Kingdom Hearts III KH3 Wanted Summons?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Shuhbooty, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Shuhbooty moon child

I think this should be a top 10 questions as well @Krowley but what are some summons you would like to see in KH3? Do you want the same ones from KH2 or 1? New members? Explain. :3

I would like to keep:
    • Stitch
    • Tinkerbell & Peterpan together
    • Simba
    • Cloud
    To have:
    • Maximus (from tangled)
    • Odetted (as a swan from Swan Princess)
    • Kida from Atlantis
    • Maleficent
    I also think that after beating the game you can unlock Mickey as a permant summon.

2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Sadly, The Swan Princess isn't a Disney movie. :P

But I second the Maximus summon, and would like to add Flynn to that summon—Maximus charges in, trampling anything in his path, while Flynn rides astride him, whacking at foes with a trusty frying pan.

3. Shuhbooty moon child

I could have swore it was a Disney movie. :| Google lied to me!

I second this idea. Or maybe Repuzel instead of Flynn with her rrrrrry long hair whipping about while Maximus tramples everything xD

4. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

I would prefer they ditch the old summons, and start off with brand new ones. As for specific ones I would like to see... tbh, I don't know. Perhaps Wall-E (as a defensive summon) and Eve (offensive). Given how KH3D ended, I wouldn't be surprised if Meow Wow ended up as a summon for Sora as well. And some FF summons would be nice too.

5. A Zebra Chaser

I want then to fuse the summon, D Link and Drive Form systems. Let Sora take on traits and abilities of various characters

6. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

7. 61 No. B

I wouldn't mind if summons as we're familiar with them did not appear at all. They were never particularly interesting or useful as far as my playing the games were concerned, so it's hard for me to want any summons at all. D-Link was an interesting alternative, though not exactly summons strictly-speaking. So whatever summons they do include I just hope they make them worthwhile and beneficial in some way. I think incorporating Dream Eaters into summons would be genius, make them feel like a more integral part to the setting rather than these things that appeared for one title and were then promptly forgotten about and never touched upon again.
    I think just straight-up doing FF summons would be incredibly lazy and I don't want that. I think summoning Disney characters was interesting the first couple times for the novelty of it, it allowed characters that weren't part of the story to still be seen in some way, but moving forward, if summons are something they intend to retain they need to rethink the way they're going to go about doing them.

8. Labrys King's Apprentice

Am I the only one that prfers the normal D-Link summons?

9. Shuhbooty moon child

If this is a 3D thing let me know now because I haven't played it yet. (Own and dsi not a 3ds hahahhhhhaaaa -shame- ) So in that note I don't know what it is.

I felt like even tho tghe summons meant nothing, almost irrelevant to the game actually but it was cute. I thought it gave it more of a Disney fill and I wish the summons lasted a tad longer then they did.

10. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

D-Links are the BbS equivalent of Summons. Instead of summoning a character to just fight alongside side you, D-Links would give you specific attacks and abilities based off of a specific character.

...I did describe that correctly, right?

11. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Yes, that is correct.

As for the topic of D-Links in KH3, I wouldn't mind it either. But in the end, I still prefer a summon system that is new (as in, not seen before).

12. Beucefilous Kingdom Keeper

I think the Cheshire cat would be a cool summon. Putting out a massive variety of random effects, some helping and some hindering.

13. Antidote Façade

Well I did want some unique and original summons, but I'm guessing the Disney attractions and Keyblade transformations are going to render the traditional ways of summoning obsolete.

14. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I found KH1 summons incredibly pointless and sometimes even bothersome but becasue of that I don't tend to use them often. I can't imaging D-links working because, by the looks of it, the attack panel is going to be the same as KH1 and KH2 and not BBS and KH3D meaning it would be difficult to gain the abilities and stuff as the whole control panel thingy would have to change and it feels a bit too complex to do. Summons on the other hand, I really like the idea of dream eaters- it allows them to be relevant and to also be able to join with them and do awesome attacks.

For just normal Disney summons though, I am surprised no one has said Sven yet, he could be quite fun, or the Trolls from Frozen. I would love Sully or Mike from Monsters Inc but I would rather they made a world for them... but they are Pixar so it seems unlikely... but I can dream.

15. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

Why the heck should Maleficent be a summon? :\

16. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Not anymore though (since Disney owns Pixar now)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  17. Antidote Façade

Yeah, I couldn't see that making sense myself. I mean, she was a D-Link for Terra but that was because of the whole darkness thing.

She and Sora are enemies. I don't see them working together or going any farther than that time she oddly threw herself in front of the Nobodies so Sora and co. could escape.

18. Shuhbooty moon child

Regardless of their past, I think it would still be cool. Like what if they get over their differences and she actually wants to help him? But in certain ways, like when he's in his heartless form or something. Just a thought, and I'd just enjoy to see it.

Ohhhh.. well since I haven't played it personally I'm just gunna say that sounds boring. xD (but I bet it's really cool).

19. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

In my mind, the new Meleficent film is going to shed some light on her character- to me it's the same person, the green lady and Angelina Jolie. But I think it would make an interesting twist, we never really find out what happened to her at the end of KH2 so I am going to bet her and Pete are still alive somewhere and they will return, they did finish on a note where they helped each other.

I also like the idea that, in KH1 Maleficent was one of the main villains, she was all powerful and controlled the heartless and then the nobodies come along and screw that up for her and now she is progressively getting less power and is shown more as a fool than all powerful.

20. Shuhbooty moon child

That's what I love as well! She was given a great role in the series, and I don't think (or want) for her to just up and die/quit/ect. And this film just inspires me more about her, like it was pointed out before the summons were boring and actually had no true meanings in the storyline but to support. Which is fine with me but I hope they can get something together this time. If not, no dissapointment.