Video Game: Kingdom Hearts SOS: The Road To Light

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Arena' started by Krowley, Nov 28, 2011.

1. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

A very excited voice caught Kel's attention shortly after he had asked his own question. Upon seeing the excitable little girl, it took him a moment to realize who it was, mainly because last time he saw her she was an animal (You're senpai has noticed you Xara, rejoice). It was quite surprising to see someone from Nottingham given the amount of people that he met in that world compared to the ones that actually help. Wasn't as much as Deep Jungle, but still a fair amount. Following that realization Kel headed over towards the duo. "You were in the realm of darkness all this time, no wonder you were so excited to see the sun." Even in the presumed short amount of time he spent there he got sick and tired of all the darkness, so in her case finally seeing the sun must've been a gift from the heavens.

This "conversation" was cut short by Yue answering his question from earlier while another person, Shades, walked up to them. Hearing that Yue was once an Harrier Class reaper was concerning by name just to begin with. Adding in the fact that it was apparently the most rigorous and cruel classes was a different layer. Interesting, especially given that he had no idea how reapers within this game worked and it looked like he wouldn't be given the chance to do so.

Those questions were put on hold as he caught the pin that Yue threw at them. The skull pin that now rested in his hand was still a cool looking one, especially now that he could examine it as closely as he wanted to. His attention was grabbed once more when he heard the name of who he would be partnered with. "Okay then." Now he couldn't recall having very many interactions with Kaida (hence his bland response), if any for that matter, so this would be a first if the latter was true. On that note however, walked up to her and said. "Alright partner, you wanna take the RG or the UG?" Least he could do was to actually be the one to initiate the conversation between the two.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  2. LadyAzura Hollow Bastion Committee

[​IMG]
    Luna listened intently as Yue explained the Reaper's game. Partners would be paired up for separate rounds of worlds. Once Yue was finished she gave everyone their Player Pin and Yue had handed Bernard over to Luna. "Hello Bernard! I'm Luna! It's very nice to meet you!" Luna smiled before Yue had started pairing up the group into teams of two. Once Luna heard her name being called, her partner had been assigned to her. She heard Beuce's name be called out as her partner. She looked over to Beuce and nodded before making her way over to him. "It's been awhile! I'm looking forward to working with you! Guess I'll take RG and you can handle UG? Is that right?" Luna smiled as she held out her hand for a handshake.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  3. Skyheart Joker

[​IMG]

After he had asked his question, and the rest of the people getting over their shell shocked by the appearance of the city and sky, Yue had started to explain just where it was they were. Apparently this Shibuya district was somewhere in some world between realms that acted as a gateway to other worlds. She had also described what the purpose behind them locking the keyholes in worlds so far had been, but also how it only contributed to an almost revolving door problem due to their being dark mirrored version of the worlds and their keyblades. However, before she could finish giving her explanation on the matter, she was interrupted by a new, pretty suspicious looking person. While the two seemed to have some long back and forth, delving further into what it was that Yue did here before she became a keyblade master, Stratos was somewhat lost by the whole thing. But at the end of the day, they were explained what it was they were going to be doing, and with that, given a pin. As Stratos caught the pin, he examined the rather unsettling looking thing before pocketing it. With that done, and the group partitioned into different pairs, Stratos looked to Yue saying, "don't worry, we won't let you down in these games."

Looking to who he had been paired with, Stratos recognized it was the oldest of the newcomers. He was pretty neutral about her, all things considered, and she had helped them out quite a bit in the last fight. And despite her worry over the "children" Stratos likely falling into that category himself and wanting to help rig the game in their favor, it didn't seem like she was a bad person or anything. So, Stratos simply walked over to the girl and gave out his hand to shake hers. "It'll be a pleasure to work with you for this mission," he started with. "I know we didn't really get to introduce ourselves to each other back in the castle, but I'm Stratos. And, if it's alright by you, I'd like to take the position of going in the underground. I might not look like much but." He looked straight at the woman, a confident smile on his face before saying, "I'll show you you don't have to worry too much about us."

4. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

[​IMG]
    Ananta watched Yue start to explain things before a Mr. Kitaniji came along and interrupted, giving his own explanation. While he gave some interesting points, Ananta knew she probably was better off listening to Yue more. Besides, Kitaniji ended up leaving after a bit anyway. Ananta watched a pin get tossed to everyone before she grabbed hers and looked at it. "It's pretty cool looking." she said. It then sort of turned into a keychain too. Resisting the urge to change her keyblade, Ananta looked up at Yue and heard her spout off the partners this round.

