Video Game: Kingdom Hearts SOS: The Road To Light

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Krowley, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Skyheart Joker

[​IMG]

Being in the Underground was a bit of an interesting experience for Stratos. He had tried to hide in the background before, but it was something else entirely to be the background. With no one really paying him any mind, simply because they couldn't, Stratos had just stood back and watched as the girls he had been here with did all the talking. A bit curious as to where the other Underground members were, Stratos wasn't entirely sure if they were invisible to him as well, and so he was able to shrug it off for now. Eventually, the conversation between the three females and this somewhat out of place knight looking fellow. However, as the knight had eventually been called away and the girls were directed towards the place known as "Notre Dame," Stratos thought about something for a moment. Other people couldn't see him, and he was kind of curious as to what this guy was going to talk to this "Frollo" about. They didn't really know who either the monster or the man was, so finding out more info was always good. Looking to Aislinn, Stratos said, "I'm going to go check out that Phoebus guy and see what's up with him. Never know, might find out more. Good luck with Notre Dame." With that, the boy waved and started walking after the captain.

2. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    So there was no information that they could get on the invasion, but she supposed that was what she had a partner for. Soon other guards approached Pheobus and asked him to go with them, meanwhile Stratos offered his to follow while they went to Notre Dame. Aislinn nodded her agreement instead of saying anything. After what happened with Luna, she didn't need to bring more attention their way. "I wish you luck and perhaps I will see you around again." Aislinn told Pheobus with a smile before turning away.

"Follow the music huh? Well I suppose we need to get somewhere we can hear the music before following it. This square is far too crowded." Aislinn mumbled mostly to herself before looking around finding the nearest road out. "I am going this way, if you two care to follow." She told them, not expecting them to follow if they didn't want to, but taking it upon herself to make the first move as she left the main square to go into a more calm area as she listened for the music from there, trying to drown out the noise and performers from where she just came from.

3. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Ignis Banner.png
    Ignis followed the group as they walked carrying Baymax to Hiro's house. For some reason this kid had snuck out instead of going to school all day, and she really hoped there was a good reason for that. This boy was pretty young, and she found it hard seeing such a young kid go out on his own. True, he had a giant fluffy thing with him, but she wasn't expecting much out of it.

As they walked, she thought about what Hiro had said about that guy in a mask and those "microbot" things. She had no idea what a microbot was, but it probably was something they should think about. Hiro seemed to know what they were, and Ignis wanted to ask, but since she was basically nonexistent to everyone outside of the UG and AJ, it was kind of difficult to question him. Still, at least it made it easier for her to sneak around and walk wherever she pleased. Then she remembered that Hiro also said he was attacked by that guy in the mask.

She put her hand against her forehead like she was having a headache and sighed. "Great, this means we probably have to deal with heartless along with some crazy guy in a mask attacking with mini bug things? AJ, could you please ask him what these microbots are and what they do? Seems like another pain to worry about."

4. Light-Rune Maven Seer

Steel rolled his eyes as Captain Pheobus pointed the girls toward Notre Dame since it was "A place for answers." It seemed that either the man or the whole of Paris had a very twisted idea of what kind of place the Cathedral was. As if it were some elaborate reception desk that God himself descended to every morning to hand out brochures and take phone calls.

Yeah, no. Notre Dame wasn't the place to look for the kind of 'answers' they needed.

Though he supposed looking at a large and well known landmark for a person you had been separated from was actually pretty reasonable in itself. Whatever kind of answers they would find, it seemed the girls were going to go ahead and look there, their newest member already heading away from the crowd. Seeking divine guidance wasn't such a bad idea, so maybe they would find what they came for anyway. For now though...

"Ananta, Stratos is planning on following Captain Pheobus. I'm going to go with him." He waved to his partner as he went after the other two. "We'll meet up later and exchange information, ok?"

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  5. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Glen shot a glare at Baymax upon hearing the "diagnosis". So some random robot thought that he knew all about him, well that robot was wrong. Glen wasn't lonely, he had plenty of people he could count as friends. Nope, not lonely whatsoever. And insecurity? Bah, he had 100% faith he could do all the things he was setting out to do. Clearly the robot was broken! However despite all this logic he still remained standing a little away from the others, simply murmuring "stupid robot doesn't know anything".

6. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

Hearing Kaida, Kel nodded before turning his attention to Hiro once more. "You said that the guy in the mask was using one of your inventions, a microbot right? Just what exactly are they supposed to do?" He had decided to place his hands into his pocket as he continued to walk along side the others.

7. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

AJBanner.png

Andrew stood outside the police station waiting for the others. He walked into the police station and it seemed like the others were already in the police station. The police officer then was saying something. 'All right. Let me get this straight. A man in a kabuki mask attacked you with an army of miniature flying robots?' Flying robots well then. 'Microbots!' Then there was something about someone named Mr. Kabuki. Turned out that the giant marshmallow name was Baymax. 'THERE ARE 8 life forms behind you' Well that was interesting. 'Know em? Hah! They're just my best buds... Uh... There's Wasabi... Gogo, uhh... Honey Lemon. and uhh... Fred?' Well then it felt like he was being forgot. There was nothing new there. He followed the boy outside the police station. So the boy had something stolen and someone seemed to be after him or rather Baymax. That was when he noticed Xara and remember that Glen had been with her, so that met that Glen was here too. 'And what's worse is that he's using my invention! I'm Hiro. This is Baymax. He's a personal healthcare robot. Basically a Nursebot' The boy did not look sick so that brought the question on why he had this giant marshmallow. It was cool and all but it seemed odd. Then Baymax said 'The young adolescent is showing signs of inward loneliness and insecurity.' Well that was completely random. That was when Ignis said 'AJ, could you please ask him what these microbots are and what they do? Seems like another pain to worry about.'

He continued walking for a bit following Hiro.
    "So why are these Microbots so important?" Baymax seemed important to him, but he could not say for sure. He looked over to Baymax. "Seems like Baymax is connected in some way." He continued to walk without saying much else. He had a idea involving the microbots but decided not to voice them as anything that they did might put Hiro in danger. "Seems kind of odd that someone would just take the microbots." Why take them in the first place? He thought. "What do they do?" Mostly likely they are using the microbots for something." At this moment he wondered what Baymax felt like so he reached out and touched him. It felt like rubber somewhat. He did not know what he was expecting when he touched him.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  8. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]

Kaida threw her hands up frustrated when she heard AJ's question, knowing full well only Kel and the UG could hear her as she said, "Are we not going slow here? We're just gonna go straight in for the hard questions, why would they take them? Is the deflated volleyball related? We don't even know what it does yet. But lets continue to be strangers on the prowl for information. Let's just actually walk on into his house and assume we run the place. No wait, let's go and ask the invasive questions while we're at it!" Kaida walked on over to Hiro wrapping her arm around his shoulder, or at least trying to considering he was carrying Baymax and she could basically phase through him, "Hey kid. Have you ever lost something important to you. Have you ever felt the cruel feeling of betrayal and heartbreak? Have you ever killed a man?"

9. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]
    For a while now, Beuce had been doing some thinking about their mission. "Defeat the monster, save the man". He was certain that it wouldn't be quite so black and white as it sounded. This was the mark of mastery. If it were easy, there'd be no point to it. It was probably metaphorical in some way or another, but he didn't have even close to enough information to figure it out. Soon enough, he heard his partner calling out his name. Beuce gave Luna a quick tap on the shoulder to signify that he was indeed there. He had to admit, being completely unnoticed by anyone other than Luna, Stratos, and Steel was a little odd. It was like he was watching the world from the background, unable to interact with it or be noticed by it. In other words, he'd finally perfected his Kel cosplay.

Joining the other UG members in following the knight, he flipped his cape and rolled along the ground, "Ba na na Baa na na" Beuce hummed an acapella theme of some variety. It was horribly off tune, and not at all recognizable as any sort of spy music. He tiptoed around, trailing behind Pheobus. Whenever someone walked by, he clung to the wall, as if to hide against it and appear part of it. Needless to say, if anyone could see him at all, it would've looked incredibly stupid and drawn more attention to him than anything.

