Guilty crown

I've never been able to stress enough that Guilty crown is by far my favorite anime of all time, it's made me "feel feels that never felt before" if you can even say that, by far over anything it's got the perfect sound track, the perfect characters and is amazing for an original anime with no manga story line by far my most favorite anime of all time everything is done so well especially the animation.

#2: Hunter x Hunter 2011
    I did love the original 1999 version but 2011 is done so well, absolutely love the ending music and the animation is just amazing, characters are lovable and all in all it takes it's place as my 2nd favorite anime of all time.

#3:Naruto
    I've been a hardcore naruto fan since I was really young so obviously this would make my top 5, I've loved it for a long time and honestly with the manga as well I love the character development it's been slow but it's finally shown the contrast in all the characters along with that the soundtrack is amazing.

#4: Higurashi
    What can I say? it's the best psychological anime ever for me personally the soundtrack could have been better but it's still good but what makes me love it is not only the whole psychological game but especially I love the characters and the story it's so unique

#5: Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood
    It really took me some thought to pick between KHR and FMA:B as my 5th favorite anime but I pick FMA:B because right from the get go you know this is badass, KHR took some time to develop but I still love it but if the rest of the manga was animated I'd probably make it my #5 but for now it goes to FMA:B and I needn't even explain why.

19. Dinny I am Anime ( ⚈้̤͡ ◡ ⚈้̤͡ )

I constantly change my top 5's given the time, mood or current obsessions (except for my number one cause that is forever) but anyway here is what I can think of now, definitely some of the more recent ones are also included.

1. Blood+
    This will forever be my numero uno. I've been blissfully obsessed with this series since it came out and I have to admit it's one of the few where the English dub I actually don't mind and how it's also one of the few anime first before manga shows that I really super like. Plus everything about this is super grand to me just wow. I don't even have words for this. I just really, really love Blood+

2. Kuroko No Basuke
    I never ever ever expected myself to like a basketball anime but I am super addicted to KnB like it has come to the point where I have cosplayed most of the ladies and I am about to genderbend GoM and cosplay them too and I just don't care loooooooool but seriously, this is just a supr great series and I heard the manga is super great at all and season 3 isn't coming out fast enough

3. Ouran High School Host Club
    Sorry not sorry but I will always kiss kiss fall in love with this anime. It's just very great and silly and it makes me smile and laugh more often than I should but also cry plus husbando Hikaru is in it so hooray.

4. Free! Iwatobi Swim Club
    All I can say is Makoto Tachibana. I'm just kidding, well 1/2jk. I did not expect myself to be as obsessive of this as I thought I would. I originally watched it as a joke and because I thought the boys were drawn very nicely but then I got super hooked and now I can't stop won't stop and can't wait for season 2 !

5. Pokemon
    I can literally watch this over and over and over and over and forever because I can always relate since I am a Pokemon master ; >

Oh glob now I feel terrible for not putting some on the list so sorry but honorable mentions:
    > AnoHana : the only reason why this isn't on top 5 is because I can only watch it once in my life because I literally cried in every episode and decently sobbed so hard in the last episode I couldn't breathe
    > Air Gear : this was one of my first animes and I still want Air Trecks
    > LOVELY COMPLEX : I don't know how I didn't get this into my top 5 (maybe because I'm not a tall girl at all and can't super relate to her) but ahh CUTE
    > No. 6 : I just really loved the balance in this holy snaps
    > Digimon Frontier : I am one of its few fans huehuehuehue

20. 61 No. B

this is all tentative but i guess the list would be

1. Code Geass R2
    2. Code Geass
    3. Road to Ninja
    4. Gundam Unicorn
    5. Naruto movie 1

Part of me wants to combine Code Geass and R2 since it's really one story broken up into two parts and I want another space for something else. And Naruto movie 1 is only there for the nostalgia and will be off if I can find anything else I like more. I really want to put a One Piece movie on here but of the 11 I've seen none seem to quite be top 5 material. I'm hoping movie Z will be good because I want OP represented here in some way (being my favorite manga and all that) and I don't like Naruto enough for it to be given two of the five entries. I'm also not sure if this is the exact order. Ever since I finished Gundam Unicorn I've been questioning how much I like it. And not in a bad way, it wasn't even on here before I finished it. I may like it more than Road to Ninja, have to watch Road again to be sure, and it may even be #1 material, I'm not sure of that either. R2 has been on the top for so long and I'm not sure if I still like it as much as I did at one point. FLCL and TTGL were on here as 4 and 5 respectively before Unicorn was put on and movie 1 was put back on.