KH 2.5 Remix BBS

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Iskandar, May 25, 2014.

1. Iskandar King of Conquerors

So I was wondering about the Birth By Sleep Volume 2 Secret Ending that was in the Japanese Version of the BBS game, and I was also think about the possibility of getting that in the KH 2.5 Remix. I'm thinking it's a possibility, as well as the Terra-Armor fight, since they dubbed the secret fight in 1.5 and let us fight Xemnas, but is there a chance they would choose not to add this in to the game for some reason?

This also brings up another question I've been wondering: What the heck is BBS Volume 2 in the first place? Was that ever really answered in the past few years or is it still kind of a "what the heck" sort of thing? Or might we actually learn something about it in KH3?

2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

The BBS Volume 2 level and cutscenes were part of the BBS Final Mix, which is the version of the game being ported as part of the ReMIX. And since the Lingering Sentiment boss was part of the KH2 Final Mix+, which is also being ported, I'd assume that it's being kept, too, along with the BBS preview cutscene.

3. A Zebra Chaser

They didn't dub the Xemnas scene, that's how it was in Final Mix. Additionally, while Nomura said there was at one point plans to make a BBS Volume 2, it had to be scrapped.
    The extra level isn't BBS Volume 2, that's the Secret Episode. BBS Volume 2 was a project hinted at in the secret ending you got for beating that level. This was later confirmed by Nomura, alongside news that it had to be scrapped. Not only that, but Square Enix did an INSANELY thorough purge of the secret ending cutscene. It's basically impossible to find now. You CAN still find it on this site, however. You have to use the second link though, the default was purged.

4. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Apparently they didn't purge youtube enough, because I found it in 2 seconds, which made me wonder about this question in the first place

5. A Zebra Chaser

How recent was the upload? I'm curious if they stopped removing them, or if this just missed the train

6. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Earliest I could find was 1 year ago, while the latest was about 3 years ago. Don't know if that means anything though

7. A Zebra Chaser

1 year would be after I checked, but three years is way before. Youtube's copyright system isn't perfect, so it probably just missed it, but there was a definite purge, when I looked for the video I couldn't find it on youtube at all, because they were all taken down by Square Enix ("Sorry about that") I guess they might have reversed that since then, allowing the videos to be seen, but why bother?
    OH OH OH
    UNLESS
    They're prepping for II.5!

8. Misty gimme kiss

Extremely shameless plug here but we actually did an episode of the podcast on Birth by Sleep Volume 2. We describe the scene leading up to the Volume 2 text, what Nomura has said on the matter, and what we think it was / could have been.

Hatok is right though that it's tough to find the video on YouTube. There is a copyright ID going around for Zero Point (amongst other Kingdom Hearts videos) so it gets pulled down almost immediately. You can always download the scene from the archive and just watch it locally.