10. Krowley Moderator

[​IMG]

Hiro felt a little overwhelmed with all the questions. "Look, you guys are nice and everything, but I think my aunt probably will get weirded out if I bring home a bunch of people." He took the microbot in the petri dish and handed it to AJ. "This is a microbot. It doesn't look like much, but when it links up with the rest of its pals, things get a little more interesting. Originally it was my science project to get in to a better school, but then..." Hiro seemed afflicted by something and tried to detour his mind away from it. "Look, basically something happened and now some guy in a mask has stolen AND manufactured my microbots." He looked at Baymax and took him by himself as he began walking away. The microbot in the petri dish was pointing the group towards the dock, acting as a compass. "I have to go home and upgrade Baymax. If you guys wanna help, just follow the microbot to it's buddies and and don't move until I get there." Hiro seemed a bit cold on the situation, but at least the group was being lead somewhere.

UG MISSION START
    I. Follow Hiro

RG MISSION START
    I. Follow the Microbot

Hikaru noticed the new mission on his keyblade. "Looks like we got our first mission. He turned to Gwendolyn and waved as both UG and RG players had gotten their assignments. "Looks like Yue wants us to stick with Hiro... We'll try and be back soon partner!" He looked to Kaida, Glen and Ignis. "I guess we'll just be following Hiro still? Kaida, you uh... gonna be alright?"

11. Maka Albarn It's called love

[​IMG]"Whoops, it looks like we overwhelmed him," Xara commented as she laid a finger on her cheek with her head tilted on way and began to scratch at it, thinking. It wasn't long before she heard an alert and glanced at her keyblade. "Sweet! We don't have to stalk-I-I mean, ahem, follow Hiro. That's actually kinda smart to let the UG players handle that."

She smiled and waved to her partner. "
    Have fun!" She then saluted and started to head toward the place where the microbot-thingy had pointed, expecting the others to follow.

12. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    "Calm down Kaida, if he's murdered a man then he'll probably start radiating darkness in the next few minutes, then we take him out. If not, then we can follow him and the, uh, deflated volleyball, around and see where this takes us. Can tell you right now that Baymax is good though, he's just a little...weird" Glen reassured, attempting to calm down his friend.

Turning to his partner, he waved back and called out "see you later!" before turning to look at Hiro. He cracked his knuckles and stepped forward, eager to start his new mission and ace the mark of mastery exam. Passing the exam would be a piece of cake, what's the worst that could happen? "Hey, what do you think he means by upgrading Baymax? Think he's going to turn him into a crime fighting superbot? Oh he could give him a jetpack, and like...rocket fists, maybe a chest laser. That'd be pretty sweet, especially if we can see how he did it. Maybe, and i'm just thinking out loud here, but maybe we can turn the Yen Sid statue into a weapon of mass destruction!" he said, excitement growing with every word spoken.

13. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

It was at that moment that Kel realized that it was a good thing that he had listen to Kaida and taken the RG. He had absolutely no idea just how AJ was making any of these connections given that they hadn't even been here for 10 minutes, but Kaida clearly wasn't happy with it. Man it was a good thing that Hiro could hear or feel her at this current moment.

The dish holding the microbot was pointing off in a different direction as Hiro went off towards his home. This must've been the trigger for their next mission for it had appeared on their keyblades.
    "Looks like we're following this microbot thing." According to Hiro it was trying to get back with its 'buddies' which was good to know in terms of what it was that they would find there. Kel took one more quick look at the microbot in order to make sure that he was going the right direction and headed in that direction.

14. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

[​IMG]
    Ananta played with her braids as she listened to Aislinn. She replied with a nod to Aislinn, but stopped short of following to watch Steel. "Be careful, okay? I can't see the others....so tell them to be careful too." she said to Steel, turning to follow Aislinn.

"Do you suppose we ought to climb high to see if this Notre Dame is really big or really small? I'd imagine it's a big landmark considering Phoebus saying you can hear music from it." she said. "I can't imagine something small letting off a lot of music..."

15. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    "We don't even know what Notre Dame is, or what it looks like. It could be a tent for all we know. Our best bet is to take Pheobus's advice and just listen for and follow the music. Though if you want to look for it from a high spot, I won't stop you. There aren't monsters here, so it should be safe to split up, if that is what you wish." Aislinn suggested to Ananta. There was nothing saying that they had to stick together, and while Aislinn didn't mind sticking together, she wasn't going to waste valuable time on something that seemed pretty useless. If Pheobus provided them with more information on what Notre Dame was, perhaps she would be tempted to look, but as it was, he didn't and they didn't know what to look for. Their best bet was to follow his advice, so that was what Aislinn did as she started off listening for music.

16. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Ignis Banner.png
    Ignis wondered what had caused Hiro to stop talking about his microbots when he began to explain what they were. For some reason he hesitated about something and then kind of dropped the subject. She figured something pretty bad must have happened, since no one ends that abruptly without a reason.

She looked at the little thing that was apparently meant to do amazing things, and wondered how that would even work. Luckily for her though, she didn't have to worry about tracking down the others. It looked like she and the other UG members were to follow Hiro home, while the RG members were supposed to follow the microbots. Though she did feel a little guilty walking into someone else's house to spy on them.

"Well, have fun following the tiny bug-like thing without loosing track of it. I'll be enjoying the coziness of a house." She grinned at AJ, ready to leave with the other UG members.

17. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

[​IMG]
    Ananta nodded at Aislinn and took a look around. She tried her best to find a way to get higher up, but there was no way she could just climb up. She eventually gave up and met back up with Aislinn, noticing the music was getting much louder as they walked. "Think we're almost there? The music's gotten pretty loud now." she commented, seeing more and more...oddly dressed people appearing.

18. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

AJBanner.png

Andrew stood by when Hiro said 'Look, you guys are nice and everything, but I think my aunt probably will get weirded out if I bring home a bunch of people.' That was probably a good idea. That was Hiro hand him the petri dish with a small thing inside. 'This is a microbot. It doesn't look like much, but when it links up with the rest of its pals, things get a little more interesting.' He was not sure what the boy met when he said interesting but he was sure he would find out. 'Originally it was my science project to get in to a better school' "Hay if you did this I am sure you will be able to get into any school that you want and any school would be lucky to have you. If the school can see that your smart then they do not see you and they are missing out." Hiro them seemed to trail off. 'Look, basically something happened and now some guy in a mask has stolen AND manufactured my microbots.' The boy seemed to be getting upset. He put his hand on the boy's shoulder. "Look I am sorry if i upset you, I am just trying to figure out everything myself. I will get the rest of the microbots back if I can for you. I am here to help." He then gave Hiro a smile.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  19. Krowley Moderator

[​IMG]

"Glen, I think that's a little overstepping..." Hikaru told him. But as he spoke those words, he was actually contemplating the uses of a statue-esque Yen Sid. While the trapped wizard wouldn't be much help in close combat, he could be useful as defensive measure. A sort of battering ram, perhaps. Could even add flight mechanics to the sides of his chair. Having the button that activates it being placed under his hat. Before he could express more vocal thoughts, Hiro had turned to the house that was supposedly his home.

