Kingdom Hearts FanFiction

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Calxiyn, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Lately I've been thinking about the Kingdom Hearts Community and that relationship with the game in terms of writing up original characters, roleplays, artwork, and fanfiction etc, but I wanted to focus on FanFiction in particular. So I actually have a few questions to ask and I'd like to put in my own ideas on it afterwards.

1. Have you ever read Kingdom Hearts FanFiction, if so how often? (Once in a while, every week, etc)

2. Has this FanFiction been about Future Games that are yet to be released? (A lot of 'Right After Kingdom Hearts 2' Fanfiction was popular it seems before we realized there were going to be 3+ more games before the release.)

3. Has this FanFiction had 'OTPS' or any kind of shipping, if so, which ones?

4. Do you think that the FanFiction has played a role in keeping you interested or within the 'fandom' in between games while waiting for Kingdom Hearts 3?

You can also put in your own comments if you haven't read any FanFiction. But if so I'd like to know why (if any reason lol)

For me the last question is probably the most important one when I've been asking this. For a lot of fans of different series, FanFiction is a way of keeping the 'hype' going. Kingdom Hearts is different in the way that it's fanbase has grown up etc, and a lot of people have been writing Fiction that is strictly Kingdom Hearts based for YEARS. From what I can tell it really has kept a lot of people going because even if it's not canon if well written it's 'new content'. Community is VERY important and I feel like there's a large community of writers who really kept people into it, and it's much easier now with Tumblr etc.

Edit: If you've WRITTEN Fanfiction and have some extra insight on the Fanfiction community in general for KH I'd love to hear your experiences, what you write etc

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  2. cstar stay away from my waifu

1. Have you ever read Kingdom Hearts FanFiction, if so how often? (Once in a while, every week, etc)

I used to read KH fanfic all the time when I was younger, around 12 and about until I was 15. I don't read it much anymore but I remember reading it all the time then, like, once a day.

2. Has this FanFiction been about Future Games that are yet to be released? (A lot of 'Right After Kingdom Hearts 2' Fanfiction was popular it seems before we realized there were going to be 3+ more games before the release.)

After a point. A lot of the fanfiction I read was a lot more AU centered and it showed. Eventually I saw less "after kh2" and more "before Birth by Sleep" and I even remember before Birth by Sleep reading a lot of predict-fanfic of that (like one where Ventus was Sora's older brother and Sora forgot about him from some sort of namine-esque removing memories tactic that was weird).

Oh yeah. The AU's went CRAZY with otps to the point that some ships didn't even make sense if you applied it in real game terms. But when it was supposed to be taken seriously and was "accurate to the game" I found there was a lot more Sora/Kairi. Out of that I remember reading a lot more AkuRoku than anything

4. Do you think that the FanFiction has played a role in keeping you interested or within the 'fandom' in between games while waiting for Kingdom Hearts 3?

Not me anymore. I have other methods of keeping my interested or in the fandom and that generally involves less fanfic and more talking about expectations or looked at pretty fanart people make. I have a lot more fandoms to juggle anyway so less time with KH doesn't hurt it. It's gonna always be there.

3. CrownMoksha Decimo

Not really.

*See answer to above question*

Usually the released trailers/replaying the games keeps my interest.

4. Truly Mad Moves Destiny Islands Resident

I used to write KH fanfiction. I gave up, because nobody really read it. It was set ten years after Xehanort's ultimate defeat and featured Max Goof, Webby Vanderquack, and an OC named Skye - successors to Goofy, Donald, and Sora - going on a mission to various worlds. Because that's how I write fanfiction. People often comment to me how my writing resembles the next installment of a franchise more than it resembles fanfiction. Thing is, people don't really read that in the Kingdom Hearts fandom. People read high school AUs and fluffy romances. It was profoundly depressing. So, I deadfic'd it...