Fandub [KHV] Ventus Meets Lea & Saix (English Fandub)

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Mike, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Mike Chaser

Hey everyone, the next video scene from KINGDOM HEARTS Birth By Sleep has been dubbed by the [KHV] KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep team. This video focuses on Ventus at the time that he meets up with Lea (Axel) and Isa (Saix) from Radiant Garden.

The scene is about the establishing friendship between Lea and Ventus. Although, Lea and Isa were rushing to the castle of Radiant Garden, Ventus appeared to be concerned about meeting up with them again.

The video is dubbed by Ryusuke (Isa), Newkidaye (Lea) and myself as Ventus. This video clip features many audio effects. The sound effects and music was placed just right to fit the scene. Some lines were missed, due to a deadline, but shouldn't cause too much of a concern.

Any type of suggestions and advice will always be appreciated. Please tell us your thoughts and please request other scenes that you would like so watch in English.

Axel (Lea): Newkidaye
    Saix (Isa): Ryusuke
    Ventus: Mike (CGNET)
    Translator: Strwbrymilk

2. xkh2x Traverse Town Homebody

umm... isn't that vid the awakening vid? anyway, i can't wait to see the lea and saix one!! :D

3. Mike Chaser

Yea. There are some uploading problems on YouTube So, for now I linked to the awakening.

4. Maggy Gummi Ship Junkie

wow that was pretty good! xD

the thing is...there are higher quality vids out there ya know XP
    ...not to complain or anything but it looks blurry DX

OTHER THAN THAT, it was very well done ;D

5. Mike Chaser

It's still being processed.

6. Maggy Gummi Ship Junkie

ohh ok then...

7. Dawn King's Apprentice

I love it! Thank you so much Mike. Everyone did wonderful. Ryusuke is great at keeping in character.

8. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Loved it, very good voice acting.

One thing confused me though, is the reason Lea can pick up the keyblade because it doesn't have a key chain? :p

9. Mike Chaser

I'm a little confused. Is that question based on my performance today or just in general?

10. Mike Chaser

Okay, I see what your saying now. For me, it just comes natural. I love what I do, because it's just something I love. I tell myself everyday that I can always improve. I believe we can always improve, but what I do everyday is good enough for me because I know I'm trying.

This may sound cheesy, but when it comes to acting I listen to my heart. For those who really want to get involved and need some key points, I think it's very important that you establish who you are and what your looking for.

For me, I picked Roxas/Ven because I can relate. I've been told my voice almost sounds naturally like him. A lot of times, I feel like Roxas. It's a character that I can relate to in so many ways. That's important, because if you can voice a character like you, it's much easier.

At times, it's also good to do roles that you wouldn't see yourself doing. This is where you become stronger. When I'm voicing in my productions or other castings that I was accepted into, I usually look at how the character gives off it's emotion. Looking at the eyes of the character, shows it all for me. The body language also shows so much. I think for those that want to voice, should look at these two significant gestures.

It's also very important that you're on key. You don't want to yell, when there's no reason. Sometimes I get mixed up in that. You need to balance the emotion that you give. You asked, "what can you do to make these characters sound better?" It's all about the emotion and the quality of the mic. It's also very important that your words flow natural. Try not to get stuck on words and let everything flow out nicely when your dubbing. I think that's very important. My advice would be to at least look at your lines once or twice before recording.

As far as the cast, yes it is complete. I have voice overs for every characters as of now, but that can change due to members leaving, dropping roles, not completing deadlines and etc.

Also, there are a couple more characters that I didn't cast from Disney. So, when those scenes come up, if they do, I'll be casting right here on KHV.

11. daisydog2 Destiny Islands Resident

Omg that was great, one of my fav bbs scenes! Of course I always love your voices :)

12. Umiyuri Papaeyra Gummi Ship Junkie

I see the translation's a little less awkward this time around. :D

Good job, mostly. Newkidaye's voice sounded a bit forced though, and your tone was off on that last few lines. Other than that, this was pretty awesome, and your dubs brought the scene to life pretty well.

13. CodedbyDays Moogle Assistant

I don't post here much, sorry. ^^" But anyway...
    Overall, I think that these fandubs are getting better. They're getting less...I don't know, fandub-y. But anyway, a few comments:
    1. Isn't Isa's name pronounced Aiza? Just a picky detail, and something that might change in the English dub, anyway.

2. Still not a fan of the sound effects, but can't really help you much there, other than the steps were a little off.

3. Another picky detail, but it can make a difference. Make sure that you pronounce the "g" in -ing words.
    You and Ryusuke could work on your tones a bit more (I actually thought that Lea sounded fantastic, so kudos to Newkidaye), but these are getting better. 8.5/10

14. shurik Destiny Islands Resident

On twilight beach , listning to the waves
    Newkidaye as lea was the perfect choice if only I was aloud a youtube account I would totally subscribe to all of u

15. khfan1661

Good job on this one guys. :)

Hey Mike, I have a scene request, thought it's not Birth by Sleep, and it may already have been done (if so could someone please direct me to it?)

But the scene I'm talking about is the one in KHIIFM+ where Sora meets up with Terra's armor?
    I think it's called 'lingering statement' or something like that.
    I'd really like to see that with an english dub.
    :)

16. Shadow55551 Destiny Islands Resident

I think my ears bled when Lea said got it memorized. Stupid fangirls

17. Umiyuri Papaeyra Gummi Ship Junkie

Eh? How is it the fangirls' fault? (Especially considering the dub was made by guys. O_o) The line he says is his Japanese catch-phrase, which was dubbed with 'Got it memorised?' because that takes about the same amount of time to speak and carries similar meaning.

I doubt it's our fault he likes saying so much.

18. AndreaAras26 Merlin's Housekeeper

Oh my god, the voices sound SO alike. awesome ^w^

You're right in that, Isa is actually pronounced 'Aiza'. And with Lea's name too, even though in 358/2 Days Saix pronounces Lea's name as 'Lee', is really pronounced with an 'a' at the end.

19. Shadow55551 Destiny Islands Resident

Look sorry to confuse you, but I am saying that the fangirls squeals are what made my ears bleed. I just joke around saying that fangirls squeal everytime he says those lines.

20. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Great job. Although, Lea's voice didn't really match Lea if you ask me.
    To whoever said that you should pronounce the "g" at the end of words, keep in mind that not everyone does that. Of course, someone like Isa would speak very articulately.
    Speaking of which, Isa's voice was perfect.