"Okay. If my aunt asks, we were at school all day," Hiro instructed Baymax.
    "WE JUMPED OUT A WINDOW!" Baymax exclaimed.
    "No! Quiet!" Baymax whispered.
    "You can’t say things like that around Aunt Cass..." Hiro puished the deflating white balloon bot up the stairs as his aunt was finished up dinner in the kitchen.
    "Hiro? You home, sweetie. I thought I heard you." His Aunt came from the kitchen to greet him. "Look at my little college man. I can’t wait to hear all about it. And wings are almost ready."
    Hikaru could smell the wings and groaned. He had never wanted chicken wings more than this moment.
    "Uh... The thing is that, since I registered so late, I’ve got a lot of school stuff to catch up on," Hiro hugged her as he took a plate upstairs. "Thanks for understanding."
    He took the plate and ran upstairs to get Baymax to his charging station. The robot was happily petting a fat cat, before Hiro shooed it away. He ketp calling it a 'hairy baby.' The UG group not far behind.
    Hiro plopped onto his bed as he was trying to review the day he had over in his head. Baymax was now fully charged and speaking normally.
    "Tadashi." Baymax spoke.
    "What?" Hiro asked.
    Hikaru looked around, in case there were any new keyblade weilders that showed up since then. He felt bad for not fully knowing the current party.
    "Tadashi." Baymax pointed to the empty bed on the other side of the room.
    Hiro sighed as he put a cover over that side of the room. Only a red hat could be seen on his untouched bed. "Tadashi’s gone."
    " When will he return?"
    " He’s dead, Baymax," Hiro solemnly reported.
    "Tadashi was in excellent health. With a proper diet and exercise, he should have lived a long life."
    "Yeah, he should have. But there was a fire, Now, he’s gone."
    It was unlikely from Hiro's tone that he was the one that caused the fire, giving Hikaru a little sigh of relief.
    "Tadashi is here." Baymax stated.
    "No. People keep saying he’s not really gone as long as we remember him. It still hurts..."
    Hikaru had never dealt with loss, since most of his time was spent trying to chase or care for his friends.
    " I see no evidence of physical injury." Baymax reported.
    "It’s a different kind of hurt."
    "You are my patient. I would like to help."
    "You can’t fix this one, buddy..." Baymax was scanning his computer as Hiro finished that sentence. "What are you doing?"
    "I am downloading a database on personal loss... Database downloaded. Treatments include contact with friends and loved ones. I am contacting them now.
    "Wait, what friends?"
    "Your associates from the police station..."
    "No, no, no! I ... Don’t do that-" Hiro tried to stop him.
    "Your friends have been contacted."
    "Unbelievable," Hiro sighed.

This moment made Hikaru a bit unsure. "Wait... How are they going to contact our partners?..."

Not far from the docks, the Real Ground players received a beeping notification from their player pins. Baymax's voice could be heard as the white skull blinked with each sound of it's voice.
    "Hello. This is Baymax. Hiro's personal healthcare companion. Hiro is currently suffering the loss of his older brother and my creator; Tadashi Hamada. I have contacted his friends to help him recover from his personal loss. Treatments include contact with his friends ad loved ones. At the police station, Hiro called you his friends and so I have scanned for your DNA signatures and wirelessly found your signal. I look forward to working with you on Hiro's recovery. He is very thankful that you assisting him by finding where the microbot leads. You are all good people. When we meet again, you will get lolipops." The transmission ended. Apparently the pins also worked as a communication device between partners.

Back at the house, Baymax was towering over Hiro and hugging him.
    "You will be all right. There, there."
    "Thanks, Baymax."
    "I am sorry about the fire."
    'It’s okay. It was an accident. Unless it wasn’t..." An epiphany had overcome Hiro. "At the showcase, that guy in the mask stole my microbots. And... then set the fire to cover his tracks. He’s responsible for Tadashi! We gotta catch that guy!"
    He looked at Baymax's big fluffy appearance.
    "If we’re gonna catch that guy, you need some upgrades..."
    "Will apprehending the man in the mask improve your emotional state?"
    "Absolutely," Hiro nodded, dragging Baymax down the stairs to the garage.

It felt like Hiro had a muli-tracked mind always going from one thought to the next. If he was going to the garage to upgrade Baymax, he was wondering if it would be best to leave them be. But at the same time, he couldn't eat the chicken wings his aunt had made for him, so the first option seemed more likely. "If Hiro could upgrade Baymax.. think he could upgrade stuff like our keyblades?" he asked the group.

