KH-V's Trevor Project

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by axel8th, Sep 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. axel8th Traverse Town Homebody

I saw TV commercial for The "Trevor Project" on the-N and well, i feel that since it has good cause we should help anyone who feels like that no one understand them. So the main purpose this thread is to help anyone who is having problems with their sexaul identity. (Please sticky.)

2. Misty gimme kiss

I like the idea. ^^ *stickied*

3. Rosey Chaser

*sits down*

Im here to help ^^

4. EvilMan_89 Code Master

i dunno...i personally dont' think a kids site like this is very suitable for this discussion

5. Donaut Banned

Wow, I just watched that and I totally agree with this.

6. Mirai King's Apprentice

What? You haven't been here long have you? I see nothing wrong with it. Is it the gay part or the suicide part?

I'm interested in this.

7. Repliku Chaser

I really kind of think this could be in the help with life section instead of taking another sticky spot in Intelligent Discussion. After all, we talk about a lot of things in there concerning a variety of topics. However, if it doesn't move, ah well.

I do think though that the topic is not that inappropriate for a kid's site really. We've helped and discussed things with people who had suicidal friends etc and it's nice to just even have someone to tell real life problems to and get some opinions. We all go through hardships and some experiences can almost seem mirrored with some of the things others have gone through. As long as the conversations stay clean and all, I don't see anything wrong with it. Kids do know about suicide and they know about gays. Covering it up seems more taboo than talking about it, as long as it's done in the right way. Just my two cents. Of course, I'm not one to really prefer 'censoring' real life from kids as they grow up naive and get taken advantage of otherwise.

[​IMG]

8. axel8th Traverse Town Homebody

Think about it. There's someone one on the site who could be going through this and the next day we find their obituary posted in the news. I feel this is great help to those who need it.

9. Peyton Goddess Of Love ♥

This is a good idea :3

I support it.

10. newman Destiny Islands Resident

I'm always happy to know that someone who is sick and troubled has somewhere to turn for help. Finding someone who cares can save lives,especially in a world such as ours.We tend to judge others that are different and troubled.They much to often can't find people that care enough to confide in.Everyone has problems,but when they get the best of us it really helps to find others that can make reasonable assements. Thus helping one to realise whatever their problem is,it's not to great to be solved.Nothing is to great that it can't be changed,but finding the courage to seek help is truely admirable.Many well known people have sought help,and the people who have helped them deserve an awful lot of praise in my opinion.

11. Repliku Chaser

Well, I'll be sitting here to chillax too since I'm in the other threads bothering people any way as well. =:)

12. The Twin My, what a strange duet

I think this is a fantastic idea. I support it.

13. KHfan321 Destiny Islands Resident

14. Advent 【DRAGON BALLSY】

I agree with you somewhat, Evil. It's understandable though, since there are basically as many teens as (if not more than) kids on this site; plus how many kids will be in intelligent discussion? So I think the idea is well thought out, and decently appropriate.

LMAO dude he's a long time veteran. He's been here much longer than you.

15. Xemnas7355 Gummi Ship Junkie

Wow this is an actual good Idea...
    although I do kinda agree that this is a kids website but still...a lot more teens than kids

16. P Banned

Uh, guys, no one will reply like this. Nu-uh.

Sorry, but anon stuff only works if it is anon. Perhaps make a new accounted called Trevor, and post the password on the first post? People can then go on it, and post with it. Well? (They could use a number or something to identify themselves from other people) I know you can still IP check, but it would be a bit of faith not to.

I think that might help. I know that I wouldn't touch this type of thread with a five-foot pole.

Just my thoughts, take them for what you will.

17. Repliku Chaser

Really there is no way to implement this as being anonymous as this is not a suicide prevention forum and so no account is going to be made for that purpose. In the end, that is why this is not such a good idea and well, I do see that if anyone is pondering suicide, whether gay or not, that there is only so much we can do on a forums to help. If someone is really in such dire straights, I would not mind trying to help the person in PM but really, this forums isn't going to be able to do much and I'm thinking that this idea is not the greatest.

When this topic was made, we only had one thread for Help with Life. Now that we have a whole section for it, this concept is kind of not needed now. If someone thinks it should still be here, I will leave it open to debate on, but now that members can make their own threads and formulate their own thoughts and all there and people can respond to aid them, this area isn't so needed to me. If people agree with me, I'll go ahead and close this.

18. P Banned

Are those who agree meant to say so?

Meh, I agree.

19. Repliku Chaser

Since this cannot work because anonymous names are not going to be used and I've left it open a while to debate on it and only heard one response, I am going to go ahead and close it. I think most people here feel that if they have a situation they can come out and say it and not be ridiculed in this area. If someone did have a problem with this decision or if well, something ever comes up that is dire in this sense that you don't want to discuss it here, well feel free to PM me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.