"Steel." she repeated, looking over at him. She stepped briskly and looked up at him. "After that explanation of the RG and UG, I kinda think you'd be better off in the UG. You're a cool dude with a tail, but...I don't think that'd bode well with a lot of people. Ya know?" she said. "I mean, I'm fine with it and uh...er....bleh..." she sighed, looking crestfallen. "Just go with it, okay?"

5. Glen Returned from the dead

[​IMG]
    Glen shrugged his shoulders at AJ's question. "Well, I come from a fairly lengthy line of keyblade wielders, my homeworld was destroyed a couple of years before joining up with SoS, and I'm a little on the outside of the group for the most part, or at least it feels that way" he replied, before he heard the announcement of the partners. "Aaaaanyway, good luck with your mark of mastery exam. If you wanna learn more, you'll just have to pass and become a keyblade master" he stated, before summoning his keyblade, slinging it over his shoulder and wandering over to Xara. It's worth noting that as he walked past Jake, he stuck up his middle finger in a not-so-subtle gesture. The mouse had called him out, and worse still he'd made a good point. The thought was still on his mind as he approached his partner.

"Xara, right? I figured since we're going to be working together and all I should probably come over and see what your thoughts on my idea is. I've been training with the keyblade since I could walk, so I'm pretty experienced with wielding it, and if I'm going to get stronger I've gotta push myself. Soooo, I'd like to take the UG, if that's okay with you" he suggested.​

6. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    Aislinn listened to the conversation going on. She didn't like the fact that this girl, Yue was forced to work for these people just to do the test, but she agreed so willingly, so she supposed it wasn't her place to argue. Aislinn honestly hated seeing other people get hurt, or paying a price, especially when it was for someone else's sake. Still there was only so much to do, this was their ticket out after all. Aislinn forced herself to step back and listen as the negotiations came to a close and things were explained to them. After that came the partners. Aislinn looked around trying to figure out who her partner was, not really knowing anyone by name. Thankfully he seemed to have an idea who she was. Perhaps that was just because she was one of few people he didn't know and was able to figure it out on his own.

Looking at the boy she smiled. He had been the one that she had helped up a few times during the battle. "Pleased to meet you. I am Aislinn." Aislinn shook Stratos's hand as she introduced herself. She wasn't quite sure if there was much else worth saying, so for the time being she would focus on their task. "If that is what you want, I don't mind." She told him before looking a way a little worried. "It isn't that I don't think you can take care of yourself... It is just, some of you are so young. To go into something that you have a two percent chance of winning and if you don't win you die. Even I don't want to die, but at least I have lived long enough to see my sister get married and have two wonderful kids. If I died now at least I had that. You guy probably haven't. That is why I worry." Aislinn explained softly.​

7. Light-Rune Maven Seer

His friend.

One of his first friends even. Not to mention the only one that had even remotely known about his little secret this whole time. Granted it had been entirely because of an accident. Yeah, he could definitely live with having friends again.

Once Yue took them to the place called Shibuya, she had a conversation with Megumi Kitaniji. He was very interested to know that Yue was an Ex-Reaper, but that wasn't really important, nor was Mr. Kitaniji's identity (He likely wasn't the Composer). For now, it seemed they had to choose who would be in RG, and who would go to the UG. He was honestly a bit amused at Ananta and her attempts to approach the situation logically while sparing his feelings.

"Hmm. I don't really have a reason to argue about it." He shrugged. "I'm just not the kind of person you see everyday. You're right, I agree: it's probably for the best I stay in the underground.

8. cstar stay away from my waifu

[​IMG]

Kaida was listening to everything about this game super intensely and trying to prepare herself, her worry about failing was kind of easy to be seen. She tried calming herself down and when he said she'd be partnered with Kel, she felt herself ask who? for but a moment. I mean, even if Kel had been there for a pretty long time according to everyone, she kind of kept forgetting that he was there... somehow? She had no idea. She was prepared to walk over and find him, but he turned out to be right next to her and spoke, and Kaida jumped slightly in surprise. She didn't even see him walk over. Was that her fault?