The UG trio followed Captain Phoebus as he was escorted to the palace of justice. The guards has led him down a spiraling staircase to what seemed to be a dungeon of sorts. Frollo was just leaving one of the cells when Captain Phoebus was led directly to him.
    "Ah, so this is the gallant Captain Phoebus, home from the wars," Frollo greeted. His voice was very deep and their was an almost haunting aura around the dark robed man.
    "Reporting for duty, as ordered, sir.""Your service record precedes you, Phoebus. I expect nothing but the best from a war hero of your calibre."
    "And you shall have it, sir. I guarantee it."
    "Yes. You know, my last captain of the guard was, um, a bit of a disappointment to me..."
    A whip crack and a scream interrupt Frollo, startling Phoebus at the sound of the cracked whip."
    "Well, no matter. I'm sure you'll whip my men into shape."
    "Uh, thank you, sir, uh, very, uh, trem--uh, a tremendous honour, sir."
    As Frollo spoke, he led the Captain up the stairs to the higher vantage point of the Palace so he and Pheobus could get a birds eye view of the entire city.
    "You come to Paris in her darkest hour, Captain. It will take a firm hand to save the weak-minded from being so easily misled."
    "Misled, sir?"
    "Look, Captain--gypsies. The gypsies live outside the normal order. Their heathen ways inflame the peoples' lowest instincts, and they must be stopped."
    A thin layer of darkness began to surround Frollo's aura. The players in the UG could see small puffs of darkness fluttering around his heart.
    Phoebus looked over the rooftop at the three woman he had run into earlier. Assuming that from their clothing, they too, may have been gypsies.
    "I was summoned from the wars to capture fortune tellers and palm readers?"
    "Oh, the real war, Captain, is what you see before you. For twenty years, I have been taking care of the gypsies, one...by...one." On each of the last three words, Frollo crushed one of three ants on a
    tile. He flipped the tile over, revealing scores of ants scurrying around underneath.
    "And yet, for all of my success, they have thrived. I believe they have a safe haven, within the walls of this very city. A nest, if you will. They call it the Court of Miracles."
    "What are we going to do about it, sir?"
    Frollo slammed the tile back down upside down, and turned it, crushing the remainder of the ants.
    "You make your point quite vividly, sir."
    Frollo's darkness slowly faded as the festivities below were beginning.
    "You know, I like you captain. Shall we?"
    He begins to leave, when the crowd below begins to cheer loudly. It seemed the festivities were already starting.
    "Oh, duty calls. Have you ever attended a peasant festival, Captain?"
    "Not recently, sir."
    "Then this should be quite an education for you. Come along..."

In the city streets below, The trio of ladies in the RG were making there way to the steps of Notre Dame. The streets were restless with entertainers and gypsies alike.
    To their left, was a very colorful clown that was putting on some sort of theatrical story telling.

"Listen, they're beautiful, no? So many colours of sounds, so many changing moods. Because, you know, they don't ring all by themselves... Up there, high, high in the dark bell tower, lives the mysterious bell ringer. Who is this creature? What is he? How did he come to be there?" The crowd seemed entertained by the tale. "They say that there was disfigured child who was brought to the church when he was only an infant. Nearly two decades have passed and they say that the child is the one who now rings the bells. People who have seen him say he walks with a hunch, a snarl, and large hulking arms... They he is a monster!" The crowd was terrified, but still well engaged. "Hush, and Clopin will tell you. The tale of a man... and a monster..."

Clopin's tale seemed to be leading the RG group to the Bell tower.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  20. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]
    Kaida hadn't particularly answered Hikaru's question since Glen well... seemed to handle it in a more humorous manner. But as they followed him into the house, it was a lovely house. But as she noticed the details of the room and the conversation happened, it turned out Hiro did in fact lose someone important to him... relatively recent in fact. And Kaida's face clearly showed the regret of those words. But when the mention of the masked man being caught helped with his emotional state, Kaida felt like she could use this as a way to sort of repent for those thoughts, since she had verbalized them anyway. When Hikaru mentioned that Kaida looked over and said, "...How? We're kind of, invisible. Unless we can like, steal this kind of stuff... hacking. Dang, where's DJ when you need him this would have been great."

Kaida stretched a bit and said, "So we're catching a guy in a mask, huh? That's our goal for this? Sounds good to me. Especially if it uh, helps with his loss, ya know? I'm not sure if there's another way we could help him."

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017