Laramie, Wyoming, Passes Anti-Discrimination Measure to Protect Gays

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Amaury, May 14, 2015.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

As I know this was of particular interest to @Mike (especially), @Misty, and I think @libregkd, I am tagging them.

I read his whole Wikipedia article, and it just breaks my heart. How could someone do that? If you don't like homosexuals, fine, you have the right to that opinion, and if you feel that you must hurt them, even though it's just as wrong, do it verbally. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's right, but if you absolutely feel like you can't control yourself, verbally would be better than leaving them for dead.

That said, nobody's 100% sure on if it was because of his sexuality or not, so my opinion's more based on if it had been because of that.

On top of that, he was previously beaten, though, thankfully, it didn't appear to be near as brutal, and raped a few years before his brutal attack when he was 19 during a high school trip to Morocco, which also breaks my heart. That's possibly how he became HIV positive as well; however, it could have also been when he had consensual sex with, of all people, one of his killers every now and then.