Kaida turned to him and said, "I'm er, not the best at diplomacy. So I'd like to fight some heartless if ya don't mind." she didn't think she was lying about that, she got super hot headed when having a moment and tended to piss people off. She figured it was probably better for her to be the one taking things out on heartless rather than people.​

9. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

AJBanner.png

Andrew stood there when Glen answered his question. 'Well, I come from a fairly lengthy line of keyblade wielders, my homeworld was destroyed a couple of years before joining up with SoS, and I'm a little on the outside of the group for the most part, or at least it feels that way.' "A long line of keyblade wielders humm... As for your homeworld I am sorry about that." Glen had said something about being a little outside the group. "Seem you fit in to me." That was when there was the announcement of the partners. Turned out they were in some location called Shibuya. 'Every world has two versions. The one in the realm of light is called the RG or 'RealGround, and the one in the realm of darkness is the UG or the 'Underground.' Well that was interesting it made him wonder if his would had tow part and which one was he living in? A strange man showed up. Turned out the man's name was Megumi Kitanji. Yue agreed to some sort of payment and made sore sort of arrangement about rules and what not. Yue then stated four rules about the game. He got a pin and put it in his pocket. He did not think much about it. He and someones name was called that he did not know. He turned to Glen. 'Aaaaanyway, good luck with your mark of mastery exam. If you wanna learn more, you'll just have to pass and become a keyblade master' "Wait" but it was to late. He wanted to ask Glen if he had any idea who his partner was.

Looking around and he spot that most of the people where partnered. He also noticed that all of the people were put male and female. Doing the process of elimination there was only one girl left. He saw who it was and it was the girl that was over Glen when he entered the castle. He made a not to himself not to make the girl mad. He walked over to the girl. "You must be Ignis." He thought for a moment. "You seem more of a battler type. So I would like to take RG."

10. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Ignis Banner.png
    Ignis had been watching things from the back of the group while everyone was still getting acquainted with their new surroundings. Soon enough, a man in a coat with some red thing around his neck, and dark glasses on his face. Apparently Yue seemed to know him, and they had a history with each other. It wasn't really any of Ignis' concern though, and Yue didn't seem like sharing, so she just let the conversation pass by her and tried not to listen in too much. By the end of their exchange, groups were made and Ignis had been paired up with one of the newcomers, AJ.

While the rest of the keybladers got with their group, AJ came up to her and certainly didn't spare much time getting to the point about where he wanted to go. Ignis had honestly hoped she could get away from fighting for a while since it seemed like it was all she had done for a while, but she was also too tired to really complain about something like this.

Sighing, she replied back to him. "Fine, I'll deal with the enemies that show up. Though it might help you to get experience if you fought a couple hordes of enemies yourself."

She kind of had hoped to take things a little easy for the time being, but apparently there was going to be some time before that happened.

11. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

[​IMG]
    Beuce listened intently to the rules of the game. The RG and UG concept honestly caught him by surprise. He hadn't expected to be there to be two versions of each world. Soon enough, the partners were announced. He was to be accompanying the white haired princess herself. She gave a friendly greeting and offered her hand out for a handshake. "Yeah, damn it has been a while. SInce...Wonderland probably. Oh jeez that seems like years ago." He said accepting her gesture. "Yeah. That sounds fine. You can be the people person. Just leave the combat to me." He said affirming their roles in the upcoming trial. From what he remembered, Luna was a pretty competent person, so he was happy with the selection.​

12. Krowley Moderator

Yue approached the group and opened two portals.
    "Okay scrubs, listen up... I've managed to pick 7 worlds with a bridge between the Realground and the Underground. I'll be keeping you updating with new missions and objectives to keep you on the right path. Since you've already divided yourselves up between RG and UG players, I will be sending you messages accordingly. Your player pins will engrave the missions on your keyblade. You will seven in total. Six for every player and one main one.' Yue activate the main mission that appeared on the hilt of every wielder.

La Cite des Cloches
    RG + UG PLAYERS

"Defeat the Monster. Save the Man."

San Fransokyo
    RG + UG PLAYERS

"Help Hiro."

"The world portals will only remain open for 24 hours. After that you'll have failed the exam. RG players will be able to only see other RG players, and your partner. UG players will be able to see everything, but can only affect and destroy heartless. As far as UG players are considered, they're just ghosts." She looked over the cast of players with a slimmer of doubt. She approached Kaida slowly and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Third times the charm," she offered a small nod and let the players choose their direct worlds.

*NOTE: 24 hours = 1 Month real time.

