Kingdom Hearts III Premiere Event Reveals + Other Info

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Meilin Lee, May 18, 2018.

1. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

As reported earlier, a Kingdom Hearts III Premium Showcase event was taking place this week, allowing notable figures in the online KH community to try out the highly anticipated game for the first time. While some leaks have gotten out, now that the embargo has been lifted, we can finally post what's been revealed:

KH3-Off-Screen-Leak_2018_05-17-18_004.jpg KH3-Off-Screen-Leak_2018_05-17-18_005.jpg
    Probably the biggest news to come out of the event, it has been revealed Wreck-It Ralph himself will be a summon in KH3!

KH3-Off-Screen-Leak_2018_05-17-18_006.jpg
    Also revealed was what looks like a new blue-haired villain (wearing bunny ears?) confronting Sora and his friends in the Toy Story world. Check out additional images below (which also confirm the appearance of the famous Pixar easter egg in KH3, the Pizza Planet truck!).

KH3-Off-Screen-Leak_2018_05-17-18_001.jpg KH3-Off-Screen-Leak_2018_05-17-18_002.jpg KH3-Off-Screen-Leak_2018_05-17-18_003.jpg
    This thread will be updated with any additional info revealed as they come.

Thanks to @Gelatinous Ghost for the info.
    Source: Gematsu

EDIT: Some additional tidbits from KHInsider! 1, 2
    • You can switch between Keyblades on the fly in the middle of combat!
    • The Toy Story world is called Toy Box.
    • As his summon attack, Ralph creates blocks across the battlefield (as directed by Sora) and then blows them up.
    • As her summon attack, Ariel creates puddles that erupt into fountains of water.
    • You can see Dissidia Final Fantasy NT toys on the shelves of Galaxy Toys in Toy Box.
    • Rex the Dinosaur offhandedly mentions being stuck on the Bahamut boss in his latest video game.
    • Woody has some trouble wrapping his head around some of the events of the game.
    • Parts of Olympus Coliseum were inspired by co-director Tai Yasue's visit to Yosemite National Park.
    • Originally, Ralph wasn't going to be revealed until next month, but Square Enix decided to add him to the Premiere demo.
    • Predictably, Rapunzel's hair gave the dev team a challenge (it took Disney animators years to figure out). She holds some of it in her arms while the rest trails behind her and interacts with the environment.
    • From KH13's Twitter: The Keyblade from Kingdom of Corona is called Ever After.
    Square Enix has also released a slew of screenshots. Check them out!

Hercules 1.jpg Hercules 2.jpg Hercules 3.jpg Toy Story 1.jpg Toy Story 2.jpg Toy Story 3.jpg Toy Story 4.jpg Toy Story 5.jpg Toy Story 6.jpg Toy Story 7.jpg Toy Story 8.jpg Toy Story 9.jpg Toy Story 10.jpg Toy Story 11.jpg Toy Story 12.jpg Toy Story 14.jpg Toy Story 15.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2018
Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Meilin Lee, May 18, 2018.

1. . : tale_wind
      . : tale_wind
      It might've been cool to see a Wreck-It Ralph world in KHIII, but hey, I'll gladly settle for a summon! Though considering how the Dandelion event last month mentioned that a summon in KHIII would come from a new Disney world in Union χ, I wonder if we'll get that world after all?

But man, look how great this game looks! I'm really excited by the prospect of switching Keyblades on a whim!
    2. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      Yeah, I'm 99% sure at this point that Wreck-It Ralph will be the new Union X world that Nomura mentioned about. Curious how they'll tackle it seeing as how it'll be the first world in that game that isn't from a fantasy setting. And while I too would've preferred it as a new KH3 world, I hope that the upcoming sequel would provide new ideas to add a Wreck-It Ralph world in a future KH game.
    3. Iskandar
      Iskandar
      After watching the videos of the event and seeing these pictures, I think I might change up my playstyle in the KH series and use more summons, or in this case, Links, because those are beautiful. I might just spam the Little Mermaid one just to see that pretty water
    4. Day~Dream
      Day~Dream
      Really glad to see WIR in some form in KH3, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't the slightest bit bummed it isn't a world. I feel like it would've made such a great world to play and interact in within KH3.