Dream Drop Distance Kingdom Key Changed?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by KeybladeSpirit, Dec 1, 2011.

1. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

I was reading the latest news story and noticed something about the picture in it. The "head" of Sora's Kingdom Key seems to have gotten sharper since we last saw it.
    [​IMG]
    Is it just me, or do you guys see it too?

EDIT: Two other pictures where it's a bit clearer.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Misty gimme kiss

Oh wow, I didn't notice that when I first saw the image. I do see what you're saying, though. It could just be the image, of course, but it could also be real, haha.

I'm not sure how much of an effect it will have though--he'd still be hitting things with the blunt/rod side, right?

3. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

I'unno. I got Re:coded on Saturday and have been playing it obsessively every so often, and the Kingdom Key's teeth look pretty thin in there. *shrug*

4. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

It could definitely be the image, but I'm still leaning toward it being real. If you look, it actually flattens to a tip on the crown part.

And yeah, I doubt it'll make a difference unless it turns out that Sora changed his fighting style. I mean, it's not entirely out of the question since he's probably been training with Riku over the past year.
    That's only due to the limitations of the NDS's graphical capabilities They basically took a really flat rectangular prism and put a sprite of the Keyblade on each side.

In this game, the graphical capabilities are much better, so any changes would have be a change in design.

5. Shift Chaser

Wow, nice catch.
    Pretty sure it's real too.

Gotta wonder why they didn't do this sooner though >_>

6. Excasr The Forgotten XIII

Yeah I can see it too. It seems sharper, but I don't think the Kingdom Key more differences than that.

7. awesomeperson Destiny Islands Resident

wow your right,man did they just make it sharper or something 4 a reson??

8. EvilMan_89 Code Master

actually i thought the Kingdom Key has changed since KH1. it looked pretty fat in that game and then became a lot thinner in KH2.

9. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Huh, now that you mention it, they are a little bit different. I guess they wanted to try making it look a little more like an actual key? Although, when I look at the kingdom key on wikia, they seem exactly the same.
    Am I just seeing things or what?

10. Shikou Kingdom Keeper

Im guessing they gave it more detail. At first I was all like "wtf are you talking about? It looks the same!" till I remember the KeyBlade looked kinda like a rectangle when showed front ward. It does look more like a triangle shape now then it did before.
    [​IMG]

11. Ventus PSP Aqua Gummi Ship Junkie

Huh it has. Hmm maybe it changing means Sora is getting stronger or Better at using it.

12. Krowley Moderator

Agreed. It could just be the cut scene.
    Could just be e, but the bottom part of the key part looks a little bigger than the top.

13. Noroz I Wish Happiness Always Be With You

It seemss slimmer/sharper. Though I think that's probably due to a screw up. The game isn't done yet and there are still things to be done with the game.

14. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

Yeah, but all of the models have been done for years. (Okay, except the new Sora/Riku and new characters) If they weren't redesigning it, they'd have used an old model.

15. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

I think it's either just the graphics of this game on this specific system or just a slight tweak to the design, but I really doubt it's anything relevant to the story.

16. Krown King's Apprentice

Whoa your right.
    It looks more angled and before it was rectangular.

17. Zter Banned

I see absolutely no difference. It could be my eyes or the Kingdom Key has always been like that. Doesn't seem to be too big a change though. So it'll be unimportant to the story.

18. Te Deum Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]

But seriously.

If it's sharper, I'd like to see Dream Eaters bleed.

They can bleed rainbows for all I care, as long as they bleed.

19. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

Alright, found a couple other pictures with a better view of it. It's definitely been changed though, as everyone else has said, it's likely not relevant.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. CrownMoksha Decimo

I think I'm starting to see it, then again my eyes could be failing on me. Personaly the only difference in the Kingdom Key i've notice was Mickey's version and the 358/2 day version.