13. Aelin Best Waifu

[​IMG]
    After introductions Aislinn listened to Yue and nodded. So it was time to start. She was ready. "Good luck, see you on the other side." Aislinn said to Stratos after glancing at her keyblade. "Defeating monsters and save a guy, can't be that bad, we've got this." She said with a small smile before entering the portal to bring her to La Cite Des Cloches. There was a sense of anxiety as she stepped through the portal, the unknown that awaited beyond. However this was her chance to do something that could save her world. She could become a keyblade master and save everyone. ​

14. CrownMoksha Decimo

[​IMG]

"If that's what you wanna do, then it's fine by me."
    Kel said. He didn't think he was better suited for diplomacy, there were a few times that he could technically count as diplomacy, not sure if almost punching someone in the face counted, but it was something nonetheless. There was also the fact that he didn't know much about Kaida and couldn't really, without any doubt, question her, so taking her word for it was the better option in this case.

Yue had gathered up all of their attention and conjured up two portals for them to go through before giving them another brief rundown of how things would work and given them their missions that was displayed on their keybaldes. It was vague, like it was only two words and he had no clue who this 'Hiro' person was nor how to help them. Heck, they didn't even know what 'Hiro' looked like so finding them would be another issue. "We got this." Kel gave Kaida a quick thumbs up before heading through the portal

15. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

[​IMG]
    "Defeat the monster...save the man..." Ananta blinked at the mission. "Sounds easy enough, but seems kind of....specific? Maybe it'll be harder though." she said, looking at Aislinn entering the portal. "Guess I'll talk to her while I'm there." she said, stepping into the portal after her.

Upon appearing, Ananta looked to Aislinn to get one question across. "Before we begin, this mission seems like it's gonna try to trick us I think...so be careful, okay?" she said, nodding at her. "But still, it seems just right for us, huh?"

16. GarrettFinch Hollow Bastion Committee

AJBanner.png

Andrew stood there for a moment when Ignis said 'Fine, I'll deal with the enemies that show up. Though it might help you to get experience if you fought a couple hordes of enemies yourself.' He thought that he would be Fine. Deciding that it was probably best not to say anything he turned to the others waiting for what was going to happen next. Yue then stepped forward and opened two portals. Seemed useful again asking himself why Yue could not just bring them to the realm of light. She seemed to have the power to take them anywhere. Not wanting to say anything because it did not seem like the time or place to ask he just stood there. 'Okay scrubs.' She sure was a friendly one. He decided to just put up with it for now. Sooner or later Yue might realize that was not the best way to act around people or she might not realize. He guessed he might find out. Yue then went on about picking 7 worlds with a bridge between the Realground and the Underground. 'Your player pins will engrave the missions on your keyblade.' At this point he pulled out his player pin. He took a look at it. 'Help Hiro.' Humm... Help with what he wondered. Perhaps the person was in danger. Well he guessed that he would find out once he got there. With nothing better to do he looked at the others. A few of them seemed to be going through one portal and other to the other one. At least he know some of the people going with him. 'The world portals will only remain open for 24 hours.' Well it seemed like it was time to get a move on. "Well good luck everyone." He gave a sight wave before walking through the portal.

Exiting the portal he found himself in a large exotic city and a rather advanced one at that. Some of the others seemed to be here. The building were taller then some. The city its self was full of lights and seemed to go forever in every direction. He also got the feeling that he was no longer in the realm of darkness but somewhere else. He did not know if that was a good think or not. He guessed that he would find out in time. Then something hit him he had no clue who Hiro was and for that matter what the person looked like. He guessed the first step was to look for said person but he did not know where to even start. Taking out his pin again and had a look at it. There was something about Maybe trying the police station. Well not know where that was the best option seemed like it would be to find some sort of map or some way of finding a way around the city. Wanting to help the others out as much as possible he looked to the others. "Well it seems that our first clue is to find a police station." A police station might help them find this Hiro person.

17. Skyheart Joker

[​IMG]

After she accepted his handshake, she seemed try to reaffirm what she was trying to say earlier. He understood what she was trying to say, but Stratos didn't quite agree with it. The only thing that mattered in his life right now was the people in the SOS group; becoming a master, fighting heartless, saving worlds all alongside them. As such, passing up the test had never been an option from the beginning. As Yue opened the portals up to the worlds they were going to travel through, Stratos looked at his keyblade to see the mission engraved into it. It seemed like a pretty simple mission but given the test at hand, he doubted it'd hardly be as straight forward. Regardless, as his partner had started to go on her way through the portal Stratos nodded saying, "good luck to you too." With that, Stratos walked through the portal and went on his way to the UG.

18. Fearless A good and beautiful child

Gwendolyn was just closing the book and tucking it under her arm (and boy, did she wish she had a bag) when everything began to happen all at once. Abilities were granted, talking mice were handed out, and then they were in the smack-dab center of the biggest city Gwendolyn had ever seen in her life. Skyscrapers on all sides, and so many people it was hard to make out individual faces. Thankfully, it was hard to get lost when their group (the SOS?) seemed to be isolated. There was nothing like this back home; the biggest city there had been a quarter of a size of this place, and half as tall.

Staring around at all sides, it took her a moment to register that Yue was talking, and giving out information she should probably know. Whoops. She should really start paying attention better.

"...Explain a couple of things about this special reaper's game," Yue continued, tossing everyone a player pin. Gwendolyn barely managed to snatch the thing from midair, and examined it as the other girl continued to explain the rules. Very ultra-modern design. Kinda stylish. It was pretty cool, actually. She put it in her dress pocket, and went to find her partner, the one guy that she actually knew by name; Hikaru.

"Hi, again," she introduced awkwardly. "Sure is a weird test, huh? Haha."

Two portals opened before them, and she followed Hikaru to the one they chose. Whichever one that was. She was just kind of going with it.

"I, uh, I'll take RG, if you don't mind. I don't think you want a newbie to be the fighter of the group."

19. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Ignis listened as Yue explained how they only had 24 hours in a world to finish their mission, or else they'd fail the exam. Seeing as how their mission was to "Help Hiro", Ignis was sure they were going to have a fun time trying to figure this one out. And since she couldn't interact with AJ while in the UG, she hoped that he was able to get information they needed quickly.

"Well, guess I'll head on through and get started on this. Here's to hoping we don't come close to the time limit, because I'd really like to not fail this exam."

20. Krowley Moderator

[​IMG]

Hikaru turned to face Gwendolyn; one of the newcomers from before the Mizrabel fight. Some prior confrontations with other people aside, she seemed like a fair enough wielder and he hoped that they could co-operate on a well enough level to beat this first part of the exam. "Gwendolyn, right? I'm sure you'll do just fine... Let's just try and do our best in there," he replied, giving a big smile and a thumbs up to reassure her. "You've got a lot of people to help guide you through it, so don't worry about strength. We've always had numbers on our side. And that's not going to stop now." He guided Gwendolyn through the portal and appeared in a new city.

Hikaru opened his eyes after going through the portal, blinking to adjust his eyes.
    It was a very vibrant and active city, lots of people walking around and the buildings were covered in advertisements and modern housing. It was similar to the Shibuya world they had just left, but with a more vibrant presence. Hikaru looked at his hands. Nothing seemed to have been different. He didn't even feel much like a ghost.

He saw a person walking by and thought he would try asking if they had ever heard of some one named 'Hiro.' He jogged a bit to cut them off and stood in front of the random walking citizen. "Excuse me, I was just wondering if-" he was cut off when the person walked straight on through them. "Oh, right... Underground..." He turned back to his partner. "Hey Gwendolyn, any luck on your end? We're trying to find some one named Hiro, yeah?"

At that moment, by the police station, a young boy was seen frantically running past them. He wore a blue hoodie jacket, a red shirt, long dark beige capri shorts, and dark brown trainers with yellow laces. He ran his hands through his messy black hair as something seemed to have freaked him out.

Behind him, was a very slow walking robot that looked like a giant marshmallow. It has small beady black eyes and waddled as it walked. "Hiro. It is important to look both ways when crossing the street." The robot spoke as he followed Hiro into the police station.

The players who arrived in the City of the Bells were transported to the center of the square. The city was booming with festivities and there were even some entertainers performing in the street. It was odd, but some of the citizens seemed to be turned off by the entertainers. "Stay away, child--they're gypsies. They'll steal us blind," one mother said, pulling her child away.

An out of place citizen was a blonde man in golden armor. He was pulling his white horse through the rustic city trying to look at a map. "Huh, ya leave town for a couple of decades and they change everything," he told his horse. He looked around for any sign of help, before spotting Ananta and Aislinn. They looked as out of place as he did. He had been ignored by most of the locals all day, so he thought he'd take a shot on some visitors like himself. "Excuse me, ladies, I'm looking for the Palace of Justice. You wouldn't happen to know where that is, would you?"